RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Resolution changes on it's own

ShadwDrgn

Sorceror
Resolution changes on it's own

Whenever I change any settings in the UO client menu the gameplay window goes to 640x480. This is whether or not I have force game size 800x600 or not. I've got the settings in UO client set to gameplay window of 800x600, so it makes no sense that it would become smaller. There'r other posts about this but they're only about older clients. This is STILL an issue.

Anyone have a fix on this?

Kar Mall

Sorceror
I have run into this problem as well. It only seems to happen when the options in the client are changed.

ShadwDrgn

Sorceror
From the amount of time this has been up and the fact that others have the problem is it safe to assume there is no fix for this? I've seen posts about this being a problem from over a year ago. Safe to assume it will never be fixed?

Sorceror
I think it's more OSI than Razor, however I haven't tried it without Razor running. Anyone care to test it out and let me know?

Sythen

Sorceror
Its not an OSI problem

I still play on OSI at times and I've never had an issue with this. I only have this issue when I use Razor and change something in the options menu. I guess this is one of those things where you can't have something for nothing - I mean UOAssist and Razor are almost identical (Razor is better imo)... but anyway you have to pay 15 bucks to use UOAssist while Razor is FREE... so if this is the only sacrifice I have to deal with using Razor... so be it. :eek::p

ShadwDrgn

Sorceror
I agree. this is not an OSI issue. this ONLY happens when using razor. If you are using razor, when you change something in UO client options (not in razor) gameplay window resizes.

Zippy

Razor Creator
Sorry, there's no fix for this.

Are you really messing with UO options *that* much? Seems like you deal with it once and then forget about it....

Sythen

Sorceror
Oh Come On Now Zippy...

Appease the masses :p, where there's a will there's always a way. On the other hand, fix or no fix this program rocks. ;)

Macil

Sorceror
I've noticed I only experience this problem on the 9th Anniversary Edition of UO.

When on all other previous versions of UO, it doesn't do it for me.

My only problem is, I play Demise, and Demise absolutely wont let me, my friends or any of my family members play unless we're playing with 9th Anniversary Edition patched up to date. We can't figure that out for the life of ourselves.

Further more, to make life more frustrating, my shard wont let me play unless I'm using a relatively patched up to date version of Mondains Legacy. Figure that one out! Heh.

At any rate. I only have resolution issues on 9th A.E. of UO.

Jeff

Lord
You all can complain about this as much as you want, but the fact remains Zippy is the only one who can fix this, and he already stated....

Zippy;784116 said:

Are you really messing with UO options *that* much? Seems like you deal with it once and then forget about it....

Sythen

Sorceror
So Why Can't Zippy Help Solve The Issue...

Look there's no pressure here other than some people voicing their feedback on a program that we all have to use in order to connect to other servers, since connectuo isn't even downloadable anymore; or at least for me it isn't. Therefore would it kill him, an experienced developer, to put forth the effort to correct one issue thats annoying many in the community?

Obviously he still posts on these forums -he's an Administrator, part of the RunUO Core Developer Team, so he must be somewhat interested in whats going on with the RunUO forums and if he cares thats at least a start.

Originally Posted by Zippy

There has to be a fix for this somewhere in the code. Just because its a daunting task doesn't mean there isn't a fix. :p

...oh and Jeff, there's a difference between complaining and voicing feedback.

Jeff

Lord
Sythen;784957 said:
Look there's no pressure here other than some people voicing their feedback on a program that we all have to use in order to connect to other servers, since connectuo isn't even downloadable anymore; or at least for me it isn't. Therefore would it kill him, an experienced developer, to put forth the effort to correct one issue thats annoying many in the community?

Obviously he still posts on these forums -he's an Administrator, part of the RunUO Core Developer Team, so he must be somewhat interested in whats going on with the RunUO forums and if he cares thats at least a start.

There has to be a fix for this somewhere in the code. Just because its a daunting task doesn't mean there isn't a fix. :p

...oh and Jeff, there's a difference between complaining and voicing feedback.

ya but afaik Zippy is done with UO. thus, he wont be fixing Razor.

Deimos

Page
Jeff;784959 said:
ya but afaik Zippy is done with UO. thus, he wont be fixing Razor.

Well that sucks heh
Does that mean no more future developments for Razor, I wonder.

Sierra Joyce

Sorceror
Was this fixed?

I believe it may have been. Maybe some time ago?

As someone mentioned they didn't have problems with The 8th Age edition I had been meaning to research this and re-install UO with 'the just mentioned 8th Age edition' and then report my findings back to the community. It was supposed to be my big contribution! *wink*

Many seemed to agree The 9th Anniversary edition was problematic and going back quite a while, this is what I had been using.

After over a year of delaying, I don my UO Wizard's hat and find ... I am antiquated. Or, at least my designs on research. I no longer get the resizing of the gameplay window from 800x600 to 640x480.

Was this due to a Razor update? If so, ...

...For improvements that may have passed under the radar for many...

(2x) ++ Karma

-Sierra Joyce

Sierra Joyce

Sorceror
Hi Jeff,
Good to see you are still involved with RunUO. I have had to take multiple long term breaks so am sure many have drifted along to other islands of serenity...

My issue was (and maybe you gathered this and were just reporting an improvement you had noticed,) that when I tried to add a macro or even turn on or off the music or change likely anything under Options I would get the shrinking gameplay window.

I was always coming up with a new "Say: _____"
So this occurrence wasn't going to Plague (Beast Lord) me to death it seemed.

So glad not to have this issue any longer.

*waves*

:D