RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Restarting Server

bolda

Wanderer
Restarting Server

Ive been loading scripts and things to my server but if for some reason the power goes out or i shut down the server and try to start it again it does a complete download and restarts the server from blank erasing all my spawns and things?
Any one know what im doing wrong?

dumble

Wanderer
sounds like you arent letting the server save.. you might want to tell it to save every now and then, may help

Radar3

Wanderer
dumble said:
sounds like you arent letting the server save.. you might want to tell it to save every now and then, may help
Wrong, wrong oh and did I mention, wrong?

He's loading the server from the shortcut on the desktop.
DELETE THE SHORTCUT AND MAKE A NEW ONE. The default shortcut's bugged.

Phantom

Knight
bolda said:
Ive been loading scripts and things to my server but if for some reason the power goes out or i shut down the server and try to start it again it does a complete download and restarts the server from blank erasing all my spawns and things?
Any one know what im doing wrong?

Don't use the default shortcut, this has nothing to do with the power going out.

in the future post complete thoughts and more details.

dumble

Wanderer
Radar3 said:
Wrong, wrong oh and did I mention, wrong?

He's loading the server from the shortcut on the desktop.
DELETE THE SHORTCUT AND MAKE A NEW ONE. The default shortcut's bugged.

I don't know a whoel lot abotu this, but I was attempting to help with the little I do know. Try being a slight bit more polite, you'll be surprised with what you get.

bolda

Wanderer
Thanx Guys

I would like to thank all of you for your input. But i would have to say he was right in that my shortcut was bugged. I deleted it and made a new one and now i can restart my server and everything is still there :) :)

I really appritiate all the helps you guys give us newbs starting out

I WOULD LIKE TO SAY GOOD JOB, YOUR HELP IS A BLESSING