RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Run UO 2.2 Spawner systems

Grishord

Squire
What is everyone using? megaspawner isn't really as powerful (and is a little clunky) as I'd like to use, and I can't seem to find a working version of XML spawner... What systems is everyone currently using to spawn?

Morxeton

Sorceror
I stopped updating MegaSpawner back in 2004. I don't recommend anyone using it as it has a lot of issues. If I ever get it finished, a new completely re-written version may be coming out in the future. XMLSpawner, IMO, is a bit bloated and it has its own scripting language that you have to learn... not to mention that it's no longer updated. The only system I know of that is still active is Nerun's PremiumSpawner: http://www.runuo.com/community/threads/runuo-2-1-neruns-distro.457586/

Grishord

Squire
Wow it's been that long? I greatly appreciate the honestly in that it has issues, unfortunately the spawn package I used contained that, I'll look into that link you posted up and I hope there's an easy way to convert the spawners over to those, I like a lot that Mega has to offer I just wish it was more user friendly with less pages and easier 'repeat-ability' on settings and the like, I'm looking forward to a possible re release of it though!

Edit: If I JUST want the spawners I'm after

http://runuo-nerun-distro.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/Distro for RunUO 2.2/Scripts/Customs/Nerun's Distro/New/Engines/Spawner/

Right?

Edit 2:
or as stated in

http://runuo-nerun-distro.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/Premium Spawner Tutorial (EN-rev).txt

1) Unrar "NerunsDistro-rx.rar".

2) You will se two folders inside: "Data" and "Scripts". Plus some files
(including this tutiorial, changes history, benchmark tests, SpawnsID of
all maps etc). Read the files for more usefull information if you want.

3) Cut the folders "Data" and "Scripts".

4) Go to "c:\RunUO 2.1\" (or where you install it) and paste it there. Windows
Explorer will say that those folders already exists, and will ask if you
want to overwrite, click "yes to all".

??

Edit 3:eek:k so I ONLY added the 3 files to my test server and everything seems to have compiled and is loading up, will I have errors if that' all I use?

Edit 4: if that is all there is to it, I have to say, I'm not that impressed with what it has to offer, I found a working version of XML I'll stick with for now (unless theres more to it then the Spawner folder)

tommenquar

Sorceror
wow, it has been a good long while since i have been out of the game. Last i remember XML spawner was the thing to use on all servers. looks like ill have to throw up a copy of neruns distro since it still isn't too late XD

Zagros

Sorceror
XmlSpawner is still in development at orbsydia by myself and godfood.

And you do not need to install all of its systems in order to simply place items/spawns into the world.

It's mildly runuo 2.2 compatible as it stands, and as for the development and enhancement of its features is community based.