RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rune Crafting & Enchanting system

Obez

Wanderer
Amy-;746190 said:
You might want to check that, I was able to make a 133% LRC robe before it poofed, first try :)
I like it though, with some tweaks of course

ohh wow thats not good at all lol
thats wierd i never reached 100% anything testing it out :/

lwell it ooks like i still got some tweaking to do.

thanks for letting me know im guna play around with it a bit.

Obez

Wanderer
VindiKat;746173 said:
Using Greystar's Blackrock example as a template, your roughstone works with ML mining just fine:

Code:
if ( Core.ML )
			{
				oreAndStone.BonusResources = new BonusHarvestResource[]
				{
					new BonusHarvestResource( 0, 95.8664, null, null ),	//Nothing	//Note: Rounded the below to .0167 instead of 1/6th of a %.  Close enough
					new BonusHarvestResource( 100, .0167, 1072562, typeof( BlueDiamond ) ),
					new BonusHarvestResource( 100, .0167, 1072567, typeof( DarkSapphire ) ),
					new BonusHarvestResource( 100, .0167, 1072570, typeof( EcruCitrine ) ),
					new BonusHarvestResource( 100, .0167, 1072564, typeof( FireRuby ) ),
					new BonusHarvestResource( 100, .0167, 1072566, typeof( PerfectEmerald ) ),
					new BonusHarvestResource( 100, .0167, 1072568, typeof( Turquoise ) ),
                    			new BonusHarvestResource( 100, .5, "you dig up a Rough Stone and put it in your backpack", typeof( RoughStone ))//added for runecrafting

I changed the percentage so it would drop more often for testing purposes, but I wanted to let you know it works for rc2.

Im glad it works with the ML mining system
thanks.

VindiKat

Wanderer
perhaps add a socket-type system

If a socket system (or similar) could be implemented it would go a long way to keep things from becoming too overpowered. perhaps having sockets only on exceptional craftables. ie any exceptional crafted wearable (weapon, armor, clothing, jewelry) could have a chance to be created with a socket. Possibly up to 3 sockets depending on the item and the skill of the crafter. But I think having three sockets on an item should be very limited, possibly only on weapons or a very low chance on armor. Adding another rune to a single socket item that has a rune could replace the current one.

Greystar

Wanderer
VindiKat;746805 said:
If a socket system (or similar) could be implemented it would go a long way to keep things from becoming too overpowered. perhaps having sockets only on exceptional craftables. ie any exceptional crafted wearable (weapon, armor, clothing, jewelry) could have a chance to be created with a socket. Possibly up to 3 sockets depending on the item and the skill of the crafter. But I think having three sockets on an item should be very limited, possibly only on weapons or a very low chance on armor. Adding another rune to a single socket item that has a rune could replace the current one.

XMLSockets is just like that, it's an optional pack addon for XMLSpawner and I'm currently using it.

VindiKat

Wanderer
Greystar;746835 said:
XMLSockets is just like that, it's an optional pack addon for XMLSpawner and I'm currently using it.

I will check into that. I am already using the XMLSpawner system anyway, but I have to admit I sort of wish there was some type of XMLSpawner for Dummies book available for it. :D

Johabius

Knight
VindiKat;746918 said:
I will check into that. I am already using the XMLSpawner system anyway, but I have to admit I sort of wish there was some type of XMLSpawner for Dummies book available for it. :D
I think there used to be, "Trying's Beginners Tutorial", but all the links I've tried to follow are dead. I haven't done a recent search, though. Still might be floating around here on the forums.

Obez

Wanderer
Greystar;746835 said:

I checked out the XMLSpawnerFan site looking for that socket system but I couldn't seem to find it. Is there any way you could send me a link to the thread or something?

Greystar

Wanderer
Obez;746937 said:
I checked out the XMLSpawnerFan site looking for that socket system but I couldn't seem to find it. Is there any way you could send me a link to the thread or something?

XMLSpawnerFan -> XMLSockets Releases and Updates

A copy can also be found on RunUO's site, however I'm not sure if the one here is up to date. You should do a search here for XMLSockets (it should also be near the top of the Scripts Submissions due to recent activity in that thread).

Runuo link

VindiKat

Wanderer
After playing with this system for a while, it seems the only really overpowering thing is with the enhancement of clothing items. I have had many items break on the first attempt at enhancement, and some that could be enhanced many times. With a nice weapon or armor, most people won't keep trying to enhance after a point for fear of losing the item, but with clothing that is easily (and cheaply) replaced that is a different story. In order to maintain some balance without changing the whole system, I would make it so only certain clothing items could be enhanced (ie hats and robes perhaps) and only enhanced with certain runes (IN (luck) and LOR (night sight), for example).

This is really a cool system, I can tell a lot of thought and work went into designing it.

Obez

Wanderer
VindiKat;747984 said:
After playing with this system for a while, it seems the only really overpowering thing is with the enhancement of clothing items. I have had many items break on the first attempt at enhancement, and some that could be enhanced many times. With a nice weapon or armor, most people won't keep trying to enhance after a point for fear of losing the item, but with clothing that is easily (and cheaply) replaced that is a different story. In order to maintain some balance without changing the whole system, I would make it so only certain clothing items could be enhanced (ie hats and robes perhaps) and only enhanced with certain runes (IN (luck) and LOR (night sight), for example).

This is really a cool system, I can tell a lot of thought and work went into designing it.

first i wana say thanks ur input is much appreciated

theres only so much testing I can do myself so Iv been relying heavily on what other have been saying about my system and its really awesome that you and others post tips on how i can make this system better.

I can totally see what your saying about the clothing thing and i hadn't even taken into acount how cheap and easy it was to replace.
Currently I'm working on a newer version of the system with an actual max amount of runes placed in an object.

but i can see that what u mentioned would still be a problem
and adding certain runes into many different pieces of clothing would become overpowered.

so Im deff guna take ur advice into consideration and limit what kinds of runes can be placed into clothing.

as for the system that that is out now, its pretty easy to limit the runes that can be placed in clothing:
for example, go into the file like CorpRune.cs ( Spell Damage ) or YlemRune.cs (lower reg cost ) and find:

Code:
else if ( targeted is BaseClothing )

and just delete everything until:
Code:
else if ( targeted is BaseJewel )

but of course this could get pretty monotonous and time consuming

but like I said im working on making a newer version and it'll hopefully be as balanced as possible.. so keep the tips and suggestions comin'

thanks

VindiKat

Wanderer
As for ideas, How about some rare dropped items instead of some of the reagents for crafting the runes? For example, for the Flamus rune could be crafted using dropped dragon tongues (red hued mandrake root would work) in addition to the sulfurous ash and rune stone.

Is there a way to make it so only exceptional (crafted) items can be enhanced?

Also, I was thinking that maybe the actual installing of the runes might be based off of either tinkering or armslore. That part can be easily changed.

VindiKat

Wanderer
continued suggestion about extra components

I was trying to think up logical things for added components that might be used:

Code:
Syllable		Effect		Meaning				Extra Component

Aglo	Durability Bonus		Armor				10 iron ingots
Ahm	Spell channeling		Honesty
An	Hit dispel			Negate or Dispel		10 dispel scrolls
Arma	Use best  weapon skill	Weapon or Arms ( Paladin )
Bal	Hit leech Stam		Evil
Beh	Regen stam		Justice		
Bet	Hit magic arrow		Small					5 Magic Arrow scrolls
Cah	Mage armor / weapon	Sacrifice				3 Arcane gems
Char	Hit lower defence		Part				5 curse scrolls
Corp	Inc. spell damage		Death
Del	Resist cold		Cold					3 white dragonscales
Des	Hit lower attack		Lower or Down
Dium	Resist physical bonus	Noble ( Paladin )			3 black dragonscales
Ex	Bonus stam		Freedom
Flam	Resist fire			Flame				3 red dragonscales
Flamus	Hit Fire Area		Fire ( Paladin )			Dragon tongue (from dragons)
Frio	Hit cold area		Cold ( Pre UO )				Wyrm Heart (from Wyrm and White Wyrm)
Furis	Hit energy area		Fury ( Paladin )
Gra	Hit leech hits		Drain/Leech or Siphon
Grav	Hit physical area		Field
Hur	Resist energy		Wind					3 blue dragonscales
In 	Luck			Make, Create or Cause			7 golden ingots
Jux	Hit harm			Danger, Trap or Harm		5 harm scrolls
Kal	Hit fireball			Invoke				10 fireball scrolls
Lor	Night Sight		Light
Lum	Lower stat requirments	Humility
Malas	Hit poison area		Evil ( Paladin )
Mani	Bonus hits			Life or Healing			
Mu	Regen hits		Compassion				Troll's Blood (From Troll and Troll Slasher)
Nox	Resist posion bonus		Poison
Om	Regen mana		Spirituality
Ort	Bonus mana		Magic
Pas	Lower mana cost		After/Beyond
Por	Bonus dex			Move or Movement
Quas	Hit leech mana		Illusion
Ra	Defend chance		Valor
Rel	Self repair			Change
Sanct	Reflect physical		Protect or Protection
Sar	Inc. weapon damage		Pain
Summ	Cast recovery		Honor
Tym	Inc. weapon speed		Time
Um 	Cast speed		Shadow
Uus	Attack chance		Rise or Up
Vas	Bonus str			Great				7 strength scrolls
Wis	bonus int			Know/Knowledge
Xen	hit lightning		Creature				10 lightning scrolls
Ylem	Lower reg cost		Matter
Zu	Enhance potions		Sleep

A lot of them are scrolls that the scribe would be able to make him/herself anyway. Just a thought.

Obez

Wanderer
VindiKat;748230 said:
I was trying to think up logical things for added components that might be used:

Code:
Syllable		Effect		Meaning				Extra Component

Aglo	Durability Bonus		Armor				10 iron ingots
Ahm	Spell channeling		Honesty
An	Hit dispel			Negate or Dispel		10 dispel scrolls
Arma	Use best  weapon skill	Weapon or Arms ( Paladin )
Bal	Hit leech Stam		Evil
Beh	Regen stam		Justice		
Bet	Hit magic arrow		Small					5 Magic Arrow scrolls
Cah	Mage armor / weapon	Sacrifice				3 Arcane gems
Char	Hit lower defence		Part				5 curse scrolls
Corp	Inc. spell damage		Death
Del	Resist cold		Cold					3 white dragonscales
Des	Hit lower attack		Lower or Down
Dium	Resist physical bonus	Noble ( Paladin )			3 black dragonscales
Ex	Bonus stam		Freedom
Flam	Resist fire			Flame				3 red dragonscales
Flamus	Hit Fire Area		Fire ( Paladin )			Dragon tongue (from dragons)
Frio	Hit cold area		Cold ( Pre UO )				Wyrm Heart (from Wyrm and White Wyrm)
Furis	Hit energy area		Fury ( Paladin )
Gra	Hit leech hits		Drain/Leech or Siphon
Grav	Hit physical area		Field
Hur	Resist energy		Wind					3 blue dragonscales
In 	Luck			Make, Create or Cause			7 golden ingots
Jux	Hit harm			Danger, Trap or Harm		5 harm scrolls
Kal	Hit fireball			Invoke				10 fireball scrolls
Lor	Night Sight		Light
Lum	Lower stat requirments	Humility
Malas	Hit poison area		Evil ( Paladin )
Mani	Bonus hits			Life or Healing			
Mu	Regen hits		Compassion				Troll's Blood (From Troll and Troll Slasher)
Nox	Resist posion bonus		Poison
Om	Regen mana		Spirituality
Ort	Bonus mana		Magic
Pas	Lower mana cost		After/Beyond
Por	Bonus dex			Move or Movement
Quas	Hit leech mana		Illusion
Ra	Defend chance		Valor
Rel	Self repair			Change
Sanct	Reflect physical		Protect or Protection
Sar	Inc. weapon damage		Pain
Summ	Cast recovery		Honor
Tym	Inc. weapon speed		Time
Um 	Cast speed		Shadow
Uus	Attack chance		Rise or Up
Vas	Bonus str			Great				7 strength scrolls
Wis	bonus int			Know/Knowledge
Xen	hit lightning		Creature				10 lightning scrolls
Ylem	Lower reg cost		Matter
Zu	Enhance potions		Sleep

A lot of them are scrolls that the scribe would be able to make him/herself anyway. Just a thought.

hey thats pretty cool, i like the scrolls idea and more than a few of the other components u mentioned. regs do seem kinda boring now ill def play around with it a bit
thanks

Streblo

Wanderer
I really like this feature here, especially for the enhancement of weapons, something I always thought was lacking in UO. I do, however, have some problems with this, and being very new to scripting I am having a tough time resolving them myself.

1.) Is there a way to make a hard cap of one spell on an item? I like how you can apply multiple runes to an item and have their effects stack, but is there a way to make that effect not go above 50, or else have a 1% chance of success when trying to go over that?

2.) Some of the runes seem to add a lot of bang for the buck. Just a few runes and I had a hit fireball 50% weapon. Where can I edit the intensity range? I'd like to mainly use this script on my shard to enhance loot weapons that have, say, hit lightning 38%, to increase it to be in the 40's solidly, making it a more reliable weapon.

3.) Is there a way to alter % chance of success? I saw some things in your script that I *think* would do it, but I am afraid to alter too many numbers, and my shard takes 10 minutes to boot up, so testing through trial and error is a pain. If you could point me in the right direction it'd be helpful.

Again, this is an awesome script, but if I put it in it would create HUGE balance problems amongst the pvpers. Can't have insane weapons too easily accessible!

-Streblo, EternityUO

Obez

Wanderer
Streblo;755852 said:
I really like this feature here, especially for the enhancement of weapons, something I always thought was lacking in UO. I do, however, have some problems with this, and being very new to scripting I am having a tough time resolving them myself.

1.) Is there a way to make a hard cap of one spell on an item? I like how you can apply multiple runes to an item and have their effects stack, but is there a way to make that effect not go above 50, or else have a 1% chance of success when trying to go over that?

2.) Some of the runes seem to add a lot of bang for the buck. Just a few runes and I had a hit fireball 50% weapon. Where can I edit the intensity range? I'd like to mainly use this script on my shard to enhance loot weapons that have, say, hit lightning 38%, to increase it to be in the 40's solidly, making it a more reliable weapon.

3.) Is there a way to alter % chance of success? I saw some things in your script that I *think* would do it, but I am afraid to alter too many numbers, and my shard takes 10 minutes to boot up, so testing through trial and error is a pain. If you could point me in the right direction it'd be helpful.

Again, this is an awesome script, but if I put it in it would create HUGE balance problems amongst the pvpers. Can't have insane weapons too easily accessible!

-Streblo, EternityUO

well first i wana say thanks, i put alot of time and effort into making this, and im glad to see u like it.
but i have been getting alot of feedback saying its too easy to make weapons overpowering. I'v been working on making some kind of cap to try and fix this but its extremely tedious because i have to edit every rune individually.
if u wana manually add some kind of cap at 50% u could do something like this:
( example for the Kal rune)
Code:
		else if(Weapon.Attributes.HitFireball <= 50 )
SendMessage( "You cannot enhance that any further.");

u could try putting that right below the "You cannot enhance that in it's current location" line. but again u'll have to do that for every rune and can get annoying.

the intensity can be changed where it says 'int augment' or i'nt augmentper'
augmentper if used for runes that add a percent to the item.

and to answer ur last question, the sucess chance can be altered by changing the DestroyChance. its sort of a misnomer because it actually displays the chance of sucess. i think the version i have up here the chance is utility.random 5 or 10 (?) not sure. either way , the lower the number, the lower the chance of sucess.

it also says 'if ( DestroyChance > 0 ) // Success'

its like rolling dice each time u try to add a rune, only the chance includes rolling a 0. if DestroyChance is 5, u have a chance to roll 0 to 5 if u roll anything > 0 u suceed, if u roll a 0 u fail. so u can change both of these factors to increase or decrease the chance of sucess.

but once again u'll have to do this for every rune :/.
anyway,
hope this helps :)

Streblo

Wanderer
Awesome, thanks for the reply! I think this is enough info to get me started on it. Again, love the idea!

-Streblo

Nikoru

Squire
Question?

Obez;756289 said:
well first i wana say thanks, i put alot of time and effort into making this, and im glad to see u like it.
but i have been getting alot of feedback saying its too easy to make weapons overpowering. I'v been working on making some kind of cap to try and fix this but its extremely tedious because i have to edit every rune individually.
if u wana manually add some kind of cap at 50% u could do something like this:
( example for the Kal rune)
Code:
		else if(Weapon.Attributes.HitFireball <= 50 )
SendMessage( "You cannot enhance that any further.");

u could try putting that right below the "You cannot enhance that in it's current location" line. but again u'll have to do that for every rune and can get annoying.

the intensity can be changed where it says 'int augment' or i'nt augmentper'
augmentper if used for runes that add a percent to the item.

and to answer ur last question, the sucess chance can be altered by changing the DestroyChance. its sort of a misnomer because it actually displays the chance of sucess. i think the version i have up here the chance is utility.random 5 or 10 (?) not sure. either way , the lower the number, the lower the chance of sucess.

it also says 'if ( DestroyChance > 0 ) // Success'

its like rolling dice each time u try to add a rune, only the chance includes rolling a 0. if DestroyChance is 5, u have a chance to roll 0 to 5 if u roll anything > 0 u suceed, if u roll a 0 u fail. so u can change both of these factors to increase or decrease the chance of sucess.

but once again u'll have to do this for every rune :/.
anyway,
hope this helps :)

Has this thread been discountiued?. . I was really hoping to get the new system with the caps in place. I tried to put the cap in place like you said but i just got errors, can anyone help here? Thanks agian

sec_goat

Squire
Scribe Selling rune Chisel?

Hi,

I love this script so far, but it seems that after modifying the SBScribe.cs to add it to the sell list. the scribes are still not selling the item.

Any ideas on how I can trouble shoot this?

Thanks!

EDIT: oops, sorry this was a bit premature, I made the changes, but apparently I did not save the changes. I re added and will try to recompile now.