RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RunUO 1.0.0 FINAL - Mobiles do not attack back?

MajinKai

Traveler
'Ello! First topic of my time 'ere :D

So I've managed to get a hang of RunUO 1.0.0 (RunUO 2/2.1 is all glitchy for me, and RunUO 1 isn't, for some odd reason.), am able to get people to join and all that stuff, but here's my problem.

I spawn a mobile, I can attack it, but it wont attack back. What?

If anyone knows how I can make it so that when a mobile is attacked (Such as a cougar), it will attack the attacker! Much obliged.

Lichtblitz

Sorceror
That should have been the expected behavior already. There are a number of things that might have gone wrong.
You shouldn't use RunUO 1.0 if you can help it. Especially not the official version without any fixes - it can easily be crashed if you know what you're doing and it only supports clients below version 6 or so.

Lichtblitz

Sorceror
If you are on a staff character, mobs wont attack you. Try it on a player character.
But they are defending themselves even if attacked by the staff, aren't they? Except if the character is invulnerable but he couldn't have attacked the mobile then.

MajinKai

Traveler
If you are on a staff character, mobs wont attack you. Try it on a player character.
Aha! Got it! Thanks a bunch :D

And using RunUO 2/2.1 ...Eh, tried it. Everything spawned underground, teleporting didn't work. Put me underground too >_>
Might be because of a client issue, but I heard that RunUo 2.X doesn't support the High Seas exapnsion yet. So untill it does, I'm going to stay away from using it.

Unless ofcourse someone managed to get the HS expansion working.... :D