RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[RunUO 1.0] Alambik's ARMY: UO Age Of Empire !?

XenoNeo

Sorceror
Just make it use a control slot... Make it so you can have more controlled pets which I can't remember which script that is under but that should solve the issue...:D

Macil

Sorceror
XenoNeo;681266 said:
Just make it use a control slot... Make it so you can have more controlled pets which I can't remember which script that is under but that should solve the issue...:D

Someone should do something like this but where its like, how much fame you have determines how many members you can recruit. Like Respect for gang members in GTA. :D

XenoNeo

Sorceror
lol, nice.. I think there is an easy method for that because I used a method of experience made off of my level system to restrict fast traveling depending on your level but that all ties together as the same method.

Fixxxer

Sorceror
still lost

Those are all good ideas, however I still cant get the recuit button for players, Ive been looking it over for awhile now and Ive tried a few things but nothing seems to work to get the players to be able to recuit.

alambik

Sorceror
Dear Fixxxer,

A player cannot recruit NPC since else players would recruit dragons or anything that would loose the interest of army.

A GM must first create an army Item, recruit some NPC, then, give the army to the player by altering the "Owner" attribute of the army Item.

Thus, you can control how many army there are and how powerfull they can be.

BR,

Fixxxer

Sorceror
alambik;681558 said:
Dear Fixxxer,

A player cannot recruit NPC since else players would recruit dragons or anything that would loose the interest of army.

A GM must first create an army Item, recruit some NPC, then, give the army to the player by altering the "Owner" attribute of the army Item.

Thus, you can control how many army there are and how powerfull they can be.

BR,

I see how that would work, its just what I would need it for the players would have to be able to use it with limited recuiting possiblies. Thanks for the reply.

Macil

Sorceror
Oh man, I JUST got around to finally testing this out! I love this script! Excellent work!

However.:D

I hate to be greedy. But is there any *simple* way of making it so only certain things can be recruited? Like the fighter militia or something. That way players could use it too and I wouldn't have to worry about dragon armies popping up, as you put it.

Also maybe if there were a limit to how many things could be recruited that could also help with balancing this out?

In the mean time, I'm going to see what I can come up with, I'll post anything I can figure out if I at all can. =)

Again. Excellent job! +karma!

Lokai

Knight
@Alambik: I have a rewrite that is different enough that I was wondering if you wanted me to just post it here or start a new thread.

Basically, it uses the same set of commands and such, but here is a list of the changes:

1. I put most things in English. (I hope I got the translation right.)
2. I changed some of the buttons to LocalizedImageTiles, so that they would have cool pop-up help, so you can see what the buttons do before you press them.
3. I made it fully integrated with Nerun's Hireables. Now, in order to have someone Join the Army, you must first Hire them. I made it more expensive than before, due to the power of having an Army.
4. I made it so that people with Higher Fame would be able to have a larger size Army.
5. I altered the BaseHire script to meet the needs of this system.

Tru

Knight
Lokai;682751 said:
@Alambik: I have a rewrite that is different enough that I was wondering if you wanted me to just post it here or start a new thread.

Basically, it uses the same set of commands and such, but here is a list of the changes:

1. I put most things in English. (I hope I got the translation right.)
2. I changed some of the buttons to LocalizedImageTiles, so that they would have cool pop-up help, so you can see what the buttons do before you press them.
3. I made it fully integrated with Nerun's Hireables. Now, in order to have someone Join the Army, you must first Hire them. I made it more expensive than before, due to the power of having an Army.
4. I made it so that people with Higher Fame would be able to have a larger size Army.
5. I altered the BaseHire script to meet the needs of this system.

If you've changed it enough it deserves its own thread (for its own updates)

Actually can't wait to see your version.

Macil

Sorceror
Okay guys, I think the next logical step here is to make it so you can conquer territory. Why else create an army you know?

LordHogFred

Knight
Just go all out and have lets make player owned barracks were they can train their own troops and kit them out with the armour and weps their smith has made :p. And have castles which would have a throne to capture, kinda like king of the hill which cud be owned by players.
Would be cool to try and set up some kind of turn based system, that'd allow for some awesome large scale tactical battles :).

Tru

Knight
Macil;682876 said:
Okay guys, I think the next logical step here is to make it so you can conquer territory. Why else create an army you know?

Player Run Towns.........

Lokai

Knight
Tru;683064 said:
Player Run Towns.........

Tru,

Do you have time to devote to a large-scale scripting enterprise along these lines? I have some ideas I would like to discuss. PM me.

Tru

Knight
It would really be an addition of the Siege addons for the Government system. Go in with your army destroy everything (via seige addons and such) until the Mayor Surrenders then the town is either leveled (and looted) or the commanding officer of the victorious army can appoint a new Mayor, then they should automatically become allies and such...so you would have to declare war for it to be official.

Was also looking at someones "Evil Attacks" scripts as it would be nice to have an npc option as well.

Just a couple Ideas

zetamine

Sorceror
Amazing

All of your add on ideas are amazing, I've been anticipating these functions for over a year now. My problem is that my C# skills are practically non-existant.

I wish I knew a local school that taught C# courses.

Tru

Knight
Alambik I need a little help....I am almost finished combining a number of systems including this (this is actually what started me on the road...to this step) which will be the next phase of my Siege Addons.
Without going into a lot of detail in this thread I need to add a follow command to the AI (which is where I faulter). I already have this incorporated into the City system (adding a new building...Barricks) the soldier Im using will be rich in small features (using most of the original squire script) and are bunkable (able to be put to sleep in thier preselected beds) insuring they survive saves or for when you dont need them.

If you can or cant help will you please let me know so I can look into other options (or help).

Again I'd like to be able to put the troops on follow for extended marches in addition to targeting each step of the way for small excursions.

Thanks

SavageWolf

Wanderer
ummmi get this

i get this error

Code:
RunUO - [www.runuo.com] Version 2.0, Build 2959.20979
Core: Running on .NET Framework Version 2.0.50727
Core: Optimizing for 2 processors
Scripts: Compiling C# scripts...failed (1 errors, 1 warnings)
Warnings:
 + Customs/My Customs/castleassault/CastleAttackSpawn.cs:
    CS0162: Line 615: Unreachable code detected
    CS0162: Line 618: Unreachable code detected
    CS0162: Line 621: Unreachable code detected
    CS0162: Line 624: Unreachable code detected
Errors:
 + Customs/My Customs/Army [English]/ArmyController.cs:
    CS0246: Line 372: The type or namespace name 'ArmyGump' could not be found (
are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
    CS1502: Line 372: The best overloaded method match for 'Server.Mobile.SendGu
mp(Server.Gumps.Gump)' has some invalid arguments
    CS1503: Line 372: Argument '1': cannot convert from 'ArmyGump' to 'Server.Gu
mps.Gump'
    CS0246: Line 388: The type or namespace name 'ArmyGump' could not be found (
are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
Scripts: One or more scripts failed to compile or no script files were found.
 - Press return to exit, or R to try again.