RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[RunUO 1.0 Final] Enchanted Shovel Quest

kelhaynes

Wanderer
[RunUO 1.0 Final] Enchanted Shovel Quest

I threw this together the other day. Its my first quest, so be nice :D

Basically, The miners wife asks for help in retreiving 3 peices of a Magical Shovel from 3 different locations. She gives a magic box and when all 3 peices are joined, you must give the uncharged shovel to the Miners wife and you will recieve an Enchanted Shovel with 1million uses.

I suggest editing the Gump to set the locations. I have added 3 monsters to the Rarfile with the Items set to drop.

Any feedback would be cool!

Thanks to dreamrunner for the Arriana Quest, whic I based this on! :D

Attachments

• EnchantedShovelQuest.rar
    8.9 KB · Views: 464

kelhaynes

Wanderer
udontnome43 said:
wow my players love it, nice script

Thanks - I have a few more, that are quite similar (different rewards though) that when Ive tested them, I will post, so keep an eye out :)

error with gump

getting a gump error. here is the error message

Code:
RunUO - [www.runuo.com] Version 2.0, Build 2357.32527
Core: Running on .NET Framework Version 2.0.50727
Scripts: Compiling C# scripts...failed (1 errors, 0 warnings)
Errors:
 + custom pandora/Quests/EnchantedShovelQuest/Gumps/TherasaGump.cs:
    CS0246: Line 17: The type or namespace name 'CommandEventArgs' could not be
found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
Scripts: One or more scripts failed to compile or no script files were found.
 - Press return to exit, or R to try again.

And this is the pertinent code line

Code:
private static void TherasaGump_OnCommand( CommandEventArgs e )

here is the script for reference.

Code:
using System; 
using Server; 
using Server.Gumps; 
using Server.Network;
using Server.Items;
using Server.Mobiles;

namespace Server.Gumps
{ 
   public class TherasaGump : Gump 
   { 
      public static void Initialize() 
      { 
         Commands.Register( "TherasaGump", AccessLevel.GameMaster, new CommandEventHandler( TherasaGump_OnCommand ) ); 
      } 

private static void TherasaGump_OnCommand( CommandEventArgs e )
      { 
         e.Mobile.SendGump( new TherasaGump( e.Mobile ) ); 
      } 

public TherasaGump( Mobile owner ) : base( 50,50 ) 
      { 
//----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AddPage( 0 );
			AddImageTiled(  54, 33, 369, 400, 2624 );
			AddAlphaRegion( 54, 33, 369, 400 );

AddImageTiled( 416, 39, 44, 389, 203 );
//--------------------------------------Window size bar--------------------------------------------

AddImage( 97, 49, 9005 );
			AddImageTiled( 58, 39, 29, 390, 10460 );
			AddImageTiled( 412, 37, 31, 389, 10460 );
			AddLabel( 140, 60, 0x34, "The Enchanted Shovel" );

AddHtml( 107, 140, 300, 230, "<BODY>" +
//----------------------/----------------------------------------------/
"<BASEFONT COLOR=YELLOW>Therasa looks at you with hope in her eyes.<BR><BR>My late Husband was a miner, and his brother was a Mage.<BR>" +
"<BASEFONT COLOR=YELLOW>Quite a few years ago, they started work on a shovel that would not break, at least you would get a Million uses out of it before it did.<BR><BR>" +
"<BASEFONT COLOR=YELLOW>But my dear Husband was killed in a rock slide before his work was finished.<BR>" +
"<BASEFONT COLOR=YELLOW>I know that he had 3 peices on his corpse, but it was looted before I got to the scene.<BR><BR>I need to find these peices and finish my Husbands work.<BR>" +
"<BASEFONT COLOR=YELLOW>Will you help me finish my work? If you can find it in your heart, I will duplicate the shovel for you and charge it.<BR><BR>" +
"<BASEFONT COLOR=YELLOW>You must take this Magical Connection Box that my Brother in Law has made, this will re-join all the peices.<BR><BR>" +
"<BASEFONT COLOR=YELLOW>The first piece I know is somewhere around Skara Brae.<BR><BR> There are quite a few monsters there, so you will have to be brave and kill them all.<BR>The Second is somewhere in Ilshenar, Compassion I think...<BR><BR>" +
"<BASEFONT COLOR=YELLOW>The Third and Final piece can be found on an Island - I think there are Vampires there, so be careful.<BR><BR>" +
"<BASEFONT COLOR=YELLOW>Bring me back the shovel and I will be forever in your debt.<BR><BR>" +
						     "</BODY>", false, true);

//			<BASEFONT COLOR=#7B6D20>			

AddImage( 430, 9, 10441);
			AddImageTiled( 40, 38, 17, 391, 9263 );
			AddImage( 6, 25, 10421 );
			AddImage( 34, 12, 10420 );
			AddImageTiled( 94, 25, 342, 15, 10304 );
			AddImageTiled( 40, 427, 415, 16, 10304 );
			AddImage( -10, 314, 10402 );
			AddImage( 56, 150, 10411 );
			AddImage( 155, 120, 2103 );
			AddImage( 136, 84, 96 );

AddButton( 225, 390, 0xF7, 0xF8, 0, GumpButtonType.Reply, 0 ); 

//--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      } 

public override void OnResponse( NetState state, RelayInfo info ) //Function for GumpButtonType.Reply Buttons 
      { 
         Mobile from = state.Mobile; 

switch ( info.ButtonID ) 
         { 
            case 0: //Case uses the ActionIDs defenied above. Case 0 defenies the actions for the button with the action id 0 
            { 
               //Cancel 
               from.SendMessage( "please bring me back the shovel" );
               break; 
            } 

}
      }
   }
}

Vhaerun

Sorceror
I think this script is only RunUO 1.0 compatible. The gump code you posted would work for 1.0, but wouldn't work for 2.0. Do a search for errors on CommandEventArgs. You'll get a good lead on how to fix the script for 2.0 if you want.

kelhaynes

Wanderer
Yes, your problem is that this script was writtem for 1.0 - and I am still not familiar with 2.0, but if anyone fixes it up for 2.0 - feel free to post it ;D

XSlayerX

Wanderer
nice thanks bro, its little stuff like this that keeps shards going for ppl like me coz i cant script im learning but it takes time! but thanks and this is for all the other scriptors on here keep posting them. u guys are my idols!

Henry_R

Sorceror
enchanted shovel quest [RunUo 2.0 RC1]

AshleyWheeler;732537 said:
i was wondering if there was an updated version of this for 2.0

here ya go.... udated for [RunUO 2.0 RC1]

works for me

henry_r

Attachments

• EnchantedShovelQuest.rar
    8.9 KB · Views: 35