RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[RunUO 1.0 Final] Sorious' In-game Forums

Jeff

Lord
[RunUO 1.0 Final] Sorious' In-game Forums

Greeting,

Well for a long time now I have worked as a scripter on a server and have made many many many unique things and never really wanted to release them as they were there to make that server unique. Lately I have been working on things that I wanted to release to the public as more of a "here is my contribution" sort of thing. When I first started thinking about it, I wanting to release something that had not been done before or at least if it had been done, something very advanced of what had been done. After many attempts and frustrations I gave up and couldnt think of anything or had I thought of something after coding 50-70% of it I realized I didn't like it and wouldnt want to support it once it had been done. Well, the other day I had the idea that staff really needed a way to talk to each other ingame on my server(like a messege system of some sort). So I thought about it and basically thought, well I hate having to pause Uo to check something on the Forums, or leave a message for someone on the Forums, SO..... Why not create a Forum In-Game. Anyway thats what I did and here it is...

Update 1.3.6
-Fixed a null related crash bug.

Update 1.3.5
-Fixed a null related crash bug.

Update 1.3.4
-When someone adds to a thread it sorts to the top of the list like the forums here do.
-Some other small adjustments

Update 1.3.3
-Fixed a bug in the account management section.
-Added a Close button to the Thread Gump.
-Some other minor fixes

Update 1.3.2
-Fixed some potential crash bugs.

Update 1.3.1
-Fixed a crash bug.

Update 1.3.0
You will need to delete all data in /Data/Forums to use this version on. Sorry but i did state this was not ready for release on anything but a test server.
-Revamped alot of code, mostly to save memory, diskspace, and IO time. Everything is now saved in /Data/Forums/forumdata.sig. I will be implementing a system to backup/restore and export individual threads.
-Added a long post feature to the Post Gump. To use this simply enter a subject(if its a new post) click Long Post and start follow the directions.
-Added a player statistics tracking system. Thus far it includes post count and join date. Also coded in but not working as of yet is a rank system and the ability to add a signature.

Update 1.2.1
-Added ForumBulletinBoard. Just use [add ForumBulletinBoard to add this.

Update 1.2.0
-Custom UI for the administration stone. ( im tired of making gumps, you'll see why )
-Moderators added. They can only Lock and Delete threads at the moment.

Update 1.1.0
-Added a ForumAdminStone with serveral controls such as
-LockAccess: This sets the access level for locking threads
-DeleteAccess: This sets the access level for deleting threads
-MaxPostCharactersCount: This sets the max amount of characters in a post
-MinPostCharactersCount: This sets the min amount of characters in a post
-AutoCleanupDays: Amount of days needed to delete a inactive thread
-AutoCleanup: Active or inactive
-Added a ForumBook, will also make a ForumBoard in the future but its late right now :)
-You may now add Stickies, Announcements and the combination of those 2 with Staff messages.

Update 1.0.3
-Found out how to break line in html, no need for credits.txt now.

Update 1.0.2
-Added scrolling feature to the Threadview gump.
-Fixed a bug that could cause a crash.

Update 1.0.1
-Posts now resort to the top of the list after a new post has been added like a real forum
-Locked threads now show as a [X] icon on the post.
-If a thread is locked and a admin clicks it the Lock button will say Unlock.

Installation:
The installation is very simple.

1. Unzip the package, and extract it to somewhere in your Scripts folder.
2. Reboot server
3. Add the administration stone. Command - [add ForumAdminStone
3. Type [viewforums and your off.

Known Bugs:
Warning!! If you upgrade from versions 1.0.3 or less to versions 1.1.0 or higher all your posts will become stickies, You will need to delete them or wait till I can come up with a way to change them back. Sorry for the inconvinience.

Things to know:
I intend to add lots of things to it to make it as comperable to a real forum system you would see on the web. As of now you may post and all the administration properties such as Locking or Deleting thread is all managed based on your access level. If you are a staff member and you want to post to staff only, click new post and at the bottom right of the posting gump there will be a checkbox for staff only. If this is checked the thread will only show to staff members. This is great for new updates, change in rules and things of the sort.

The save directory for this is in /Data/Forums, if this directory does not exist it will create it, The save file for the threads is put here and each post is put in a folder by the characters name( if you get a few posts check /Data/Forums and you will understand ).

Planned Improvments:
1. Craftable Personal Forums
2. Ability to Ban/Unban accounts
3. Ability to unset stickies and announcements
4. More ideas please. :)

This package requires zero modifications to your distro of RunUO.

Attachments

• Forums 1.3.6.zip
    24.7 KB · Views: 483

psycomantis

Wanderer
simply awesome :D

i just installed this on my 2.0 server.. had to fix some standard conversion issues - but now it seems to work superb!

ill post here my changed version for others to save time!

but i have to add -> THIS IS Sorious' Script !
NO Credit goes to me! Changes are so minor they shouldnt even be mentioned!

thank you for this great Script Jeff!

Attachments

• Soriou'sIngameForums for 2.0.rar
    24 KB · Views: 281

flash2

Wanderer
Hello. First of all thanks for your work :) But I fear I found a bug in the Script. If i try to send a post with ' (don't know the english word, sorry), the server crashes...

Sorry, forgot the crash report (new to this forum...)

PHP:
Server Crash Report
===================

RunUO Version 2.0, Build 2357.32527
Operating System: Microsoft Windows NT 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2
.NET Framework: 2.0.50727.42
Time: 13.07.2006 17:30:45
Mobiles: 1784
Items: 56035
Clients:
- Count: 1
+ 10.38.0.15: (account = admin) (mobile = 0x92F 'Admin Flash')

Exception:
System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
Parameter name: index
   at System.Collections.ArrayList.get_Item(Int32 index)
   at Server.Forums.ForumGump.OnResponse(NetState sender, RelayInfo info)
   at Server.Mobile.CloseGump(Type type, Int32 buttonID, Boolean throwOnOffline)
   at Server.Mobile.CloseGump(Type type)
   at Server.Forums.PostGump.OnResponse(NetState sender, RelayInfo info)
   at Server.Network.PacketHandlers.DisplayGumpResponse(NetState state, PacketReader pvSrc)
   at Server.Network.MessagePump.HandleReceive(NetState ns)
   at Server.Network.MessagePump.Slice()
   at Server.Core.Main(String[] args)

crabby654

Wanderer
Ever think of making this for RunUO 2.0? and also it would be pretty bad ass if you could have a feature to link them to phpbb forums on your shards website.

Jeff

Lord
crabby654 said:
Ever think of making this for RunUO 2.0? and also it would be pretty bad ass if you could have a feature to link them to phpbb forums on your shards website.
Tbh thats not what i wanted...And as far as 2.0 goes someone already did that for me somewhere on these boards.

Tee312

Wanderer
crabby654 said:

This can already be done with the website stone..

buzzman81591

Sorceror
RunUO - [www.runuo.com] Version 2.0, Build 2357.32527
Core: Running on .NET Framework Version 2.0.50727
Scripts: Compiling C# scripts...failed (1 errors, 0 warnings)
Errors:
+ Customs/Ingame Forums/Main/ForumCore.cs:
CS0246: Line 103: The type or namespace name 'CommandEventArgs' could not
found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
Scripts: One or more scripts failed to compile or no script files were found.
- Press return to exit, or R to try again.

Not sure what to do here

Dreadfull

Sorceror
got this error when trying to type a post over a few hundred chars.

Code:
Time: 10/31/2006 3:48:30 AM
Mobiles: 3182
Items: 96805
Clients:
+ 127.0.0.1: (account = HellzKnight) (mobile = 0x2 'Darky')

Exception:
System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
   at Server.Forums.PostGump.Post()
   at Server.Forums.PostGump.LongPostLinesPrompt.OnCancel(Mobile from)
   at Server.Network.PacketHandlers.UnicodePromptResponse(NetState state, PacketReader pvSrc)

djkee

Wanderer
Lol

This is the best script i have even seen :D I mean i didnt even imagine that something like that can be done but i posted a big message and my server crashed :( i am suing run 2.0 and i downloaded the 2.0 version of the forum.
If anyone have a solution that would be great :D I Love this script.
Here is the log:

Code:
Server Crash Report
===================

Time: 11/12/2007 10:18:05 PM
Mobiles: 2765
Items: 101393
Clients:
+ 192.168.1.101: (account = admin) (mobile = 0x2 'Krasi')

Exception:
   at Server.Forums.PostGump.OnResponse(NetState sender, RelayInfo info)
   at Knives.TownHouses.GumpResponse.DisplayGumpResponse(NetState state, PacketReader pvSrc)

Thank you

Jeff

Lord
Dreadfull;723731 said:
still looking for a method to increase posting size on the ingame forums.

As I've gone over this before, you cant, its impossible, its a limitation with the client. end of story.

I have been wondering something though.

Did this ever end up working stable and relatively bug free other than post limitations?

It has been a long time since I checked this out but I could have sworn there was something other than the post limitation that kept this from being used on a large scale. I could be wrong so if I am please let me know.

Also can this run on 2.0 as is I haven't tried it since the last time I used it back on 1.0 but I remember it was pretty cool and I would probably use it again if the only real bug is the client limiting post size.

akkers

Sorceror
i know this thread is very old but, wow great script! BONUS it even works with svn! ... its good considering teamspeak wont work for me, now heres something in game which is what i wanted argh! great! well done! (anyone who plans to use it on svn use edited version to work with runuo 2)