RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[RunUO 2.0.0RC2] Admins as players (or vice versa) - free usage of [admin?

Keiseth

Wanderer
[RunUO 2.0.0RC2] Admins as players (or vice versa) - free usage of [admin?

I apologize if this has been asked. I've searched for about two days now on this forum so I assume the answer is buried in some lightless place, or I'm just thick.

I think I'm going about this the wrong way, for my results are mixed. I want the average character (with "player" accesslevel) to be capable of using all commands, or at the very least have full access to [admin, so they can change their access level back and fourth from player and owner/admin.

I changed AdminGump.cs - But I haven't looked into the code enough so all I managed to do was make the gump *open* for player characters. It closes whenever they choose an option.

The reasoning behind this is that I want to have player characters have full power over the server and still be attacked by monsters and the like, have to pay for items and so on. Specifically, for myself, for debugging and entertainment purposes.

This shouldn't be as hard as I'm making it. =\

Morxeton

Sorceror
I can't seem to grasp the concept of allowing all players to have full admin capabilities...

But, to do what you want with allowing admins to be attacked by monsters, edit your BaseAI.cs script located in Scripts\Engines\AI\AI and find the AcquireFocusMob method.

Simply remove this part of the code:
Code:
					// Staff members cannot be targeted.
					if ( m.AccessLevel > AccessLevel.Player )
						continue;
Now everyone with an AccessLevel equal to or greater than player can be attacked. But making all players admins would be completely pointless and not a very good idea, here's a few reasons why:

[set blessed true <target self>
[set hits 100 <target self>
[kill
[rez
[kick
[ban

Those are just to name a few... the list goes on.

Keiseth

Wanderer
Ah yes! That should work nicely. Thank you very much. The reasoning behind it was that the only people connecting to the shard while this is enabled are the sort that should be admins, anyway, but allowing them to function as players as well would let me/us test certain features and the like. Adjusting their skills dynamically to test them against certain groups of enemies, for instance.

Thanks!

Sythen

Sorceror
This Would Work Even Better...

Instead of doing something that will really screw with your server why not use an item like this ring.. that turns admin into players and vice versa... that way you can still make whoever you want admin, and if they want to be players they can be players too.

For my own little personal edge I took 2 scripts to make this 1 script.

the Neruns staff ring and the Staff Orb....

You can not only change player access level with this ring from admin to player and vice versa, but you can also mark a location and teleport back to it whenever you want.

Hope this is a better deal for you than editing the script.

Attachments

• RingOfShadows.cs
    5 KB · Views: 21

Keiseth

Wanderer
Oh. That's just what I was looking for! I never thought about making an item. That's really clever... thanks a lot!

EDIT: Perfect! This is even better then I had hoped.