RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[RunUO 2.0 RC1/2 & SVN] paid & free universal dye tubs

eusounoob

Wanderer
[RunUO 2.0 RC1/2 & SVN] paid & free universal dye tubs

Universal Dye Tubs

This script is a type of universal dye tub, separated in paid & free types. Basically, it can be used on: Pets, Items and player's backpack.
Instructions about how to customise the dye tubs comes on the top of the two scripts, you can change prices and what kind of things the dye tub can dye.
Post here for bugs or additional help/instructions.
Enjoy it :)

Attachments

• PaidUniversalDyeTub.cs
    6.5 KB · Views: 419
  • FreeUniversalDyeTub.cs
    3.6 KB · Views: 439

Erucid

Sorceror
I love this Paid Tub script. It helps players individualize and role play. And it is a nice gold sink as well. I can't figure out how players set the color on the tub. Or does the GM need to set up 1 tub for every color?

nikkor1132

Sorceror
I love this Paid Tub script. It helps players individualize and role play. And it is a nice gold sink as well. I can't figure out how players set the color on the tub. Or does the GM need to set up 1 tub for every color?

The Gm Needs To An-less You Make A Gump Like I Did For The Tub.

Pure Insanity

Sorceror
Just an idea for this, to make it easy for players to re-hue the dye tub to something. Could make it free or charge, it would be up to you. Just add to the else check where it will fail if the item is not in their backpack. You may need to do a little more rewriting then just that. But it should work just fine for changing the hue of the dye tub. You could also add restrictions to not allow them to change it to certain colors. ;)

Erucid

Sorceror
The Gm Needs To An-less You Make A Gump Like I Did For The Tub.
What I ended up doing is adding random hue to the script. And then putting 3 tubs on an xmlspawner. The spawn is set to respawn every 2 minutes. So in 2 minutes you get 3 more random colors to choose from. :)

nikkor1132

Sorceror
What I ended up doing is adding random hue to the script. And then putting 3 tubs on an xmlspawner. The spawn is set to respawn every 2 minutes. So in 2 minutes you get 3 more random colors to choose from. :)

If you would like i can give you my script that i have made to help you out.

nikkor1132

Sorceror

I Was Browsing Runuo And Found This It May Help You http://www.runuo.com/community/threads/runuo-2-0-rc1-crazy-morphing-dyetub.75364/ Looks Like What You Want

BlazeX

Sorceror
i dont think its taking the gold from the bank when im using them ? not sure why... anyone else have this issue

jamesreg

Sorceror
I keep having this error

Code:
 + Customs/AAA/Dyes and Paint/Dye Tubs/universal tubs/FreeUniversalDyeTub.cs:
    CS0103: Line 25: The name 'z' does not exist in the current context
    CS0103: Line 27: The name 'z' does not exist in the current context
    CS0103: Line 29: The name 'z' does not exist in the current context
    CS0103: Line 39: The name 'z' does not exist in the current context

I keep having this error

Code:
 + Customs/AAA/Dyes and Paint/Dye Tubs/universal tubs/FreeUniversalDyeTub.cs:
    CS0103: Line 25: The name 'z' does not exist in the current context
    CS0103: Line 27: The name 'z' does not exist in the current context
    CS0103: Line 29: The name 'z' does not exist in the current context
    CS0103: Line 39: The name 'z' does not exist in the current context

Yeah I keep getting the same compile error on the Free one. The Paid compiles fine. Looks to be the same scripts with lines put in for charging fees. I'm going to dig up my old one from my test shard and see if I can adapt it. You just need to buy any dye and have it in your pack then the gump pops up with all the hues. Even the neon. I'll post it if I can learn all the new coding. I've been gone for close to 8 years. Rusty as hell on all this.

bazspeed

Sorceror
Found the problem.

Find if
(target is BaseContainer)

and Directly above that place:
BaseContainer z = target as BaseContainer;

Its working fine on mine now.

However, how do you choose colours?

bazspeed

Sorceror
Comeon peeps. There has to be a way to use dyes on these tubs. I like them. an idea for them would be to have the paid ones being able to be bought at vendors by players, and free ones that can be used by players who purchase them from the DLC store.

bazspeed

Sorceror
There must be a way to change the colour of the dye in the tubs using some colorpicker. I dont care how as long as a player can do it. Any ideas guys?

I grabbed the CyclingDyeTub for now and happy with that one as I set up my shard. After I finish modding the Druid setup I am working on (incorporating everything Druid I can find for a custom system) I plan on tackling those two tubs with the little C# I find I am remembering. If no one posts the fixes on those for playerbase use I will (or should) post in two or three days unless the real world interferes. No guarantee when but if no one else gets to them I should.

Try to look at every tub script you have and the answer will be right there for you. I remember doing a crap load of tubs for the shard decorators and never could understand why they didn't want just one. I unfortunately can't find my old script for my Test Shard I had and finding I am lucky I have what I do after Katrina.

They aren't hard...they just aren't easy.

bazspeed

Sorceror
I have looked at the other tubs but cant find the commands to allow to dye the universal. I have tried several different ways but with no joy.