RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[RunUO 2.0 RC1] Avenging Angel Quest

Rosey1

Wanderer
Avenging Angel Quest

Updated 8/7/06: Added a Zip for 1.0. It compiles, haven't really tested it in 1.0. :eek:

This quest is based a little bit on the movie "The Crow".

You first talk to the Fallen Warrior who asks you to avenge his death and to finish the quest he had begun. He began the quest in order to prove to Penthesilea's father that he was worthy to marry her.
On his way, he got murdered by the evil Khashina and her crew. Penthesilea tried to resurrect her beloved but she didn't know that Khashina cast a spell on his body and her soul got ensnared and she is a prisoner.

If you say yes, you must find her father in Britain, a nobleman, and talk to him. He will direct you through each step of the quest, giving your monster after monster to kill until you have killed Kashina.

Along the way you will receive broken pieces of armor. When you are done, you go back to the Fallen Warrior who is overjoyed that you have avenged his death that he takes his broken armor that you have found and transforms it to gleaming new pieces. He also gives you a restoration scroll that you must bring back to Charles, Penthesilea's dad. The scroll will lift the spell cast on her and everyone is happy.

Installation:
Place in your custom's folder and restart.

Placement of mobiles:

- Charles: in Britain somewhere. I put him around 1546 1683 30. It's a house that is pretty big for a noble family.
- Fallen Warrior: anywhere you want.

The bad guys (this is where I put them)
- Khashina: Tokuno 1233 762 43 with elite ninja's at the bottom of the building.
- Ukyo: 1802 1058 0 (Tram)
- Fuma: 1444 905 0 (Tram)
- Calisto: 4028 435 3 (Tram)
- Pteros: 1392 413 -85 (Malas)
- Yinko: 979 726 -40 (Tram)
- Stephanos: 5903 2322 26 (Tram)

Notes:
- There shouldn't be anyway for someone to cheat and get an item from someone and skip ahead.
- If you change the locations of the monsters and Charles, you will have to edit the gumps of the clues and reflect the new locations. If you move Charles, you will have to edit Pentilisea.cs and move her coordinates closer to Charles and you will have to edit the fallenwarriorgump.cs to change the "Charles of Britain".
- If you are not on the quest, killing the bad guys will not give you the broken armor.

Thank you for helping me with the scripts when I needed help: arul, daat99, Joeku, Lord_Greywolf, Phantom, Spooky, and Uhhhh.
Thank you to LostSinner and Darkness_PR for your scripts, I have learnt a lot.
Thank you to my husband who came up with the actual idea and story line :)

Attachments

• avengingangel.zip
    70.8 KB · Views: 474
  • AvengingAngel1.0.zip
    70.8 KB · Views: 268

Joeku

Lord
Sounds cool!

If/When you are planning on upgrading this, I suggest that you use account tags or a hash table or a dictionary to store who has already completed the quest, so they can't do it more than once. If you need help on this, just IM or E-mail me.

And, another thing that would be cool is if you made it so that if they had any outside help on the monster (from other people or their pets), it didn't count and they had to re-do the monster.

***EDIT***
DAMN... 70kb compressed with no distros!

Rosey1

Wanderer
well i could put an account tag but i opted not to. Should there be one? Probably should though on second thought. Make them earn their armor ;)
I'll add the account tags soon then.

As for the pets, I let it count but it won't (shouldnt count) if someone else kills it. The monster contracts from darkness_pr were like that. It sure would make it harder if we didn't let the pets count.

Joeku

Lord
No no, your own pets is fine. But someone else's pet wouldn't be good.

And, just to let you know, you don't only have to check to see who the loot master is. As long as someone does <=49% of the damage, they are not going to be the loot master. You can scan all of the damage entries in the monster and check to see if they have anything that is not the person or is not owned by the person.

And, finally, putting an account tag would limit it to one set of armor per account (actually that's better than one per person). If you wanted one per person, you could make the tag contain a serial and just cast it and check to see if it's said mobile's serial... but.. yeah.

Rosey1

Wanderer
ok that's true.

I think with the controled pet check, we should be good but I'll have to test that part.

Rosey1

Wanderer
Updated, added a Zip for 1.0. It compiles but I haven't really tested in 1.0 but I'm assuming it works :eek:

PhoenixDIE

Wanderer
probly a stuped question but why does is say Charles is at -30? when i go to that location it puts me UNDER the house in black!? plz help? im new to adding quest to the shard!