RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[RunUO 2.0 RC1] Cleric Spells

slithers

Sorceror
Cleric Spells

Here are the 2.0 compliant cleric spells originally made ( i think ) by theoutkastdev and a macrocommandlist by ( i think ) darknesspr. included in the archive is the installation instructions which require only minor additions to the baseweapon.cs file.

all credit belongs to the two mentioned above. i have not changed the functionality of the spells from the original authors intention so if you feel something is too weak or too powerful edit as you see fit.

Attachments

• clerictosubmitt.zip
    19.8 KB · Views: 1,543

Tru

Knight
Could you tell me/us what you edited to make the Cleric Spells compliant for 2.0.
I'm just curious, I've been using the cleric spells as they were written (and I havent had any issues).
But hey if theres one in the works I wanna know about it.

Trinexx56

Wanderer
Oh wow, I had seen this on a shard before, and wondered where they got it (since they never scripted anything themselves -_-)

EDIT: hmmm, maybe I'm noobish or blind, but where is the body value changed at in the AngelicFaith script?

Tru

Knight
Trinexx56 said:
Oh wow, I had seen this on a shard before, and wondered where they got it (since they never scripted anything themselves -_-)

EDIT: hmmm, maybe I'm noobish or blind, but where is the body value changed at in the AngelicFaith script?
Line 142
Code:
Caster.BodyMod = 123;

Trinexx56

Wanderer
Ah, thought so, but wasnt sure. I dont like messing with things I dont understand on an active shard :/

(really need a sandbox)

slithers

Sorceror
Tru said:
Could you tell me/us what you edited to make the Cleric Spells compliant for 2.0.
I'm just curious, I've been using the cleric spells as they were written (and I havent had any issues).
But hey if theres one in the works I wanna know about it.

the script package i updated had a macro command system so i had to update that small portion, as well i was having crashes with the banishevil spell so i changed that a tiny bit, but for the most part your right the core spells didnt require any other changes.

and for the record i use a rev 66 compile. LN wasn't having the banishevil crash i was but it was the only one i had the crash with. had something to do with the slayername portion. i found a fix but haven't figured out yet why it was broke or why it fixed it lol.

EDIT I have already done the same with the druid spells, didnt require many changes either and i have the ultima vii spells reworked as well. as i recall they didn't require much either.

Χååç

Wanderer
Nice script - Quick Question

This is a nice script i'm using it on a UO : R server for me and my friends but the only way for them to get Piety is if I charge them money and for me to set their tithing points, is there a way to make a script on an ankh for UO : R to use tithing points? If not i'll just have to keep it the way I'm doing it besides, only 6 people play on my shard, excluding me :D But if you are able to make an ankh for UO : R that supports tithing that would be a great help:)

Top Dog

Wanderer
Big Question

Ive got this loaded without a hitch but I think Im missing something here.

How do the players use this, theirs no spell book for the spells nor any scrolls, I can't find any cleric scrolls / books by doing a ingame add search.

I think Im overlooking alot here, a little guidance would be great.

Thanks,
:D

Avelyn

Sorceror
Top Dog said:

How do the players use this, theirs no spell book for the spells nor any scrolls, I can't find any cleric scrolls / books by doing a ingame add search.

Thanks,

Used to be something you say... "I invoke thee" or something.

Ruined1

Wanderer
Top Dog said:

Thanks,

Search the scripts man. If you are pretty decent with C# then you will find it =)

I dont have time to look or i would and tell you sry man. Working on my own script as i type this (multitasking ? )

Darktanion

Wanderer
to use these spells a player must have piety
piety is just another name for tithingpoints
so a player must go to a shrine and donate gold for tithingpoints

then to cast a player simply says

i pray to the gods

just what i gathered from what the cough um Directions in the folder told you if you read it........ hahaha

Top Dog

Wanderer
Thanks for Reply

I understand the instructions very well I was just asking if theirs was a book involved with this script I missed or something along that lines because other wise how does a player know which spells are out their for them to use.

Im sorry if I didnt make self clear enough but that was my question is their a book for the spells.

Thanks Again
:cool:

Change 21, Found what I was looking for and it helps If your Admin has tithins loaded on his character in game (Geeezzzzz) the simple stuff will kill you every time.

Avelyn

Sorceror
Top Dog said:
I understand the instructions very well I was just asking if theirs was a book involved with this script I missed or something along that lines because other wise how does a player know which spells are out their for them to use.

Im sorry if I didnt make self clear enough but that was my question is their a book for the spells.

Thanks Again
:cool:

When you say the phrase you get a spell menu gump. I did script a book for this system as well I can post if people want it.

slithers

Sorceror
sorry i havent answered these posts but i just moved and am unpacking now.

thanks to all those that provided answers to the questions.

for the book no this system does not use a book as packaged as i kept the system as originally written.

however if you wish to submit your book for the system please feel free to do so.

thanks for the words but i didnt do much but change a couple lines.

slithers

Zaknafrien

Wanderer
Sweet dude, im using for my clerics in my new server and youve given me my idea so i can write my own spells for my other mage classes, thanks alot and if i ever write them ill post em and thank ya :p

for the guy above me -- look inside the script of the smite spell and locate the damage calculations and change them to your uses

Aldaric

Wanderer
Avelyn;582665 said:
When you say the phrase you get a spell menu gump. I did script a book for this system as well I can post if people want it.

Yes please. I think I would prefer my players having a prayer book if you could post it.

Tru

Knight
This is an updated version for SVN 187 this does not have installation instructions.
I'm only using this thread so I don't start a new one for the same exact script.

I DID NOT WRITE THIS!! I only updated it for SVN 187!!

Attachments

• Cleric Spells 2 0 svn 187.rar
    18.9 KB · Views: 182

Varkasal

Sorceror
Tru;700991 said:
This is an updated version for SVN 187 this does not have installation instructions.
I'm only using this thread so I don't start a new one for the same exact script.

I DID NOT WRITE THIS!! I only updated it for SVN 187!!

this is also a diferent system which uses karma to decide wether the gods listen to you or not ....