RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[RunUO 2.0 RC1] Console Commands!

[RunUO 2.0 RC1] Console Commands!

Console Commands
Current Version 2.0​
NOTE: This will not work on RunUO 1.0

Introduction
Console Commands (CC for short) will allow you to type predetermined commands straight into the console!

Version History:
v1.2 - 2.0
Renaming of some commands, various "Performance Enhancement" fixes; ban, kick, and pages commands added; Fixed speech nul error message.
v1.1 -1.2
Various "Performance Enhancement" fixes. New command, restart nosave, added.
v1.0 - 1.1
Fixed speech nul crash

Commands
  • save Typing this command will save the server.
  • shutdown Typing this command will save and shutdown the server.
  • shutdown nosave Typing this command will shutdown the server without saving.
  • restart Typing this command will save, shutdown the server, then start it.
  • restart nosave Typing this command will shutdown the server, and start it.
  • online Typing this command will show a list of online players.
    Code:
    - Account: retardedhobo, Name: sss, IP: 127.0.0.1
    - Account: retardedhobo1, Name: sdfsdtresres, IP: 127.0.0.1
  • bc Typing this command along with a message, will broadcast that message to all the players on the server.
    Code:
    bc hello everyone,im using CC!
    Players will see:  hello everyone,im using cc!
  • sc Typing this command along with a message, will broadcast that message to all the staff on the server.
    Code:
    sc hello staff, im using cc!
    Staff will see: sc hello , im using cc!
  • hear Typing this command will Enable/Disable everything the players say being shown on the console.
    Code:
    hear
    Now sending all speech to the console.
    sss (Yew): the admin can hear me on the console!
  • pages Typing this command will bring up all pages in queue, and allow you to answer them.
    Code:
    pages
    --------------Page Number: 0 --------------------
    Player   :TEstPlayer
    Catagory :Other
    Message  :Can i have some gold?
    Type the number of the page to respond to.
    Type your response
    We do not give out free stuff.
    Message Sent...
  • ban <playername> Typing this command along with the mobile name, will ban and kick that player.
    Code:
    ban sdfsdtresres
    Mobile name: 'sdfsdtresres' Account name: 'retardedhobo1'
    Banning complete.
  • kick <player name> Typing this command along with the mobile name, will kick that player.
    Code:
    kick sdfsdtresres
    Mobile name: 'sdfsdtresres' Account name: 'retardedhobo1'
    Kicking complete.
  • list or help Typing this command will bring up a list of commands much like this one.

Installation
Drop 'n Go!

I accept all versions of input regarding this script! :)

Attachments

• CC2.0.cs
    13.9 KB · Views: 1,065
These two scripts are optional, and can be ran without having Console Commands in place.
Optional Scripts

TalkConsole.cs - This script will allow a staff member( Seer or above, can change in script) to send a message to the console.
Code:
[tc We have a problem, get on!
Console:
Code:
Message from 'TEstPlayer': We have a problem, get on!

PlayerConsoleLogin.cs - This will alert you when a new player has logged on.( Works on 1.0 and 2.0 )
Code:
Client: 127.0.0.1: Connected. [1 Online]
Login: 127.0.0.1: Valid credentials for 'retardedhobo'
Login: 127.0.0.1: Account 'retardedhobo' at character list
[COLOR="Red"]Login: 127.0.0.1: Account 'retardedhobo', Has logged in with character 'Testplayer'[/COLOR]

To install either of the two scripts, just place inside the Scripts (or any folder inside Scripts) and restart the server

Attachments

• TalkConsole.cs
    525 bytes · Views: 253
  • PlayerConsoleLogin.cs
    705 bytes · Views: 240

Evil Jason

Sorceror
Cool System! but...

I turned on the hear command and whenever the owner or admin speaks i got this error

Code:
07/12-14:16 Error Code: C100 : Error: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at Server.Misc.ServerConsole.OnSpeech(SpeechEventArgs args)

Then i started getting it when anyone talked.

~Evil Jason

this sounds great !!!!

but i do have 1 suggestion:

TalkConsole.cs - This script will allow a staff member( Seer or above, can change in script) to send a message to the console.

Code:
[tc We have a problem, get on!

to have an optional Buzz or loud ding or something so that way they are notified that something was sent that way

and maybe even make the task bar button fro it blink also

because if not right there to see it - after a save and a few players getting on and off, etc, will be off the screen

just willl help to make sure the message gets scene :)

Evil Jason

Sorceror
i had the last version but replaced it with this one.

I have only used the 2.0 compatible ones, and i have not alterred them in any way.

No hearall scripts installed either.

I have no idea where there could be a conflict.

***EDIT***
Ok, um... this morning after posting the above lines and having done NOTHING to change the script from what you had posted.... I decided to try again to see more of the error, and now it works.

I'm not even going to ask myself why.

~Evil Jason

I don't own a shard thus I won't be using this. But just from the description... uhm... this script sounds pwnage. changes the way commands are used. Very impressive.

Thanks for the words everyone, i have been trying to put in the suggestions, but just havnt had time. Well see what happens..

Thx Storm33229, Stilgar, Evil Jason , and Lord_Greywolf for the kind feedback on 2.0! :)

P.S. Thank you whoever voted 5 stars on it!

Tiamat13

Sorceror
Code:
Console.Beep();

That should do what Lord_Greywolf Suggested, Its new to Net Frame v2.0 so don't try to use it on anything but RunUO v2.0 or newer.