RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[RunUO 2.0 RC1] Daat99 OWLTR Update for 2.0 w/caveat

FosterCoxx

Wanderer
ANy help

Errors:
+ Custom/Daat99OWLTR/Mule.cs:
CS0115: Line 84: 'Server.Mobiles.Mule.OnBeforeTame()': no suitable method fo
und to override

Kryptstalker

Wanderer
Trash 4 Tokens Backpack error

hiya, i am fairly new to the 2.0 server, i get errors when downloading off this website, all zip files are corrupted, and orbsydia is down. I went and got a copy of daat99owltr v2.93, i am getting an error in the script for the trash4tokens backpack, error is as follows:-

+ Custom/Tokens/Safe Trash 4 Tokens Backpack.cs:
CS0115: Line 26: 'Server.Items.Trash4TokensBackpack.CanStore(Server.Mobile)': no suitable method found to override

the section of script the error is referring to is

public override bool CanStore( Mobile m )
{
return true;
}

I am sorry if this is a double post, but i did several searches over this error and couldnt find anything

AlphaDragon

Sorceror
andrewd;693487 said:
her eis the alkemist kit it works but when i add the new potions they just disapear they dont get counted into the kit but the empty bottles do any ideas what im doing wrong here

I just tried and still having same issue...

Also when you try to add more then 1 at a time.

slamel360

Wanderer
ok im sure this issue has been answered somewhere in this thread but im not going threw the 13+ pages to find it so if anyone could just answer me this quick question that would be great i downloaded this and replaced the files in my Runuo folder and i got 4 errors one i fixed by removing old file but the 3 i dont get i put up a screen shot of it and maybe someone can tell me what i did wrong!:confused::confused:

View attachment 18196

Attachments

• uoissue2.png
    uoissue2.png
    32.7 KB · Views: 26

Devinc07

Sorceror
ok i have been searching and searching and trying to figure out on my own how to get the results i want but i can't. Please understand this is my last resort to post because i couldn't find anything. There are two questions i have. 1st. How can i add a specific crafting and resource recipe in a script such as in charactercreation.cs PackItem( new craftingrecipe( ) ); how would i write it so that its a specific crafting recipe for say leather chest or leather arms. PackItem( new resourcerecipe( ) ); how can i write that to be fore a specific resource such as copper or bronze.

2nd and the more difficult i believe but this what i am truely wanting to achieve. How can i set it so new players start out knowing specific crafts and resources. What i am wanting is when a new player is created the player automatically starts out knowing how to craft leather arms leather chest leather legs and studded leather arms chest and legs. I want to set it so players can also use more than just iron and normal leather. So they can use Iron, dull copper, shadow iron, copper and bronze for blacksmith and normal leather, spined leather, and barbed leather. That way players can have crafts to train on to get the skills up starting out. if someone could please help me do this i would greately appreciate it

Lokai

Knight
Devinc07;838946 said:
ok i have been searching and searching and trying to figure out on my own how to get the results i want but i can't. Please understand this is my last resort to post because i couldn't find anything. There are two questions i have. 1st. How can i add a specific crafting and resource recipe in a script such as in charactercreation.cs PackItem( new craftingrecipe( ) ); how would i write it so that its a specific crafting recipe for say leather chest or leather arms. PackItem( new resourcerecipe( ) ); how can i write that to be fore a specific resource such as copper or bronze.

2nd and the more difficult i believe but this what i am truely wanting to achieve. How can i set it so new players start out knowing specific crafts and resources. What i am wanting is when a new player is created the player automatically starts out knowing how to craft leather arms leather chest leather legs and studded leather arms chest and legs. I want to set it so players can also use more than just iron and normal leather. So they can use Iron, dull copper, shadow iron, copper and bronze for blacksmith and normal leather, spined leather, and barbed leather. That way players can have crafts to train on to get the skills up starting out. if someone could please help me do this i would greately appreciate it

Try this. In CharacterCreation.cs, after this:

PHP:
            args.Mobile = newChar;
            m_Mobile = newChar;
add something like this (you can change the items to whatever you like):

PHP:
            Type[] myTypes = new Type[]{typeof(LeatherArms), typeof(LeatherLegs),
                typeof(LeatherGloves), typeof(LeatherChest), typeof(StuddedLegs),
               typeof(StuddedArms), typeof(StuddedChest), typeof(StuddedGloves)};

CraftingRecipe recipe;
            for (int i = 0; i < myTypes.Length; i++)
            {
                recipe = new CraftingRecipe();
                recipe.Recipe = myTypes[i];
                newChar.AddToBackpack(recipe);
            }
This will add the recipes to their pack. I would recommend doing it this way, rather than having them already know the recipes, since you might run into null references doing it that way, since these are players who have not finished going through all of the 'CharacterCreated' Events yet.

Devinc07

Sorceror
ok thank you so much for your help i am trying it now. and if i wanted to add more such as ringmail and chainmail i would just put those in the same way as the leather and studded leather? for example typeof(ChainChest), typeof(ChainCoif), ect ect ect for each recipe i wanted them to to have in the pack on creation? thank you for your help i appreciate it so much. I will let you know how it goes once i finish and test it. Thank you again

Edit: ok i finished with adding all of the crafts i want players to start out knowing. i recieved two errors when compiling.

Edit: ok errors are fixed just simple mistakes in coding. now it compiles perfectly but when a new player is created the player doesn't have the crafting recipe or recipes in his pack or bank. I have looked everywhere and i know it says to add the recipe to the new players backpack. Edit: Ok now the crafting recipies are created in the players pack. Is there any way to have it just create one recipe with all of the types of crafts i want them to learn because the players backpack is really full with tons of seperate scrolls. I just want players to be able to double click one scroll and it teach them all of the crafts i have set. there are a lot.

Type[] myTypes = new Type[]{typeof(LeatherArms), typeof(LeatherLegs), typeof(LeatherGloves), typeof(LeatherChest), typeof(LeatherCap), typeof(StuddedLegs), typeof(StuddedArms), typeof(StuddedChest), typeof(StuddedGloves), typeof(FemaleStuddedChest), typeof(LeatherShorts), typeof(FemaleLeatherChest), typeof(ChainChest), typeof(ChainLegs), typeof(ChainCoif), typeof(Buckler), typeof(BronzeShield), typeof(HeaterShield), typeof(Dagger), typeof(VikingSword), typeof(Axe), typeof(LargeBattleAxe), typeof(Halberd), typeof(Mace), typeof(Maul), typeof(Scepter), typeof(BarrelStaves), typeof(BarrelLid), typeof(Tambourine), typeof(DartBoardSouthDeed), typeof(DartBoardEastDeed), typeof(Kindling), typeof(Shaft), typeof(Bolt), typeof(Arrow), typeof(Bow), typeof(RefreshPotion), typeof(AgilityPotion), typeof(LesserHealPotion), typeof(LesserCurePotion), typeof(StrengthPotion), typeof(ReactiveArmorScroll), typeof(CureScroll), typeof(HealScroll), typeof(BlessScroll), typeof(TeleportScroll), typeof(CurseScroll), typeof(SummonCreatureScroll), typeof(CurseWeaponScroll), typeof(BodySash), typeof(Cap), typeof(Bandana), typeof(SkullCap), typeof(Doublet), typeof(RingmailArms), typeof(RingmailLegs), typeof(RingmailGloves), typeof(RingmailChest)};

those are all of the recipies that get created in the players pack right now. if there is any way to set it up so that it creates just one recipe for all of those that would be so much better. Thank you so much for helping me with this and if it is not possible this will do, but please give me a hand with how to make them all into one recipe. Thank you

Lokai

Knight
Devinc07;839074 said:
Is there any way to have it just create one recipe with all of the types of crafts i want them to learn because the players backpack is really full with tons of seperate scrolls. I just want players to be able to double click one scroll and it teach them all of the crafts i have set. there are a lot.

No, they need to each be their own scroll. You could try adding them to a bag if you want, then add the bag to their pack instead.

Something like:

PHP:
            Bag bag = new Bag();

Type[] myTypes = new Type[]{typeof(LeatherArms), typeof(LeatherLegs),
                typeof(LeatherGloves), typeof(LeatherChest), typeof(StuddedLegs),
               typeof(StuddedArms), typeof(StuddedChest), typeof(StuddedGloves)};

CraftingRecipe recipe;
            for (int i = 0; i < myTypes.Length; i++)
            {
                recipe = new CraftingRecipe();
                recipe.Recipe = myTypes[i];
                bag.Drop(recipe);
            }
            newChar.AddToBackpack(bag);

I'm not sure about the code, since I am not testing it, but I think that works.

Devinc07

Sorceror
This crash isn't from the character creation edit i took it out and it still crashes. I am trying to work on a fix but i need help please. The server crashes on a world save and gives this report. If anyone could give me a hand and help me fix it i would greatly appreciate it. If you need any of my scripts please let me know and i will send them. Once i actually get this finished i can post the changes for players. I have been trying to work on some of the Stygian Abyss edits but mainly just for the weapon absorbtion and gargoyle characters. Please give me a hand with this crash. Thank you in advance

Server Crash Report
===================

RunUO Version 2.1, Build 3793.19965
Operating System: Microsoft Windows NT 6.0.6002 Service Pack 2
.NET Framework: 2.0.50727.4200
Time: 5/24/2010 11:27:56 PM
Mobiles: 30404
Items: 254216
Exception:
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at Server.Items.CraftingRecipe.Serialize(GenericWriter writer)
at Server.StandardSaveStrategy.SaveItems(SaveMetrics metrics)
at Server.DualSaveStrategy.<>c__DisplayClass1.<Save>b__0()
at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(Object state)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()

Devinc07

Sorceror
I believe there is another post for RunUO Final. You can search for it most likely it will be daat99 and FS:ATS edits merged to one but you might be able to find one of just daat99. I think you will have to find the one for final its self i don't know for sure if the RC2 version will compile without erros on final

EDIT: Miss spelled post lol small typo just wanted to fix it.

Problem with Evo Drake Trainers giving tokens

I am trying to figure out what I need to change in order to prevent Evo Drake Trainers or any specific mob from dropping tokens upon death. This is what is happening.

The Evo Drake Trainers have so many hp that is usually almost impossible for anyone to kill them. Recently we got Bio Engineering working, and found an exploit for tokens.

The Bio Engineering system uses vials and if you have the required skill, you are able to attempt an extraction of DNA. Sometimes the vials break, sometimes the mob you are extracting from gets angry and attacks you, and sometimes the mob dies.

The exploit is in regards to the Evo Drake Trainer. When a player with the skill uses a vial on an Evo Drake Trainer, and the Trainer dies, they receive anywhere from 2 million to 3 million tokens, which could really affect and already fragile economy that has taken a long time to level.

I have tried to alter the Trainer script, making fame/karma 0. I was thinking if the token system is based on fame and karma, making these zero would solve my problem. It did nothing. I then changed the body frame for a human frame, because you are not allowed to extract DNA from a humanoid the way it's set up now, that works you cannot attempt to extract DNA, but for some reason using the human frame on the evo script no longer gives gains like the drake frame did.

Without creating a basecreature definition for the trainer drakes, I am wondering if there is an easy fix I am totally overlooking so that I can go back to the drakes and people training pets can get the previous gains.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

*****Edited*****

I think I found what I needed, I just needed to look a little more

Daat99 Tokens, trying to limit tokens on 1 creature