RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[RunUO 2.0 RC1] Deco tool for 1.0 & 2.0

Deco tool for 1.0 & 2.0

here is my deco tool again, with one more enhancement now also

it is able to move all lockdowns & addons & objects set to nonmovable in the house around, reguardless of weight also

it can move them up, down, North, South, East & West and if it is flipable, will also turn it

It does not check for house boundries, so it is possible to move something out of the house and not be able to move it back in, unless you get a gm to help you

to use it, just dbl click it.
If it does not have a "command" set it will pop up with the "command" list and then it gives you the target cursor.
If it does have a "command" all ready sellected it will just bring up the targeting cursor.
If you wish to change the command - just target it and the command list will come up.

enjoy

Attachments

• InteriorDecorator.cs
    9.2 KB · Views: 779
Yeah I have to say this is a nice tool my only question is why not try to make it stop objects from moving through walls based maybe on the characters line of sight? I also wondered does it allow items to move through the floors also if not could this same method be applied to stop movement through walls?

All in all though I have to say this is really great regardless of any minor bugs it may have. EA recently allowed objects to be moved regardless of weight a major improvement its to bad they will never allow us to move objects in directions other than up and down.

i am not sure how it stops it from going up to far, but i do know you can lower through the floor also (and if to a lower floor - can then be seen) but for only so far
but not limiting it also can give some nice effects around your house - like the wall tapestries can normaly not go on the out side, but using this tool you can add them, vines, etc to the outside walls (just can't bring them back in :)) )

besides the add command - it is also forsale on the architecs also i believe by default, for 10k

Lord_Greywolf said:
i am not sure how it stops it from going up to far, but i do know you can lower through the floor also (and if to a lower floor - can then be seen) but for only so far
but not limiting it also can give some nice effects around your house - like the wall tapestries can normaly not go on the out side, but using this tool you can add them, vines, etc to the outside walls (just can't bring them back in :)) )

besides the add command - it is also forsale on the architecs also i believe by default, for 10k

Sounds a bit risky from a player point of view being that anything that gets pushed out may decay or even be stolen by others with an axe in most cases.

Still I wonder if you could base this on your characters line of sight to prevent pushing items through walls and floors I think it would work but coding that is another story clueless there lol.

actualy they do not decay - they are still set not movable, and axing them does not work - when you axe it it checks to see if you are in your house, and since they are not in a house at all, it does not work

so actualy they are stuck there until a gm can move them back for you (using [inc, [move or pandoras)

just make a backup copy of old one and replace it with this one

it will then replace all those all ready in game, and new ones to of course

Byteme

Wanderer
Lord_Greywolf;741887 said:
just make a backup copy of old one and replace it with this one

it will then replace all those all ready in game, and new ones to of course

Ok, easy enough but where do I find the old one? What file is it in?

Byteme

Wanderer
Raynew;741897 said:
You'll find it in Scripts/Items/Misc

Thank you Raynew. I went into Scripts/Items/Misc and there is no Interior Decorator there. I went into my test shard and I do have one. Now I am at a loss as to what folder it is in. I have looked everywhere. Am obviously missing someplace to look. I put this revised one in Scripts/Items/Misc and got the same error so the original one has to be somewhere. This is the error I keep getting.

RunUO - [www.runuo.com] Version 2.0, Build 2357.32527
Core: Running on .NET Framework Version 2.0.50727
Scripts: Compiling C# scripts...failed (1 errors, 0 warnings)
Errors:
+ Items/Misc/InteriorDecorator.cs:
CS0101: Line 11: The namespace 'Server.Items' already contains a definition
for 'DecorateCommand'
CS0101: Line 25: The namespace 'Server.Items' already contains a definition
for 'InteriorDecorator'
CS0102: Line 105: The type 'Server.Items.InteriorDecorator' already contains
a definition for 'InternalGump'
CS0102: Line 163: The type 'Server.Items.InteriorDecorator' already contains
a definition for 'InternalTarget'
Scripts: One or more scripts failed to compile or no script files were found.
- Press return to exit, or R to try again.

Any ideas?

Hammerhand

Knight
Right click on your Scripts folder and try search (if your running XP, dunno about Vista). Just input InteriorDecorator.

Byteme

Wanderer
Hammerhand;741911 said:
Right click on your Scripts folder and try search (if your running XP, dunno about Vista). Just input InteriorDecorator.

Awesome!!.. Thank you Hammerhand. I did the search and found it. Of all places it was in my yard and garden system. All is working great now.

Thanks again!