RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[RunUO 2.0 RC1] Levelable Items System 3.0

dragonfyre

Traveler
How do you make a weapon levelable? I thought you just had to craft a GM weapon. But that doesn't work.

Also, if I force an item to be levelable, it doesn't swing on enemies, but a non-leveable item will still swing and hit. Any ideas?

michelle78

Sorceror
You would have to modify all your craft menus to make levelable items, the kit came with the scripts for these items but how you distribute them is up to you. For example, here is defblacksmithing and the lines for katanas, first one is the normal one, second is the levelable.

Code:
AddCraft( typeof( Katana ),1011081, 1025119, 44.1, 94.1, typeof( IronIngot ), 1044036, 8, 1044037 );
AddCraft( typeof( LevelKatana ),1011081, "Levelable Katana", 44.1, 94.1, typeof( IronIngot ), 1044036, 12, 1044037 );

Most swing issues are because you are using an ML server and there is a line in weapons scripts for MLswing speed that needs to be added to these scripts because these were originally made for RC1

dragonfyre

Traveler
Thanks for your response! Yes, I did end up figuring out the swing deal. Seems all the leveling weapons had 0 swing rate so I went into each file and noticed it was indeed missing the line you are talking about. Just compared the original weapons with the new leveling ones and it was obvious.

However wouldn't adding the line of code your referring to make it so that you would craft a leveling weapon whether it was exceptional or not? I'm going to check into this now. Thanks again!

dimmak373

Sorceror
Hi everyone. I know that this thread has been read on and I have been trying to get this system to work. I got the problem down this.
Scripts: Compiling C# scripts...failed (3 errors, 0 warnings)
Errors:
+ Items/Weapons/BaseLevelWeapon.cs:
CS0535: Line 24: 'Server.Items.BaseLevelWeapon' does not implement interface member 'Server.Items.ILevelable.Experience'
CS0535: Line 24: 'Server.Items.BaseLevelWeapon' does not implement interface member 'Server.Items.ILevelable.Level'
CS0535: Line 24: 'Server.Items.BaseLevelWeapon' does not implement interface member 'Server.Items.ILevelable.Points'
CS0535: Line 24: 'Server.Items.BaseLevelWeapon' does not implement interface member 'Server.Items.ILevelable.MaxLevel'
+ Items/Jewels/LevelRing.cs:
CS0535: Line 5: 'Server.Items.BaseLevelRing' does not implement interface member 'Server.Items.ILevelable.Experience'
CS0535: Line 5: 'Server.Items.BaseLevelRing' does not implement interface member 'Server.Items.ILevelable.Level'
CS0535: Line 5: 'Server.Items.BaseLevelRing' does not implement interface member 'Server.Items.ILevelable.Points'
CS0535: Line 5: 'Server.Items.BaseLevelRing' does not implement interface member 'Server.Items.ILevelable.MaxLevel'
+ Items/Jewels/LevelNecklace.cs:
CS0535: Line 5: 'Server.Items.BaseLevelNecklace' does not implement interface member 'Server.Items.ILevelable.Experience'
CS0535: Line 5: 'Server.Items.BaseLevelNecklace' does not implement interface member 'Server.Items.ILevelable.Level'
CS0535: Line 5: 'Server.Items.BaseLevelNecklace' does not implement interface member 'Server.Items.ILevelable.Points'
CS0535: Line 5: 'Server.Items.BaseLevelNecklace' does not implement interface member 'Server.Items.ILevelable.MaxLevel'
Scripts: One or more scripts failed to compile or no script files were found.
- Press return to exit, or R to try again.

If someone could please help I would really appreciate it. I am not the greatest scripter but I catch somewhat quickly. Thanks in advance :)

I deleted my shard since this system is becoming more than I can stand and starting from scratch.

michelle78

Sorceror
Dimmak, what version of run uo are you trying to install this on. I can tell you that on an rc1 shard as this is listed for, it installs very cleanly.

dimmak373

Sorceror
trying to install this on runuo v2.2. I took out the script and trying to understand and learn the code reading at this point so I can better understand the system :)

Been too long since I have scripted and thought it would come back with no problem, I was wrong lol.

dimmak373

Sorceror
trying once again but just like to to be clear, do I need to leave the original base item like basejewel.cs and just adding into the the original script of say ring.cs and referencing it in the main public
like BaseJewel, ILevelable or do I need to remove the basejewel.cs all together and have just the baseleveljewel.cs? I am also trying to make these levelable items craftable too and not just as drops. I am running RunUO v. 2.2

Alyssa Dark

Sorceror
i haven't read through all of this but i'd suggest leaving basejewel.cs in because other non levelable jewelry items will reference that... the baseleveljewel.cs is for jewelry items that are levelable... you take the other one out, you'll have problems with most all other jewelry items :)

dimmak373

Sorceror
ok. hopefully that will resolve the problems I got the last go around Alyssa. Will post what happens :)
Ok, I finally got it right and it is working except for a few arties but kept the original files for vendors and made craftable leveling gear which was my intention, thnx for all the help guys and gals. It means a lot for me relearning how to script :)