RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[RunUO 2.0 RC1] Levelable Items System 3.0

EGYPT

Wanderer
umm dude there are 2 packages to download one contains normal system for leveling and other contains leveling system and all leveling items download the one the contains all and u wont have any trouble and knife etc should be found in weapons knives

Slayer_BsAs

Sorceror
RunUO 2.0 RC2 work without trouble

I test it and work great. Thank you!!
I was thinking the way to implement it in easy way and distribute it and i have one idea but i didnt have any time to make it yet, maybe could be good to make an scroll which transform normal basetype into level type.
In this way you must only have need to sell this scrolls or give in quest like prize.

thank's again

Dreadfull

Sorceror
I have one slight issue. seems that some items are running out of durability and then never actually being destroyed. the player can still use masks for instance when they have 0/11 durability.

rradicob

Sorceror
So I followed the instructions, but got this message:

*Items/Weapons/Swords/LevelVikingSword.cs:
CS0246: Line 8: The type of namespace name 'BaseLevelSword' could not be found <are you missin a using directive or an assembly reference?>

As far as i can tell, it does this for every level item, all weapons and armor. Not sure what I'm missing here, I've tired figuring it out myself and can't, even though it seems like it should be an easy fix. (i hope).

Thanks for any help in advance.

rradicob;802369 said:
So I followed the instructions, but got this message:

As far as i can tell, it does this for every level item, all weapons and armor. Not sure what I'm missing here, I've tired figuring it out myself and can't, even though it seems like it should be an easy fix. (i hope).

Thanks for any help in advance.

Did you download the [2.0]Levelable Items 3.0.rar file as well? It contains the BaseLevelWeapon, BaseLevelArmor etc that you are missing. If you only downloaded [2.0]All Levelable Items - New Format for 3.0.rar only. It will only contain weapons/armor and such and no BaseLevel items.

rradicob

Sorceror
Thanks Callandor2k, I had downloaded all the files but didn't install the BaseLevel scripts. (didn't realize they were there).

On another note, I played around with the settings a little and found that if you set MaxLevelsCap too high it will make the shard crash at startup. So far, I know this will happen if it's set to max of 1 million. :D
1,000 max works just fine though.

nevar2006

Sorceror
would it be possible

I was wondering if it would be possible to put the option to raise the Min and Max base weapon damage.
Right now it only works off of the stock weapons min and max damage.

The reason im asking is because i have been testing this system on my server, and i have alot of Custom mobs where i would need the higher base end damage on the weapons.

I mean i could go to every single script and change it, but that would such a pain.

Juzzver

Sorceror
8(

Where is a change costly attributes ???
Why on Cloath - cost 2 point( reflect )
On weapon and armor - cost 4( point ) :mad:
Where is editing???? Please give me exmple... Sorry for my English...
Very Need help!

I love this script and like the earlier poster would like to replace all items with levelable ones. Unfortunately I'm not nearly script savvy enough to do this on my own. Is there a relatively simple way to replace all items with the levelable ones, so that vendors sell them, players can craft them, they drop, etc. Basically--no "normal" weapons/clothes/armor would be on the server.

Thanks!

Toriad

Sorceror
I made a simple level item system based off yours, but for all weapons in the game. :) Is there a way to take your system and easily apply it to baseweapon?

bruce wayne

Wanderer
errors

i added the all items download and the base's out the other 1 and got these errors

+ customs/weapons/ranged/levelbow.cs:
CS0101: line 8: the namespace 'server.items' already contains a definition for 'levelbow'

same thing with the levelkryss.cs so i figured hey i will delete these 2 scripts and it should work fine....WRONG...lol got even more errors saying

+ customs/weapons/knives/baselevelknife.cs:
CS0246: line 12: the type or namespace name 'ILevelable' could not be found
<are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?>

and that goes for all baselevel stuff ex..baselevelstaff.cs , baselevelpolearm.cs..ect..plz some1 help me i have tried every way i no of

Orbit Storm

Sorceror
Ah, well.. I know this thread is ancient and has been buried amongst dozens of new threads; but I'm looking for a little support here; maybe someone has already made these specific modifications, or there is some part of the code I could edit.

Is there any way to restrict items that are levelable, to weapons only? Or at the very least.. remove the 'item is levelable' part of the code, and require a "item level deed" to make it levelable?

I'd much rather have all my armor/weapons/jewelry/etc remain the same; while adding a deed that when dbl-clicked, uses a targeting function and will make any item targeted, levelable.

By doing this.. I'd prevent players from just leveling any random item and hoarding a collection of them. I'd prefer my players to have to save up for a deed and use it on their favorite weapon to start leveling it.

I haven't downloaded/implemented this yet; as I'd like to make the modifications right after the download, rather than adding the system and then tinkering with it after.

I appreciate any help/advice! =)

CarlosI

Wanderer
this system looks awesome!

Anyone know how I could include all these items in the crafting menus? So smith/tailors can craft them?

Another cool feature would be for dragons on my shard to drop a random piece of "leveling dragon armour", shadow wyrms to drop a random piece of "leveling bone/daemonbone armour", white wyrms to drop "leveling order shields", and anchient wyrms to drop "leveling weapons" and "level increase scrolls".

Can anyone help me out? I have absolutely no experience in scripting these things.
Mabe that is too much work... If anyone could help me to just get dragons to randomy drop one of all the leveling items availabe including scrolls would be awesome ^^
or mabe just add all items to crafting menus...

CarlosI

Wanderer
I have been looking at post #25 and that seems to be an easy solution, but I have some questions...

How is dragon armour managed? I mean the colours...
If I add this to the onBeforeDeath
"PackItem( new LevelDragonArms() );"
What colour would the item be? What resistance would it have?
I am looking at levelDragonArms.cs to find out but im afraid I have abolutely no clue...

CarlosI

Wanderer
uokgames;842810 said:
WEll I can show you away to do it without requireing edits. Its real simple concept. But will require lots of code. What you could do to make it require no edits. is make each combanation of weapon. Or make set versions. Then in your craft section have it require certain type of weps to "enhance". What it really would do is replace the old one with a upgraded version. Basicly a whole new wep and just delete the old one. That would be the easier route. Problem is, it would require alot of codeing to work around the editing. To make it drag an drop.

Sounds like a good option. With such powerfull armours and weapons if I place them as loot on my server that would make crafter items completely useless... So it makes more sense to make them craftable to keep crafters in buisness.

I am not good at creating my own scripts, but I am able to modify or expand others scripts... If I could get an example of what you are saying for just one item I could try to figure out how to do the rest of the items on my own.
Any help would be greatly apreciated

migzilla

Sorceror
@Carlos

If you want examples on how to add things to craft menus all you need to do is search in server support, script support or find custom crafts in this forum. Open those files and see how people manually add things into the craft menus and then you can learn how to add customs to your existing crafts. Just one example would be Karmageddon's custom resource scripts. Those craft menus have some items not found in stock files. Just see how they have done it and it is pretty basic to do this to any craft system ingame.

Previous posts in this thread show you how to add items to monster loot drops and dracana has given examples of a few items so people can make other items. Good luck

camo16

Sorceror
Bonus Hits isn't doing anything for me. I don't know whats happened. >.>

Nvm It was a problem my end, great script btw!