RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[RunUO 2.0 RC1/Patch 7.0.7.3 (Patch 95)] "Encrypted Client Detected"

allanws

Wanderer
[RunUO 2.0 RC1/Patch 7.0.7.3 (Patch 95)] "Encrypted Client Detected"

Hello everyone,

I used to run a shard with RunUO back in the older days (about 2 years ago, lol), and I remember having this same problem. I execute RunUO and connect through Razor only to receive the following message:

Code:
Client: x.x.x.x: Connected. [1 Online]
Client: x.x.x.x: Encrypted client detected, disconnecting
Client: x.x.x.x: Disconnected. [0 Online]

Where x.x.x.x is my IP.

The only thing is, my internet related configurations are a bit different from the ones I had in the past.
I used to have a router which seemed to complicate everything about running a shard by 10x. Now I don't.
Now I have a different broadband plan with a different company and all.

I have noticed though, that my IP address is of an internal IP (192.168.1.19), just like a routers IP. I can't seem to get an IP automaticaly because I'll lose all internet connection, which meens I can't get a static IP because this seems to be my static address, which I'm sure it's not.

So either the guys at the internet company are ripping me off, or they don't know how to config a modem.

Anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this?
If you've read the title, I'm patched to 7.0.7.3, which might mess up Razor and all. I also have tried all possible combinations of the "Patch client encryption" and "Use OSI encryption" tick-boxes in Razor, and nothing has changed. I've also tried using my external IP address, seen in What Is My IP Address - Shows Your IP Address, but to no success. And I have also reinstaled UO and repatched up to 6.0.5 if I'm not mistaken, also to no success.

Once again, I plead (literally plead) for anyones help. I've seen other people having similar if not equal problems running their shards, so this could be of help to everyone.

Thanks in advance, Allanws

sAEder

Wanderer
As your console shows reaction, it does not seem to be an IP problem. Connection is established, but as the Client is still encrypted, RunUO can't handle it. There is a script package in the boads which enables RunUO to read client encryption, but i'm not sure if it's able to handle clients >= 7.x.x.x. I'm using client 6.0.1.10 with this encryption package and don't need decrypted clients or Razor at all to connect.

Your problem could be that Razor cannot handle the client encryption of your client, as it is too "new".

allanws

Wanderer
sAEder;844155 said:
As your console shows reaction, it does not seem to be an IP problem. Connection is established, but as the Client is still encrypted, RunUO can't handle it. There is a script package in the boads which enables RunUO to read client encryption, but i'm not sure if it's able to handle clients >= 7.x.x.x. I'm using client 6.0.1.10 with this encryption package and don't need decrypted clients or Razor at all to connect.

Your problem could be that Razor cannot handle the client encryption of your client, as it is too "new".

Yeah, I was hoping that wasn't the problem. It makes me wonder how people with 7.x.x.x will manage to connect without having to repatch. I know thats a huge turn off for players, I wouldn't do that to play on a new, unknown shard. I hope there's another way. How do shards like Demise make it work then? In their case, you NEED 7.0.3 at least to connect.

EDIT: It isnt an IP problem when I'm connecting, but its possible other people will have problems connecting in the future. I hope I'm wrong though...

Xeevis

Sorceror
Things in clients are constantly changing, Razor is coping with changes same as RunUO with SVN does. If you don't want to be stuck with "old" or "incompatible" you have to periodically update all 3 components ... not just one, not two, but all 3 of them or none of them. I have practically 3 years old completely custom shard, but I keep up with most recent code so everything is always working for me. Currently I run latest RunUO SVN (+ Callandors) + 7.0.7.3 client + 1.0.12 Razor and I can confirm its working like a charm. All I do is once a week look for new changes. And if there are any then I compare them to older files so I extract actual change then merge that change into my own files (which are mostly heavily rewritten so if its not applicable I just ignore it). But I still have access to code enhancements, bug fixes, performance-wise changes and all it takes is like hour per month. But once you "neglect" to update for longer period of time. Its almost impossible to update to most recent RunUO. Even from RunUO 2.0 Final its now surely pain-in-the-ass to update to most recent SVN with by-hand merging which is only option if you made changes to scripts. Hope it helps somehow :D.

I'd put my head on line you can't make cope RC1 with 7.0.7.3 ... Wild guess? Try 5.x client ... Razor should be able to handle any version of client.

allanws

Wanderer
Xeevis;844165 said:
Things in clients are constantly changing, Razor is coping with changes same as RunUO with SVN does. If you don't want to be stuck with "old" or "incompatible" you have to periodically update all 3 components ... not just one, not two, but all 3 of them or none of them. I have practically 3 years old completely custom shard, but I keep up with most recent code so everything is always working for me. Currently I run latest RunUO SVN (+ Callandors) + 7.0.7.3 client + 1.0.12 Razor and I can confirm its working like a charm. All I do is once a week look for new changes. And if there are any then I compare them to older files so I extract actual change then merge that change into my own files (which are mostly heavily rewritten so if its not applicable I just ignore it). But I still have access to code enhancements, bug fixes, performance-wise changes and all it takes is like hour per month. But once you "neglect" to update for longer period of time. Its almost impossible to update to most recent RunUO. Even from RunUO 2.0 Final its now surely pain-in-the-ass to update to most recent SVN with by-hand merging which is only option if you made changes to scripts. Hope it helps somehow :D.

I'd put my head on line you can't make cope RC1 with 7.0.7.3 ... Wild guess? Try 5.x client ... Razor should be able to handle any version of client.

Thank you for your help! I've never used RunUO SVN so that should be a new experience, but I'll definatly try that out.

Allanws