RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[RunUO 2.0 RC1] Spawn Editor 2

ArteGordon

Wanderer
[RunUO 2.0 RC1] Spawn Editor 2

Spawn Editor 2
v1.18
RunUO 2.0 version
updated 6/26/06
ArteGordon

Latest News:
6/26/06
Updated for RunUO 2.0
- added a copy of zlib.dll to the transferserver-20-v105b.rar package to deal with transfer message problems people have been having with the 2.0 server. Just place it in the main RunUO installation folder along with the RunUO.exe server executable.

- added the transferserver-20-v105a.rar package that contains the TransferServer scripts that works under RunUO 2.0. This will allow the editor to communicate with RunUO 2.0 servers.

- added the SpawnEditor2-20-v118.rar package that contains the SpawnEditor executable that works under RunUO 2.0. This will allow the editor to read RunUO 2.0 server executables.

Summary:

A standalone visual spawn editing program that works with the XmlSpawner2 system for online and offline creation and editing of xmlspawners and their spawn files as well as some online player, object, and spawner tracking capabilities.

Supports spawning of standard or custom maps.

This is the updated version of the original Spawn Editor written by bobsmart.

Here are some screen shots of the editor in action

Displaying spawns and live server items

Displaying mobiles on a live server

Downloading spawners from a selected area on a live server

Creating a new spawner

Recent Updates:

New to version 1.18
updated 10/5/05

- selection/spawn regions can now be dragged out in any direction instead of having to start from the upper left (thanks to Khaz for the suggestion).

- resolved an issue with custom muls that were placed in custom folders instead of in the default UO client directory not being used (thanks to tindo for pointing this out). Now if you change the client path in the Setup window to point to the location of your custom muls, they will be correctly used. This involves a change in the UOMap.ocx tool in the SpawnEditor2-support.rar archive, so replace the previous version and run Setup.bat again.

Features:

- Full support of all XmlSpawner2 properties and features.

- Can read any current or previous version of xmlspawner .xml file, even original xmlspawner .xmls.

- Can import all .map and .msf files

- Drag-and-drop spawner placement and spawner region sizing.

- Synchronization of spawner locations with online clients to allow for coordinated online/offline editing.

- Online player position tracking and synchronization.

- Spawn density and speed displays on the map.

- Works with default or custom maps.

- With the Transfer Server installed, real-time mobile, item, and player distributions from a live server can be displayed on the map along with spawn information.

- Load spawners into the editor directly from a live server.

- Send spawners directly from the editor to a live server.

Installation:

This system requires the latest installation of the XmlSpawner2 package (at least version 2.89) if you want to use the client Go/Tracking/Synchronization features.
If you are running RunUO 2.0, you need this version of XmlSpawner2 XmlSpawner2

Everything in SpawnEditor2-vxxx.rar and SpawnEditor2-support.rar go into their own folder separate from your RunUO folder. A reasonable place would be in 'Program Files/Spawn Editor' for example.
Just make the folder, unzip the contents of those two rars into it and run Setup.bat.
Then launch the SpawnEditor2.exe executable.

If you are running RunUO 2.0 then you need the .NET 2.0 Framework redistributable package .
This is the same thing required for the RunUO server, so if you are running that on the same machine you are fine.

For the client synchronization features just have your client running at the same time. I havent tested this with the 3d client yet.

See the Readme.htm file in the package for more details.

Transfer Server Installation:
(this is an optional addition. You dont have to install it if you dont want to, you just wont have access to the Transfer Server features of the editor. To use all of the spawner download features, you must have the latest version of XmlSpawner2 installed (at least v2.94)

1) download the TransferServer-20-vxxx.rar package.
2) Copy the scripts in the Transfer Server folder into your custom scripts area.
3) Place a copy of the transferserver.dll file in your main RunUO installation folder. If you dont already have a copy of zlib.dll in that folder, then add that as well.
4) Add the following lines to your RunUO Data/Assemblies.cfg file

System.Runtime.Remoting.dll
TransferServer.dll

When you restart your server, the Transfer Server will be started by default and you will see a message on the console. You can disable automatic startup by changing the default value of the 'Enabled' property in TransferServer.cs (you can then start it manually with the '[xts start' command).
By default, the Transfer Server will use port 8030 for communication. This can be changed in TransferServer.cs

To start and stop the Transfer Server at any time use the

[xts start
[xts stop

commands.

Transfer Server Authentication:
Communication between Spawn Editor and the Transfer Server is handled via a limited lifetime session ticket system. These tickets can only be obtained by users that are already logged into an account on the RunUO server with the appropriate access level (admin by default).
Each request to the server is authenticated using this unique ticket (32 byte Guid) that allows a given Spawn Editor session to communicate with the server.

To receive a session ticket, you must be connected to the RunUO server via a UO client and be logged in with the appropriate access level.

Note, neither the Transfer Server nor Spawn Editor 2 ever use, send, or access any sensitive account information.

To specify the Transfer Server address and port, open the Transfer Server Settings window from the Tools menu.

Press the 'Renew Session Authentication' button in the Transfer Server window. This will send a request for session authentication via the client. The ticket will remain valid for a limited period of time (default 30 minutes). Also, if you restart Spawn Editor, you will need to get a new ticket.
Once you have a session ticket, you are no longer required to be logged in to your RunUO account for the duration of the ticket lifetime.

Using the Transfer Server with Spawn Editor 2:
Once you have established an authenticated session, you can load information regarding item and mobile locations from the Transfer Server window that can be opened from the Tools menu.

Select the appropriate tab in that window to specify type filters that can be used when retrieving information from the server, as well as control the display of retrieved objects.

For example, to get the location of all houses on your server, just specify 'basehouse' in the item type field, then press the 'Get Items' button.
You can get anything from corpses, to statics, to boats, to xmlspawners. Just use the type name of the object you are interested in.

For mobiles, just enter the type information in the Type field in the 'Creatures' panel of the Transfer Server window.

To see the distribution of orcs on your server, just specify 'orc' in the item type field, then press the 'Get Creatures' button in the Creatures panel of the Transfer Server window.

Players will be displayed as yellow squares, Mobiles as blue crosses, and Items as green crosses.

Note that only items that are placed directly in the world will be retrieved. Items in containers or carried on mobiles will be ignored unless you enable it by checking the appropriate setting.

Troubleshooting:

Problem: SpawnEditor2.exe wont start up.

If you are having trouble starting up SpawnEditor2.exe or you receive error messages when you run Setup.bat, you may be missing some needed system dlls. To fix this problem follow these steps:

1) To find out what required system dlls you might be missing, run the dll dependency walker program 'depends.exe' that can be downloaded at http://www.dependencywalker.com/ and open up the UOMap.ocx from the File menu.

2) Note any missing required dlls that it reports (shown in red).

3) Get the missing dlls and install them in the windows System32 folder. You can probably find the dll that you need at this site http://www.dll-files.com/dllindex/
(Dont worry about missing Java dlls since Java support is not required).

4) Run Setup.bat again to install the UOMap.ocx tool.

Problem: I am running the Transfer Server and can Renew Authentication, but I have trouble sending or receiving information.

1) Check to make sure that the Address setting in the Transfer Server Settings window is correct.

2) place a copy of zlib.dll in the SpawnEditor installation folder (where you put SpawnEditor2.exe)

3) Try changing the Port setting in TransferServer.cs (you will need to restart the server) and in the SpawnEditor2 Transfer Server Settings from the default of 8030. You may have a conflict between the use of port 8030 and some existing service such as the http server.

4) Set the path to the server .EXE in the Setup window. If if was already set, try setting it again.

5) install the editor to the RunUO installation directory (same place as RunUO.exe)

Problem: How do I get the editor to display my custom muls?

1) Go into the Setup menu (Tools->Setup) and in the setting for 'Ultima Client' browse (button to the right) to your custom mul directory and select any file there (it does not have to be a .exe file).

2) press 'Ok' to close the Setup configuration window.

3) exit and restart the editor.

Attachments

• SpawnEditor2-support.rar
    54.4 KB · Views: 2,095
  • SpawnEditor2-20-v118.rar
    100.5 KB · Views: 2,267
  • TransferServer-20-v105b.rar
    37.1 KB · Views: 1,680

Radley

Wanderer
Arg ok Im trying to get this program to even start up and its really anoying. I downloaded xmlspawner2 and ive read so much stuff and gone through so many pages (it took me forever to figure out where to download xmlspawner2, the pages are so unorganized). It says unzip to your custom script folder but I dont have one, so I made one scripts\custom but I dont know if thats right ;o

After I finally figured that out (not knowing I had to have it to use the program) i try to start it again. Doesnt work, so I try that dependency walker thing. Now you say to open UOMap.ocx. Where is that!? You dont even say where it is! This is very frustrating and I havent even started the program yet... Why does it have to be so complicated? Isnt this supposed to make it easier?

ArteGordon

Wanderer
Everything in SpawnEditor2-vxxx.rar and SpawnEditor2-support.rar go into their own folder separate from your RunUO folder. A reasonable place would be in 'Program Files/Spawn Editor' for example.
Just make the folder, unzip the contents of those two rars into it and run Setup.bat.
Then launch the SpawnEditor2.exe executable.

uomap.ocx is in the SpawnEditor2-support.rar file. You must not have gotten it.

Gembone

Wanderer
Radley said:
Arg ok Im trying to get this program to even start up and its really anoying. I downloaded xmlspawner2 and ive read so much stuff and gone through so many pages (it took me forever to figure out where to download xmlspawner2, the pages are so unorganized). It says unzip to your custom script folder but I dont have one, so I made one scripts\custom but I dont know if thats right ;o

After I finally figured that out (not knowing I had to have it to use the program) i try to start it again. Doesnt work, so I try that dependency walker thing. Now you say to open UOMap.ocx. Where is that!? You dont even say where it is! This is very frustrating and I havent even started the program yet... Why does it have to be so complicated? Isnt this supposed to make it easier?

Are you trying to get support for XMLSpawner2 or SpawnEditor2? they are 2 different systems. this is the thread for the SpawnEditor2 not XMLSpawner2.
I think you might be getting the 2 mixed up and that could cause some of the confusion. So witch system do you need help with.

Packer898

Knight
Love the spawn editor. Just a couple of suggestions.

1) Moving/Adjusting spawners is very cumbersome. Can it be made so you can drag drop spawners in order to move them?

2) When you are going thru the different spawners( like vendors.map #1 to #4) you cant use the keyboard to scroll thru them. This makes it extremely time consuming if you are trying to adjust alot of spawns on the same xml file.

Just some thoughts.

ArteGordon

Wanderer
Packer898 said:
Love the spawn editor. Just a couple of suggestions.

1) Moving/Adjusting spawners is very cumbersome. Can it be made so you can drag drop spawners in order to move them?

2) When you are going thru the different spawners( like vendors.map #1 to #4) you cant use the keyboard to scroll thru them. This makes it extremely time consuming if you are trying to adjust alot of spawns on the same xml file.

Just some thoughts.

1) right-click and hold on the map to drag and drop a spawner. Same thing to resize, except you click and drag in the lower right corner of the spawn area rectangle (the tooltip will say Resize when you are in the right spot).

2) do you mean scrolling through the spawn list on the left? The keyboard arrows do let you scroll through the list, but it doesnt change the selected spawner so the details dont automatically update when you select something with the keyboard in that way the map display doesnt switch to the that spawner. That's a good idea, I'll take a look at that.

Note, there are a number of ways to apply changes to entire groups of spawners at one time without having to go through them one by one. What are you trying to adjust?

mbillig02

Sorceror
I would like to say thanks for all of your hard work and your wonderful projects. I finally gave spawn editor a try with the transfer server and it is really cool.

Is there a way in the xmlspawner itself to browse for files?

Roger

Wanderer
server proble,

when i click ont he blue iccon witch says sever it wont load and gives me this message the application failed to initialize properly (0x0000135).click on ok to terminate the application44

ArteGordon

Wanderer
Roger said:
when i click ont he blue iccon witch says sever it wont load and gives me this message the application failed to initialize properly (0x0000135).click on ok to terminate the application44

make sure that you have the proper version of .NET installed. The RunUO 2.0 version requires the .NET2.0 redistributable. Look at the main post for a link.

Xeraz

Wanderer
No Message Data Received from Remote Server

I did on Item the basehouse Example u give and the Creatures to.

For example, to get the location of all houses on your server, just specify 'basehouse' in the item type field, then press the 'Get Items' button.
For mobiles, just enter the type information in the Type field in the 'Creatures' panel of the Transfer Server window.

And when I press the Get Item or creature or even player I got this error message

No Message Data Received from Remote Server for Server.Engines.XmlSpawner2, Errors Message (Server.Engines.XmlSpawner2.ErrorMessage

The version of XmlSpawner2
Is v3.12
Just updated and I got the same error??

Everythings is fine with the Renew Session Authentication.

Thank for ur Help Great Script

Xeraz

ArteGordon

Wanderer
Xeraz said:
I did on Item the basehouse Example u give and the Creatures to.

And when I press the Get Item or creature or even player I got this error message

No Message Data Received from Remote Server for Server.Engines.XmlSpawner2, Errors Message (Server.Engines.XmlSpawner2.ErrorMessage

The version of XmlSpawner2
Is v3.12
Just updated and I got the same error??

Everythings is fine with the Renew Session Authentication.

Thank for ur Help Great Script

Xeraz

did you place zlib.dll from transferserver-20-v105b.zip in the main RunUO installation directory?

Xeraz

Wanderer
did you place zlib.dll from transferserver-20-v105b.zip in the main RunUO installation directory?

I got the zlib32.dll, zlib64.dll and zlib.dll to in the runuo directory

zlib.dll come from TransferServer-20-v105b

Packer898

Knight
ArteGordon said:
1) right-click and hold on the map to drag and drop a spawner. Same thing to resize, except you click and drag in the lower right corner of the spawn area rectangle (the tooltip will say Resize when you are in the right spot).

2) do you mean scrolling through the spawn list on the left? The keyboard arrows do let you scroll through the list, but it doesnt change the selected spawner so the details dont automatically update when you select something with the keyboard in that way the map display doesnt switch to the that spawner. That's a good idea, I'll take a look at that.

Note, there are a number of ways to apply changes to entire groups of spawners at one time without having to go through them one by one. What are you trying to adjust?

Thanks ill try that out now. I run a UO:R shard so there are alot(almost all) of spawners from neruns distro that I have to edit. I previously had been using gigaspawner but i couldnt find a way to import the file that giga used so im having to redo all the spawns again.

Also one more thing. The new neruns distro .map arent supported yet. it would be sweet for a way to convert from Giga and the new format that 5.x version of neruns uses.

Thanks Again.

ArteGordon

Wanderer
Packer898 said:
Thanks ill try that out now. I run a UO:R shard so there are alot(almost all) of spawners from neruns distro that I have to edit. I previously had been using gigaspawner but i couldnt find a way to import the file that giga used so im having to redo all the spawns again.

Also one more thing. The new neruns distro .map arent supported yet. it would be sweet for a way to convert from Giga and the new format that 5.x version of neruns uses.

Thanks Again.

yeah, havent added support for Nerun's new format into the spawn editor yet, although it has been added into the latest xmlspawner2 so you can import them using the [xmlimportmap command, and then [xmlsave them out to XML format. Then you can read the saved XML into the spawn editor.

I know nothing about the gigaspawner format and it is no longer a supported script, so I have no plans to add any support for it.
If you can convert it into any of the other established formats like the .map, or .msf, or even back to distro spawners, then it would be possible to get it into the editor.

ArteGordon

Wanderer
Xeraz said:
I got the zlib32.dll, zlib64.dll and zlib.dll to in the runuo directory

zlib.dll come from TransferServer-20-v105b

Make sure that you have assigned the RunUO .exe path in the Setup window.
You might also try placing the spawneditor installation in the same folder as your RunUO installation.

Radley

Wanderer
Gembone said:
Are you trying to get support for XMLSpawner2 or SpawnEditor2? they are 2 different systems. this is the thread for the SpawnEditor2 not XMLSpawner2.
I think you might be getting the 2 mixed up and that could cause some of the confusion. So witch system do you need help with.

No I couldnt get the Spawn Editor to start up thats why I posted here. I never wanted that xmlspawner and saw the screenshots on this thinking it would make it easier to set up world spawns myself. It says spawn editor requires xmlspawner though.

So you require the support files, why not put them in the install file? I mean you cant even use the program without it... Doesnt make any sense to me.

I got it to start up though, but I dont see any way to edit what spawns, and Im not sure how to put it on my server. I tried setting up the transfer server program but I ran into so many different errors I aint even gonna try. Why cant you just make an automatic installer? Make this thing so complicated... not even worth it so far...

I know im just a newb to all this, but shouldnt all programs not require you to be 100% familiar with servers? I mean if you dont have spawns set up how are you supposed to know how to use this tool? Doesnt make any sense.... none at all...

ArteGordon

Wanderer
Radley said:
No I couldnt get the Spawn Editor to start up thats why I posted here. I never wanted that xmlspawner and saw the screenshots on this thinking it would make it easier to set up world spawns myself. It says spawn editor requires xmlspawner though.

So you require the support files, why not put them in the install file? I mean you cant even use the program without it... Doesnt make any sense to me.

I got it to start up though, but I dont see any way to edit what spawns, and Im not sure how to put it on my server. I tried setting up the transfer server program but I ran into so many different errors I aint even gonna try. Why cant you just make an automatic installer? Make this thing so complicated... not even worth it so far...

I know im just a newb to all this, but shouldnt all programs not require you to be 100% familiar with servers? I mean if you dont have spawns set up how are you supposed to know how to use this tool? Doesnt make any sense.... none at all...

it is placed in support because these are files that do not change when the editor itself (found in the first package) is updated to new versions.

If you read the Readme.htm file that is included it will provide a step-by-step explanation on how to create spawns and how to load them onto your server.

If you ran into errors adding the transfer server, you are either using the wrong version or you didnt follow all of the transferserver installation steps.
Are you running a RunUO 2.0 server?

Xeraz

Wanderer
Make sure that you have assigned the RunUO .exe path in the Setup window.

I already did
C:\Program Files\RunUO-2.0-RC1\RunUO.exe

You might also try placing the spawneditor installation in the same folder as your RunUO installation.

I dont
My Spaweditor installation is
C:\Program Files\Spawn Editor

The only strange things tha may help is in the setup window I can only to
C:\Program Files\EA Games\Ultima Online Mondain's Legacy\client.exe

And I cant do
C:\Program Files\EA Games\Ultima Online Mondain's Legacy\UO.exe

Because if I do I cant do the Renew Session I am working in 2d mode in 3d I cant do anythings Im using Gateway

Hope this will help a bit ?:confused:

I did check all of that:
1) Check to make sure that the Address setting in the Transfer Server Settings window is correct.

2) Try changing the Port setting in TransferServer.cs (you will need to restart the server) and in the SpawnEditor2 Transfer Server Settings from the default of 8030. You may have a conflict between the use of port 8030 and some existing service such as the http server.

3) Set the path to the server .EXE in the Setup window. If if was already set, try setting it again.

4) install zlib.dll from the transferserver zip package to the RunUO installation directory (same place as RunUO.exe)

ArteGordon

Wanderer
Xeraz said:
I dont
My Spaweditor installation is
C:\Program Files\Spawn Editor
try installing it in your main RunUO folder instead.

The only strange things tha may help is in the setup window I can only to
C:\Program Files\EA Games\Ultima Online Mondain's Legacy\client.exe

And I cant do
C:\Program Files\EA Games\Ultima Online Mondain's Legacy\UO.exe

Because if I do I cant do the Renew Session I am working in 2d mode in 3d I cant do anythings Im using Gateway

client.exe is the correct executable to point to.