RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[RunUO 2.0 RC1] The Dark Red Christmas Of 2007 w/ Holiday Coins System

[RunUO 2.0 RC1] The Dark Red Christmas Of 2007 w/ Holiday Coins System

The Dark Red Christmas Of 2007 w/ Holiday Coin System (Coin System is Optional)

Holiday Coin System Is NOT Needed! You have a Choice Wether or Not you Want to use it! Read Details on this Below!

*Edit* Fixed Mobiles So they can drop All Armor RANDOMLY instead of everytime. Seems alot better in my opinion.

*Edit* Added Holiday Vendor Stone for the Coin System. Now There Are A Couple Of things Needed To Know!

This Vendor Stone will Not Work With Karma's Vendor Stone and Raelis Vendor Stone. Either Remove those Stones or DON'T USE THIS ONE!

*Update* Fixed Santa's Beard. Please make sure to re-install if you have already downloaded this system. -Rock

I decided to go ahead and make this and release it since Thanksgiving is already around the corner and then Christmas Time will Come.

What this is about:

This Huge Package was made for the Christmas Holidays. But instead of it being a Good Christmas Story, its an Evil Christmas Story.

To start it off, Santa, Misses Clause, and Santa's little Helper have Gone Insanely Evil. Now that Christmas is already in Jeporady, it's up to You to save this Christmas of Terror.

There are Several Quests for this System. Each all plays it's own Storyline in the Package.

the 3 Elves of Christmas, Rudolph, Donner, and Bernard the Elf Archerer.

Now These all play their own part in this system, and Evil Santa, Misses Clause, and Santa's Helper plays a part in each quest.

*What it Comes With*

4 Quests

3 Sets of Christmas Armor

Christmas Weapons

Christmas Mobiles and Monsters

Christmas NPC's

Christmas Reward Bags

Christmas Holiday Coin System

and More!

*Cool Item's Added to Package*

EXPLODING PRESENTS!!
Yes Thats Right! Presents that you can throw and Explode!

And Guess what? Evil Santa Clause Throws Exploding Presents Randomly while fighting, AND When you Throw Exploding Presents at Him, He Throws them Back at ya!! This I believe will have your Shard Players having fun for this years Holiday!

The 3 Elves of Christmas needs you to bring 30 of Each Exploding Presents. Red, Blue, and White. And you are reward for this. Make Sure you Stack The Presents! They are Stackable. If you don't bring the presents with all 30 Stacked on One, he will not except them. So Make sure to remember this!

*What To Do With the Exploding Presents*

The Entire Idea of the Exploding Presents, is that Santa has Gone Evil and is going around dropping Exploding Presents around the world and Down Peoples Chimneys. Now we don't want these presents getting into the childrens hands now do we?? Hehe thats the whole idea of them!

Please them in random spots in Towns, the Forest and Caves. I recommend you Placing these Presents in Houses and on top of Roofs and stuff like that to make it look better. It's just all the way you do it.

MONSTERS DO NOT DROP EXPLODING PRESENTS! They are Made to Hunt for and Not to Kill Monsters For. This will give players more time to hunt for the Christmas Quest.

Rudolph Quest:
Rudolph has had his Nose taken from Misses Clause. You must fight Misses Clause and Retrieve his Nose and he rewards you.

Donner Quest:
Donner needs Santa's Hat because he Believes that It can Help stop the Evil Terror of Red Christmas. Go Find Santa and Kill Him and Bring his Hat back to Donner and you get rewarded.

Bernard the Elf Archer Quest:
Bernard has had his Bow of Christmas taken from Santa's little Helper. Go find Santa's Helper and kill him, bring back the Bow of Christmas to Bernard, and Receive a Gift.

#~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~#

Rockstar's Holiday Coin System

Ok this is a Part for Players to Have Fun with Holiday Coins, which I've made.

The Christmas Mobiles and Monsters Drop Holiday Coins. Now right now I'm trying to think of adding a reward system to the Coin System, but for now just make up a few numbers and Give rewards of your choice to players for the Holiday Coins.

It's very simple. You just type [add holidaycoinbox, Place it on a Spawner for Player Reach, and they can use it to Keep their Tokens Safe. So this time they have a choice to use it or not. I will be adding more to this Coin System once I finish the Reward part for it. But for now, it's just for Fun.

You Have 2 Choices to Installing This System!

You can Download and Install this System that Includes the Holiday Coin System, OR You can Download the System that Doesn't include the Holiday Coin System. The Coin System Requires NO Editing of any Scripts! You can just throw it in with no Problem!

*Things Needed To Know*

I haven't quite been able to Add Santa's Beard at this time, But I will soon so Stay Tuned for the Update. If you want to donate the code, then please reply and do so and thank you!

If You See a Bug in the Christmas System, Like the Holiday Coin Gump, Or Santa and the Present Bombs, Please Reply with the Report! PLEASE!

*Installation*

Installation is VERY Simple. All you do is click Extract with w/e Zipping Program you have like Winzip Or WinRar, and Extract the Folder to your Custom Scripts Folder, Restart Shard and Voala! An Entire Christmas System for you and your Players to Have Fun With!

*NOTE*

Do NOT Install BOTH Folders!!! You Pick 1 Or The Other! If you Want to Use this System WITH the Holiday Coin System, then Download the Folder that Includes the Coin System. If you Don't, then Download the One that DOES NOT Include the Holiday System.

Installing BOTH Folders Will Result in Many Errors. Please Do not use them Both!

Thank you All And Have A Great and Safe Christmas!!! And Happy Holidays to Everyone this year! -Rockstar

Attachments

• The Dark Red Christmas Of 2007 with Holiday Coin System.zip
    75.6 KB · Views: 317
  • The Dark Red Christmas Of 2007 WithOUT Coin System.zip
    61.8 KB · Views: 228
easy fix for santa beard:

FacialHairItemID = xxxx; //just set to the corect number you want - props yourself for the info once using a beard kit, etc

FacialHairHue = yyyy; //again set the hue

Also mighrt want to give descriptions on the reward items you made - just saying they give a reward, is not saying much about it ;)

Byteme

Wanderer
Nice Christmas Package Quest. I tried it out on my test and the following problems were encountered:

1) When I killed Evil Santa and retrieved his hat, it says 5 Santahats. When I give the hat to Donner, he says that is not the right amount and won't take it. I thought maybe I need 5 hats so killed 5 evil santa's and put the 5 hats in a backpack and tried to give that to Donner but he said he didn't want that. When talking to Donner he did not say he needed more than 1 hat, just said get him Santa's hat.

2) The exploding presents. The 3 different elves want 30 of each. When I collected 30 of them and tried to give to the elf, he said that was not the right amount. Can only give him one at a time and he won't take it because not the right amount.

So, how do you give Donner the right amount of hats and how do you give the elves the right amount of exploding presents?

Byteme;724388 said:
Nice Christmas Package Quest. I tried it out on my test and the following problems were encountered:

1) When I killed Evil Santa and retrieved his hat, it says 5 Santahats. When I give the hat to Donner, he says that is not the right amount and won't take it. I thought maybe I need 5 hats so killed 5 evil santa's and put the 5 hats in a backpack and tried to give that to Donner but he said he didn't want that. When talking to Donner he did not say he needed more than 1 hat, just said get him Santa's hat.

2) The exploding presents. The 3 different elves want 30 of each. When I collected 30 of them and tried to give to the elf, he said that was not the right amount. Can only give him one at a time and he won't take it because not the right amount.

So, how do you give Donner the right amount of hats and how do you give the elves the right amount of exploding presents?

He only Needs 1 Santa Hat. I will Update it so it wont be 5 ;).

Also, when it comes to the Exploding Presents, you have to do it in Order.

Read the gumps. Each elf wants a Different Colored Present.

[add presentbomb1

[add presentbomb2

[add presentbomb3

And You have to drop the Right Set of Presents on each Elf. Like Hermy Wants the Red Ones, Ben Wants the White Ones, and Tinsle wants the Blue Ones.

Remember theres 3.

As for the Santa Hat, Only drop 1 Santa Hat, and I will fix it because I didn't mean for him to drop 5 lol. Thnx

Byteme

Wanderer
Thank you for the fix on the santa hat.. as for the exploding present.. I did give the elf the right color.. one wants white, one wants red, and one wants the blue.. none of them will take their respective colors.. it continues to say it is not the right amount.

Byteme;724428 said:
Thank you for the fix on the santa hat.. as for the exploding present.. I did give the elf the right color.. one wants white, one wants red, and one wants the blue.. none of them will take their respective colors.. it continues to say it is not the right amount.

Well I'm testing it out right now. Trying to add the beard to Santa.

Once it's tested, I will make sure everything works properly and I will re-release this script.

Thnx for pointing it out. I already knew there was gonna be some fixing needed. But this time it wasn't too bad :D.

Ok I fixed Santa's Beard so that works fine.

As for the Presents Byteme, They work just fine.

The Presents Are "Stackable". So why not try stacking them?

Either that or to make sure, type [set amount 30, and click on all 3 presents, and then try and drop them.

They work, and they drop on the right quest givers. So I don't know what else to do since it looks just fine from my view. Thanks Though :)

Byteme

Wanderer
Thank you Rock.. everything is working properly. In your original post you did not mention the presents need to be stacked and give them to the elf in one package. Now that you have explained that you need to stack them, it works perfectly. And the santahat now works properly also.

Very nice quest. Thanks

I'm not that great at Spelling a Grammar, So if anyone Finds any Typo's, Please let me know so I can fix them.

I do believe that I have typo's in this script. So Please be watching for them. Thanks.

migzilla

Sorceror
present bomb drops

Not quite sure why but none of the mobiles are dropping the present bombs. I can manually create them ingame but none drop on loot and I have not had any errors installing. Any ideas?

ok to your question migzilla the present bombs you add your own spawner and place them around any city i did brit tram for all 90 of them just spawn in random buildings

[add spawner presentbomb1
[add spawner presentbomb2
[add spawner present bomb3

or you can go on the mobiles script and and the line

PackItem( new Presentbomb1() ); or 2 or 3 etc etc... you get the point i hope

i hope this helped if not send me a message or repost on here

Hammerhand

Knight
Migzilla... this is in the original post.
MONSTERS DO NOT DROP EXPLODING PRESENTS! They are Made to Hunt for and Not to Kill Monsters For.
You need to either spawn them in various areas across the shard or add them into the monsters scripts as a pack item.

ok replying what i said i guess hammerhead didnt see it lol

ok to your question migzilla the present bombs you add your own spawner and place them around any city i did brit tram for all 90 of them just spawn in random buildings

[add spawner presentbomb1
[add spawner presentbomb2
[add spawner present bomb3

or you can go on the mobiles script and and the line

PackItem( new Presentbomb1() ); or 2 or 3 etc etc... you get the point i hope

i hope this helped if not send me a message or repost on here

Ok Sorry Guys My Internet Has been Acting Up so I havent been very active.

I just keep going on and off. Darn Cable Company :mad:. But they're coming tomorrow so I should be cool by Monday.

I want to give a special Thanks to Hammerhand for helping me with the throwable presents when I asked for help. Thanks man.

I also thank everyone who gave support on this Thread. I really appreciate it guys :).

Anyway I did some updates. Now list closely.

The Monsters were dropping Armor everytime so I edit it to Random Drops.

Seems like it's alot better.

Also Listen UP Holiday Coin Users! I've added a Holiday Vendor Stone to the Script Folder to help with the Currency. Remember this Vendor Stone Will NOT WORK with Raelis Vendor Stone or karma's Vendor Stone. It's Only An Edit of the Origional Raelis Vendor stone and Cannot work with the other! Either remove the Raelis or Karma Stones, whichever one you have, Or Do Not Use this Vendor Stone!

This way you can add whatever items you want to the vendor stone.

Anyway thanks everyone and I hope I will have my Internet Fixed By Monday. -Rock

migzilla

Sorceror
Present Bombs

The version w/o the holiday coin system has the present bombs in the monster loot pack already. Here is the code from the Christmasarcanedaemon.cs. I commented out the christmas armor already prior to loading into my server.

Code from the download
Code:
 PackItem( new PresentBomb2(2) ); 
                                               PackItem( new PresentBomb1(1) ); 
                                               //PackItem( new ArmsOfChristmas() );
                                               //PackItem( new LegsOfChristmas() );
                                               //PackItem( new HelmOfChristmas() ); 
                                               //PackItem( new HelmOfWinter() );
                                               //PackItem( new XmasHelm() );

Code with presents that drop
Code:
                                               PackItem( new PresentBomb2() ); 
                                               PackItem( new PresentBomb1() ); 
The problem I found is that having the # 2 and 1 in () after the gifts calls a hue not a count. This keeps the gifts from dropping. If you remove the #s they will drop but only one of each at a time. The gifts are set as loot in the download on all the christmas mobiles in the rar without the coin system.

Thanks Rockstar I am sure my players will love this and ty to everyone who tried to help. Just took a little experimentation.

migzilla;725969 said:
The version w/o the holiday coin system has the present bombs in the monster loot pack already. Here is the code from the Christmasarcanedaemon.cs. I commented out the christmas armor already prior to loading into my server.

Code from the download
Code:
 PackItem( new PresentBomb2(2) ); 
                                               PackItem( new PresentBomb1(1) ); 

Code with presents that drop
Code:
                                               PackItem( new PresentBomb2() ); 
                                               PackItem( new PresentBomb1() ); 
The problem I found is that having the # 2 and 1 in () after the gifts calls a hue not a count. This keeps the gifts from dropping. If you remove the #s they will drop but only one of each at a time. The gifts are set as loot in the download on all the christmas mobiles in the rar without the coin system.

Thanks Rockstar I am sure my players will love this and ty to everyone who tried to help. Just took a little experimentation.

Well I added them to the Pack Item Just incase they might drop. But as far as I'm consered, They don't Drop. I've done lots of testing on them and found out these items cannot be packed. Well they can, they just wont show up.

But therefor, No matter the suggestions for the dropping, The way I did it the first time, Stays.

You Hunt for the presents, because santa has distributed them across the world for children to find, You bring 30 of each present back to Hermy, Tinsle, and Ben.

Put the Presents on Reachable Roof Tops, Or inside certain buildings. Anywhere to make it look more to the holiday would be great. Or you can just spawn them in any Area you want.

The Monsters drop the christmas Armor. Not the present Bombs. Even if you see them packed in the script, They Wont Drop. Case closed.

well im glad i could help even though it didnt work well for you !!:D

also rockstar i need help with a script sooo get on msn when u can or send me a PM on here ty

paggylee

Wanderer
Regarding the Present Bombs

I have a question regarding the present bombs.. My players are trying to collect them, but when they place them in their backpacks (even when I put one in their backpack) it explodes.. So there is no way for them to collect the 30 they need of any of the presents..

Any suggestions?