RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[RunUO 2.0 RC1] TMSS 4.0

TMSTKSBK

Lord
[RunUO 2.0 RC1] TMSS 4.0

(v4.0.7)
Introduction:
This is the follow-on to the semi-popular TMSS 3.0, also found on these forums. TMSS 4 offers some extremely debugged stuff, along with more accessible profiles, and a completely new skinning system.

STRUCTURE OF TMSS 4 (NEW!):
The "CORE" release (the .zip) does NOT contain everything you need. TMSS 3 introduced a "plugin" concept. TMSS 4 extends this to where *everything* is a plugin, not just extra add-ons. Therefore, you need to download one or more of the additional item scripts in order for TMSS 4 to be of use to you.

TMSS 4 Profile Assistant (SkillUO) is HERE

---------------
Installation:
1. Place scripts in custom directory.

Easy, eh?

Prerequisites:
RunUO 2.0 RC*
.NET Framework 2.0 (if you have RunUO 2, you have this).

No modifications to default scripts required, just drop into whatever folder your customs are in and run.
---------------

SYSTEM DEVS:
TMSS 4 has a few things you may be interested in.
1) TMQueryPage - The plugin gump system, follow-on to the Distributed Control Center found on these forums.
2) GumpList - Supports infinite lists, when used in combination with... (Released separately)
3) BaseSkin - The required set of variables for any skin. (Released separately)
4) TMSS4Skin - The implementation of skins used in this project. Good as an example of how to implement BaseSkin.

These guys should be getting some updates soon...

Known Issues:
- FOR WHATEVER WEIRD REASON, the system has something funky going on when you add it, dealing with SkillSkin. It *appears* that restarting the shard after the install run will fix this. In other words: Add > Run Shard to install > Restart shard > use.
- Major lack of documentation...I'm working on it.
- It has been postulated that this script causes names to disappear on pull-out life meters and such. This has been tracked down to the SkillReplacement script. A fix is in progress.

Commands (bold ones are important):
-- Basic Commands:
1 - [tmss - Opens the control center.
2 - [sessiontest - Creates and starts a new SkillSession
3 -[listtest - Opens a test gump for GumpList.
4 - [skilltest - Opens the Skill Gump on command.
5 - [mastertest - Opens the Master Gump on command.
6 - [fulloutput - Toggles Debug Mode 2 on and off.
7 - [ps - Opens the profile selector gump.
8 - [pr - Reloads the profiles in use.
9 - [ss - Opens the skin selector gump.
10 - [sr - Reloads the main skin.
11 - [rlskin - Same as #9
12 - [ssg - Opens the Parallel Skills Gump.
13 - [gds - Saves default skins to disk.

-- Other Commands:
14 - [setskillp - Allows you to set a parallel skill.
15 - [setallskillsp - Allows you to set a mobile's skills in the parallel system.
16 - [gsw - Writes the default Skill Skin to disk.

What this release includes:
This release includes the "Core" of TMSS 4, including the gump systems, save/load algorithms, and plugin interface code. When run, it will auto-generate information for a default profile, and information for the default skin.

Changelog:
REPORT A BUG AND GET A PUBLIC THANK YOU IN THE CHANGELOG!

Color codes:
[UR] = Update Required.
[UR] = Update Recommended.

8.18.06: Initial release of v4.0, Beta RC0 [UR]
8.18.06: Release of RC0, r1. Fixes a bug in resending Master gump, and adds features to GumpList. Separated GumpList and BaseSkin into classes in the Server.Gumps namespace. [UR]
8.21.06: Release of RC1, r0. Changes the skins and gump list to the new standards, changes [rlskin command to support this new format. Fixes icons not showing up in skill gumps bug. [UR]
9.17.06: Release of RC1, r1. Fixes a pretty major bug in ability of PLAYERS to use the gumps. Prolly shoulda tested that... Also adds SkillTickets and SkillBalls. Both of those are incompletely tested, so prolly shouldn't use 'em... [UR]
12.22.06: Release of RC2. This is the final format. All known bugs have been addressed. Parallel Skills are included (to an extent). SkillUO will be released very soon. (169 downloads of RC1r1) [UR]
12.23.06: CTP Release of "SkillUO". Available in a separate thread, see above. [UR]
2.1.07: Release of 4.0.0. Bug found in SkillSession. [UR]
2.4.07: Release of 4.0.1. Bugs found in Profile Selection Gump, options added to SkillTicket. (thanks, Soultaker) [UR]
2.5.07: Release of 4.0.1r2. Bugs found in Skin Selection Gump. NEW STRUCTURE! Delete old scripts entirely, replace with new ones.(thanks, mechwolf) [UR]
2.6.07: Release of 4.0.5! Yeah, big jump, isn't it? Why? CUSTOM SKILLS GUMP RELEASE! (thanks for the push, HellRazor) [UR]
2.8.07: Release of 4.0.6. Tons of bugs and one exploit fixed. WORKS WITH SVN 156! (thanks, Erica) [UR]
2.8.07: Re-release of items. Various bugs encountered and removed. Please report any issues! [UR]
8.10.07: Release of 4.0.7. Skill Caps are experimentally enabled. Use a negative cap number to not cap a skill. 0 will cap the skill at 0. Possible bug while adding Skill Stone. (thanks Raviperson) [UR]

General FAQs:
- How do I change a profile?
Profiles use a new paradigm of external editing. They are stored in XML format, which is not NEARLY as scary as it sounds. Basically you just open the .skx or .spr file you want to edit (~RunUO/TMSS/SkillProfiles), and modify/add/delete the correct items to configure the profile. More specific directions on this are forthcoming. SkillUO will assist you with this.

- How do I change a skin?
Skins are simple to change. Similar to profiles, they are stored in XML, which allows you to edit the skin, then reload it with the command "[rlskin". I tried to make the names pretty common-sense, but I'll review them before final release.

- How do I create a profile?
You can create a profile by creating a new .skx file for a SkillProfile, or a .spr file for a SuperSkillProfile. Then you can add entries for each skill you want to add in, or Profile, in the case of a SSP. Or, you can use SkillUO.

- How do I use my new profiles, or set them as default?
On each TMSS Skill Item, you may use the [ps command to open a profile set gump. Note that TMSI's only take SuperProfiles this way. You cannot set a simple SkillProfile as the "Profile" on an item. To set a profile as default, use the CCProfileName variable in skillsettings, or edit the skillsave.tms file.

- How can I specify which skin I want to use on an item/overall?
To change the overall skin, you need to edit the CCSkinName variable in SkillSettings, or in the skillsave.tms file. To change the skin for an item, it is similar to the procedure for changing a profile.

Credits:

BUG FINDING TEAM:
orpheus - beta tester
Soultaker - various crash bugs destroyed.
mechwolf - various crash bugs destroyed.
Erica - breaker-of-everything.

Aaaaahhhh let's see...
All the Devs (Ryan, krrios, Mark, ASayre, Zippy), thanks for such a fun hobby.
RunUO Community, thanks for being so creative.
A_Li_N - Thanks for helping me with suggestions and with some technical stuff.
milt - encouraging me to switch to generics (good move...)
kmwill23 - inspiration from Knive's Chat to create the skinning system.
HellRazor - Spurring me on to finish the Custom Skills Gump.
The middle steps of Luna in Malas -- where I debugged this.

What do I download?
This particular release requires you to download AT LEAST TWO things:
1) The TMSS 4.07 Core. (TMSS v4.0.7.zip)
2) Any plugins you want (SkillStone, SkillTicket, SkillGates, SkillBalls...)

THE SYSTEM WILL NOT OPERATE WITHOUT THE CORE.

Attachments

• SkillStone.cs
    2.2 KB · Views: 433
  • SkillTicket.cs
    1.8 KB · Views: 398
  • SkillGates.cs
    3 KB · Views: 446
  • SkillBalls.cs
    899 bytes · Views: 423
  • TMSS v4.0.7.zip
    54.1 KB · Views: 417

TMSTKSBK

Lord
Plans:
Addition of hooks for Custom Skill System - installed in this beta.
External Profile authoring application - released as TMSS 4 Profile Assistant.

Updated Custom Skill System - in progress.

Skill Balls - released
Skill Tickets - released
Skill Gates - released
Buyable Skills - in progress

Insta-setup profiles.
Multiple skins.

Known Issues:
none.

Apothem

Wanderer
I suggest using Gump.AddLabelCropped instead of Gump.AddLabel (referring to the "Bowcraft/Fletching" entry, among other long skill names...) to prevent overlapping text. Like this.

Everything else looks fantastic, great job.

Joeku

Lord
I second that, it looks excellent :D

A huge improvement over the last gump I saw from you. A+

***EDIT***
Don't forget changing the button ID's to something smaller. I recommend 2117 (unpressed) and 2118 (pressed)...

Attachments

• Button1.bmp
    546 bytes · Views: 443
  • Button2.bmp
    546 bytes · Views: 174

TMSTKSBK

Lord
I TOLD you they were better ;)

Bah. All your gumps are failures compared to mine. 2117 and 2118 are elsewhere in the design paradigm. I can't use them for that, nor do I want to. But the beauty of skinning is that you can set it to whatever you like.

Feel free to author alternative skins. If I really like it, I'll distro it as an option with the final release.

TMSTKSBK

Lord
Ok. New version (RC 0 r1) out. Fixes the skill name column thing, and a bug with resending the Master gump.

Crowley62

Sorceror
I'm lost i dont see where you explain exactly what this does. Does it change stat and skill caps in game? please explain what you use this for thx

TMSTKSBK

Lord
Wheeee, that might help, eh?

OK!
TMSS is the most popular skill-and-stat system for RunUO at this time.
It is primarily a start system, but can also be used for rewards and other such stuff.

This particular release is a beta of the core of TMSS 4. Not a lot of interface items are included (although creating them is pretty easy). This is mostly to test the internals of the system, and do a CTP of all the new gump and profile features.

BTW: New screenie of the skills gump.

Joeku

Lord
Code:
if( Joeku.Gump.Value > TMSTKSBK.Gump.Value )
      RunUO.BestUOServer = true;
'nuff said... :D

Really though, good job. Except the buttons and the overlapping text.

TMSTKSBK

Lord
Great job = thank you. For the rest, I shall now proceed to laugh you out of the thread.

And Joeku.Gumps threw a NullReferenceException...so...meh.

facsmth

Wanderer
I put them in the "Commands" folder under runuo/scripts.

I got this error.

RunUO - [www.runuo.com] Version 2.0, Build 2357.32527
Core: Running on .NET Framework Version 2.0.50727
Core: Optimizing for 2 processors
Scripts: Compiling C# scripts...failed (2 errors, 0 warnings)
Errors:
+ Commands/BaseSkin.cs:
CS0101: Line 15: The namespace 'Server.Gumps' already contains a definition
for 'WindowInfo'
CS0101: Line 23: The namespace 'Server.Gumps' already contains a definition
for 'ButtonInfo'
CS0101: Line 42: The namespace 'Server.Gumps' already contains a definition
for 'BaseSkin'
CS0101: Line 215: The namespace 'Server.Gumps' already contains a definition
for 'SkinHelper'
+ Commands/GumpList.cs:
CS0101: Line 14: The namespace 'Server.Gumps' already contains a definition
for 'GumpList'
CS0101: Line 300: The namespace 'Server.Gumps' already contains a definition
for 'GumpListEntry'
Scripts: One or more scripts failed to compile or no script files were found.
- Press return to exit, or R to try again.
Scripts: Compiling C# scripts...failed (2 errors, 0 warnings)
Errors:
+ Commands/BaseSkin.cs:
CS0101: Line 15: The namespace 'Server.Gumps' already contains a definition
for 'WindowInfo'
CS0101: Line 23: The namespace 'Server.Gumps' already contains a definition
for 'ButtonInfo'
CS0101: Line 42: The namespace 'Server.Gumps' already contains a definition
for 'BaseSkin'
CS0101: Line 215: The namespace 'Server.Gumps' already contains a definition
for 'SkinHelper'
+ Commands/GumpList.cs:
CS0101: Line 14: The namespace 'Server.Gumps' already contains a definition
for 'GumpList'
CS0101: Line 300: The namespace 'Server.Gumps' already contains a definition
for 'GumpListEntry'
Scripts: One or more scripts failed to compile or no script files were found.
- Press return to exit, or R to try again.
Scripts: Compiling C# scripts...

Another thing... when I'm in my admin account, what keywords do I say to create a gump?

TMSTKSBK

Lord
You must have two copies of the BaseSkin information. This system comes with the BaseSkin and all related classes/structs.
To look at a gump, say [sessiontest

It doesn't matter what folder it's in, btw...

(...I should probably get on with releasing a real version of this, eh?)

lemperor

Sorceror
Hello,

I'm switching over from the 3.0 version of this system and have run into a few problems. After installation and placing the skill stone the admin/owner is the only one who can use it. The players can click on the skill stone and get the gumps, but nothng happens when they click on them. They can't even close the settings gumps. Can someone shed some light on what i'm doing wrong here?

Thanks....

TMSTKSBK

Lord
whee :confused:...
Well that's new. For now, I'd ask that you go back to 3.0 if you can. I'll investigate that problem.