RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[RunUO 2.0 RC1] Toolbar

Joeku

Lord
[RunUO 2.0 RC1] Toolbar

Code:
/**************************************
*Script Name: Toolbar                 *
*Author: Joeku AKA Demortris          *
*For use with RunUO 2.0               *
*Client Tested with: 5.0.7.1          *
*Version: 1.31                        *
*Initial Release: 08/23/06            *
*Revision Date: 11/01/11              *
**************************************/
Changelog
  • Version 0.1 August 23, 2006 - Initial release.
  • Version 0.1 -> 1.0 November 5, 2006 - Full release. Command edit menu added, with customizable rows and columns. Marker tool is in the works. Skins added. Account tag serialization system dropped, persistance item serialization added. Sleeker design without "buttons" (you click on the text instead). Mount tool has been ditched. Planned future utilization of the TMSkin system.
  • Version 1.0 -> 1.1 Post #36 November 26, 2006 - Fixed an odd bug which would crash the shard if players somehow accessed the Toolbar. Added console warnings to activate in the event of this occurrance.
  • Version 1.1 -> 1.11 Post #44 November 27, 2006 - Fixed a compile error :eek:.
  • Version 1.11 -> 1.2 Post #51 November 28, 2006 - Removed the last two revisions. Changed account checking (now checks by account accesslevel rather than character accesslevel). When staff members log in, if their accesslevel is greater than their account's accesslevel, it automatically resolves it (console message is sent saying for what account and what character). Everything should be fine now. Also, normal words or phrases bound to the toolbar now pass through speech event handlers in the scripts.
  • Version 1.2 -> 1.21 Post #53 November 28, 2006 - Fixed a typo :mad:
  • Version 1.21 -> 1.3 Post #74 January 22, 2007 - Fixed a glitch that erased commands on row 1, columns 6-9, for Game Masters and above, when the Default button is clicked in the edit menu. Added 12 different fonts (accessible via the edit menu). Added Phantom mode (turns toolbar semi-transparent). Added Stealth mode upon request (toolbar automatically minimizes when used). Added Reverse mode (minimize bar is above the toolbar instead of below). Added Lock mode (toolbar will not close when right-clicked). Added Expanded View for the edit menu (gives 4x viewing area for each entry). Added a small (50px) "handle" at the end of the minimize bar (I was having trouble grabbing the very edge of the toolbar when I wanted to move it). Changed Skin #2 border buffer from 10px to 7px.
  • Version 1.3 -> 1.31 Other Thread November 1, 2011 - Thanks to Talow and AlphaDragon for making this fix! Toolbar is now re-sent if the user dies. Additionally, the Toolbar now will not disappear when customizing a house.
Description

This Toolbar is a complete rewrite of my old Alpha Command Toolbar, for staff use in-game. You have up to 9 columns and 15 rows of slots to bind commands or phrases to, that will dynamically format themselves to display in an easy-to-use GUI (the Toolbar itself). By default, different staff access levels are given different beginning commands.

Features
  • Easy setup and an easy-to-use GUI.
  • Expanded View for edit menu gives 4x viewing space.
  • Automatically saves information in an account tag.
  • Automatically senses the command prefix used on your server and utilizes it.
  • Small, concise gump saves you time and space.
  • Easy edit menu accessible via the "(?)" button.
  • Phantom mode makes the toolbar semi-transparent.
  • Stealth mode makes the toolbar automatically minimize after use.
  • Reverse mode puts the minimize bar above the toolbar instead of below.
  • Lock mode makes the toolbar unclosable with right-click.
  • 12 different display fonts to choose from.
Installation/Use

Drop Toolbar.cs in your custom scripts folder. When you log in, if you are a staff member, the toolbar will automatically pop up. If you close it, you can re-open it using <command prefix>Toolbar.

Previews
  1. Toolbar with 5 columns, 2 rows, skin #1 and font #1.
  2. Toolbar with 3 columns, 3 rows, skin #2 and font #9.
  3. Toolbar with 1 column, 15 rows, skin #1, font #4, Phantom mode and Reverse mode enabled.
  4. Edit menu (normal view).
  5. Edit menu (expanded view).
Thank you for downloading this program.

Attachments

• Preview_1.PNG
    Preview_1.PNG
    13.1 KB · Views: 1,436
  • Preview_2.PNG
    Preview_2.PNG
    16.7 KB · Views: 1,158
  • Preview_3.PNG
    Preview_3.PNG
    23.8 KB · Views: 1,238
  • Preview_4.PNG
    Preview_4.PNG
    81.1 KB · Views: 1,353
  • Preview_5.PNG
    Preview_5.PNG
    101.1 KB · Views: 1,001
  • Toolbar.cs
    35.4 KB · Views: 132

Erica

Knight
Awesome Question what does the speedboost command do exactly i am curious i said the command said its enabled so not sure what i enabled.

Joeku

Lord
SpeedBoost makes you move as fast as if you were mounted. To turn it off, use "<command prefix>SpeedBoost false" or exit your client.
You can't turn it off via the toolbar unless you customize a command and make it do so (currently, there's no way to customize it).

LNewman

Wanderer
Well, I did as you said and it works as advertised. It could not be easier to install and use. I notice everything worked as it should except the "?" did nothing. I assume this will be help when it's implemented and the "Dismount". Dismount does not seem to do anything.

Joeku

Lord
LNewman said:
I notice everything worked as it should except the "?" did nothing. I assume this will be help when it's implemented and the "Dismount". Dismount does not seem to do anything.
You're correct in your assumptions. I've edited my post accordingly to let everyone know that those buttons aren't supposed to work yet.

@David: thanks :p

Top Dog

Wanderer
Thanks for Script

Oh my God,

Thanks Ive been waiting for a more user frindly toolbar an bang here it is.

Great Work keep it up.

Makes life for Old Men like me a lot easyer being as we are Grand Masters of the Art Of Chicken Key Board Typing.

Feel the karma you have earned it.

thks,
:cool:

Joeku

Lord
You're all very welcome, I'm just glad to help. Here's a new feature that I'm planning:

• Location Mark - This menu will contain locations that you mark with the click of a button; you can have as many locations as you want, and you can create categories for them ("Cities", "Dungeons", etc.) You will be able to teleport to said location with a click of a button, and you will also be able to export runes and import runes/runebooks. By default, the menu will have all normal locations added (you will be able to disable this feature within the script before you install it, in case you have a customized map). I will use a method similar to A_Li_N's public gates to achieve this effect.
Sound good? It should take a few days to get it operational. But first, I have to finish the edit menu! :p

Johabius

Knight
Joeku said:
  • Location Mark - This menu will contain locations that you mark with the click of a button; you can have as many locations as you want, and you can create categories for them ("Cities", "Dungeons", etc.) You will be able to teleport to said location with a click of a button, and you will also be able to export runes and import runes/runebooks. By default, the menu will have all normal locations added (you will be able to disable this feature within the script before you install it, in case you have a customized map). I will use a method similar to A_Li_N's public gates to achieve this effect.
Sound good? It should take a few days to get it operational. But first, I have to finish the edit menu! :p

Sounds better than good! Will be popping this in for sure.

Joeku

Lord
By the way, I'm still totally open to suggestions. So far, I only have two "extras" plugins (the toolbar-mount and the location mark tool).

By the way, when I add the location mark tool, I'll probably have to stop using account tags and switch to a persistance item. Just letting everyone know (God knows why...)

Top Dog

Wanderer
Some Food for thought

Hey,

Heres something you may want to add. I know it would save me a butt load of time testing stuff if I could switch back an forth from staff to player at a flick of a switch.

Oh heres a side thought "I wish to secure this / I wish to release" this button.

Im on a roll here my last idea " The soft matter in my head is smoking " a drop down menu for pet commands or buttons for freq. used pet commands like stay, all follow me, all guard, and kill.

Just some ideas not the best but something to think about I guess.

Thks again for this great script.

Joeku

Lord
Top Dog said:
Hey,

Heres something you may want to add. I know it would save me a butt load of time testing stuff if I could switch back an forth from staff to player at a flick of a switch.
Crap! I forgot that I already had a list of stuff (includng the suggestion above)... here it is:
  • Individual Account Storage - all information for the toolbar will be stored in an account tag, serving for one toolbar per account.
  • Customizable Size - you will be able to determine the number of rows and columns of custom commands that you want (min. 1/1, max. 9/5) for up to 45 commands.
  • Compact/Concise - toolbar commands will be compact and concise, utilizing the space provided as best possible so as not to clog up space in your game window.
  • Easy Editing - the toolbar can be accessed through one simple Edit Menu, with all of the features at-hand and easy to change.
  • Built-In Ethereal - the toolbar will include an (optional) built-in ethereal, with preset mounts as well as a customizable mount value.
  • Built-In "Staff Stone" - the toolbar will include a built-in "Staff Stone" to allow staff members to easily switch to player form and back again, with a few key features such as auto-res on death and protection.
  • Coordinate Storage - an area will be set aside (pulled up from a single button) for you to store locations of any places you want to keep at-hand, allowing instant recall in staff and player form.
  • Skin Customization - different skins will be available to users, to tailor to his/her preference.
  • Transparency - you will be able to use a slider bar to set how transparent you want your toolbar (from 0% to 100% opacity).
  • Recent Commands - a list of recent commands will automatically be kept track of (minus the common ones, such as [Tele and [Who) so you can pull up whatever long thing you just typed and don't want to type again :D
  • Item Helper - an item helper will be included to alter items, such as moving, changing hues, names, and other things.
  • Art Menu - an art menu will be included so you can quickly browse and find what ID you are looking for. A search engine will also be included for this, so you can search for something by its name or its ID.
Top Dog said:
Oh heres a side thought "I wish to secure this / I wish to release" this button.

Im on a roll here my last idea " The soft matter in my head is smoking " a drop down menu for pet commands or buttons for freq. used pet commands like stay, all follow me, all guard, and kill.

Just some ideas not the best but something to think about I guess.

Thks again for this great script.
Well, you will be able to choose whether or not you want to use the command prefix for your button ("[" for default shards)... so you can make a normal row of buttons with whatever normal phrases that you want! :p

Thanks anyway for the suggestions.

Stilgar

Sorceror
Location Mark - This menu will contain locations that you mark with the click of a button; you can have as many locations as you want, and you can create categories for them ("Cities", "Dungeons", etc.) You will be able to teleport to said location with a click of a button, and you will also be able to export runes and import runes/runebooks. By default, the menu will have all normal locations added (you will be able to disable this feature within the script before you install it, in case you have a customized map). I will use a method similar to A_Li_N's public gates to achieve this effect.
Location mark is great idea!
But it will be better when we can send another clients to marked location via targeting. moreover a group send (like runuo's [group command) will be best :)
thanks anyway for your script.

Johabius

Knight
Ahh yea, a send to command in concert with this toolbar would be a great addition. Forgot to look to see if you have that in your planned updates or not.

Johabius

Knight
I don't know if it's in 2.0 or not, but one shard that I used to staff on had a command that when used, could send a player to the coordinates that you input. You could also use this with the area, region, and online modifiers.
Such as, [sendto x, y, z [area sendto x, y, z etc.
I just figured that with the mark location functionality that you have planned, an addition of the send to command might be a great addition as well;)

Joeku

Lord
Johabius said:
I don't know if it's in 2.0 or not, but one shard that I used to staff on had a command that when used, could send a player to the coordinates that you input. You could also use this with the area, region, and online modifiers.
Such as, [sendto x, y, z [area sendto x, y, z etc.
I just figured that with the mark location functionality that you have planned, an addition of the send to command might be a great addition as well;)
Oh...

Yeah I'll look into that. Shouldn't be too hard.

Joeku

Lord
Update!

Sorry about the long period of inactivity... I've been having some major computer issues lately, but that should be cured with a gig of RAM and a new processor :p
I'm still continuing this project. Sadly, I won't be able to use account tags to store the coordinates with the planned Mark/Teleport feature (well I could, but it would be extremely bloated) so I'm switching the system over to use a Persistance Item instead.

Again, sorry about that, folks. You should be expecting an update soon containing basic customization functions for the toolbar, and after that I'll get to the two plugins (Toolbar Mount and Mark/Teleport). Wish me luck!