RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[RunUO 2.0 RC1] Vhaerun's Painting v0.9 Beta

Vhaerun

Sorceror
Vhaerun's Painting v0.9b Beta

Vhaerun's Painting Craft System

My first (ongoing) attempt with a def craft script. This is an inscription-based painting craft system. All the paintings up to and including ML are included with this package as new items, so there shouldn't be any problem if you have distro paintings already on your shard.

This is in extreme beta stage. There are some certain things I'd like to include with this system but can't seem to get them to work. These include:

* Exceptional/MakersMark on the crafted paintings.
* Paintings needing more than just one item to create.

If anyone wants to tinker with this and make updates, go ahead and post them and I can include them and put co-author on it.

NOTE: The BasePainting.cs script was based off of Karmageddon's BaseFurniture.cs script in Karma's custom OWL system. It has some code remaining from that base, but the code is stable and works perfectly (save for the things I want to add above).

Another Note: You will need at least version 5.0.0 client for all the paintings, I think.

Instructions:
Unzip the attachment and drop the folders in your Scripts/Customs folder.
Restart shard.

Enjoy.

Attachments

• VhaerunPainting0.9c.zip
    5.9 KB · Views: 290

Vhaerun

Sorceror
CURRENT VERSION: 0.9c Beta

Changed: BasePainting.cs to BasePainting.cs.bak and paintings class from BasePainting to Item to remove resource problem.

Liacs

Sorceror
apparenty you even need the owl system for this to work properly? look at my errors:

Code:
Errors:
 + AAA CUSTOM SCRIPTS/VhaerunPainting0.9/Craft/BasePainting.cs:
    CS0117: Line 150: 'Server.Items.CraftResource' does not contain a definition
 for 'Log'
    CS0117: Line 188: 'Server.Items.CraftResource' does not contain a definition
 for 'Log'
    CS0117: Line 252: 'Server.Items.CraftResource' does not contain a definition
 for 'Pine'
    CS0117: Line 253: 'Server.Items.CraftResource' does not contain a definition
 for 'Cedar'
    CS0117: Line 254: 'Server.Items.CraftResource' does not contain a definition
 for 'Cherry'
    CS0117: Line 255: 'Server.Items.CraftResource' does not contain a definition
 for 'Mahogany'
    CS0117: Line 256: 'Server.Items.CraftResource' does not contain a definition
 for 'Willow'
    CS0117: Line 257: 'Server.Items.CraftResource' does not contain a definition
 for 'Ash'
    CS0117: Line 258: 'Server.Items.CraftResource' does not contain a definition
 for 'Maple'
    CS0117: Line 259: 'Server.Items.CraftResource' does not contain a definition
 for 'Elm'
    CS0117: Line 260: 'Server.Items.CraftResource' does not contain a definition
 for 'PurpleHeart'
    CS0117: Line 261: 'Server.Items.CraftResource' does not contain a definition
 for 'Spruce'
    CS0117: Line 262: 'Server.Items.CraftResource' does not contain a definition
 for 'Oak'
Can you provide us with the missing files?

Thanks a lot.

Lia

Vhaerun

Sorceror
Heh. There's always one other custom system that is integrated somewhere along the line. Sorry for the mixup. Here's a modified BasePainting.cs for you. I will be putting this in with the zip file as well.

EDIT:If you're having this problem, get the BasePainting.cs later in this thread. This one has been removed.

Liacs

Sorceror
Thanks a lot for the fast answer! :)

But still one error:

CS0117: Line 150: 'Server.Items.CraftResource' does not contain a definition
for 'Log'
CS0117: Line 188: 'Server.Items.CraftResource' does not contain a definition
for 'Log'

:(

Vhaerun

Sorceror
Hrm. Odd that the log isn't set as a base resource. Hm. I've modified the BasePainting.cs script to return "null" on the craft resource type in the serial/deserial. That -should- take care of it. If not, let me know and I'll see what I can do.

EDIT: No need for the BasePainting.cs script at this time. Try the 0.9c Beta version.

Liacs

Sorceror
I am so sorry, but it still doesn't work. I know, I am just a pain in the a... sorry!

Code:
Errors:
    CS0037: Line 188: Cannot convert null to 'Server.Items.CraftResource' becaus
e it is a value type

Vhaerun

Sorceror
Okay. My shard server admin just got home so going to check on this some more. Will update when I have a functional solution.

EDIT: I've uploaded version 0.9c, which removes the BasePainting.cs script and changes the classtype from BasePainting to Item in Paintings.cs. As I've said, it's in extreme beta stage, but it should now be completely stable on any shard.

Rosey1

Wanderer
it's awesome vhaerun! I think people will enjoy this!

I do have one question though. The paints, are they just deco? They look pretty cool though.

Vhaerun

Sorceror
Yeah, that's all they really are. My main thought was to do it so people needed to have paints to be able to paint.. however, when I tried to add the resource to the end of DefPainting, it kept erroring like crazy. I included it in case someone can figure it out. I couldn't.

koluch

Sorceror
Very Nice!

Vhaerun said:
Yeah, that's all they really are. My main thought was to do it so people needed to have paints to be able to paint.. however, when I tried to add the resource to the end of DefPainting, it kept erroring like crazy. I included it in case someone can figure it out. I couldn't.
I added :
Jars - crafted on glassblowing
3 jars and dye makes paint on same in assemblies
Getting the poitraits to take the paint and the canvas - which I added to the carpentry menu - now.
Want me to post them???

Very nice crafting addition!

Koluch

Vhaerun

Sorceror
Yes, that would be great. I don't mind slight alterations and I'll include anything like that in the custom scripts and list you as co-author ;)

Right now, I'm working heavily on a new, huge cooking system my co-admin wants badly, so this has kinda been back-burnered a bit for me.

koluch

Sorceror
Craft Additions

CORRECTED V2 Attached

* Carpentry uses boards and clothe to make the canvas
* Glassblowing makes the red, green, yellow, blue and clear jars - I didnt get to continue making red paint, green paint, etc. using a Green Jar and Dyes to require for the say Green Poitrait taking Green Paint and a canvas, Ill post that as soon as I can.
* Glassblowing makes the Paints with 3 jars and one Dye
* DefPainting uses a canvas and a set of Paints to make a painting

** All scripts are maked as to /*ADDED*/ /*END ADD*/ so you only put the part in you need, nothing of mine that is custom:)

Remove the old code from the DefPainting not being used - I'm sorry, I have been up all weekend and Im just too tired to see straight anymore:confused:

I'll still be working to get the BasePainting script going once I get some sleep to have the Makers Mark work.

Again, a very nice script I know my crafters are just going to thoroughly enjoy!

Koluch

If I missed something let me know.....

Attachments

• Additions to Painting-v2.zip
    8.9 KB · Views: 98

Vhaerun

Sorceror
Woot. That sounds great. Thank you very much for the addition. I still can't get the maker's mark to show up. If you can get it working, I'll put up a full script including the additions and the improvements. Thanks again :)

koluch

Sorceror
A cliloc correction - sorry

On the DefCarpentry, this //ADDED// section should be this:

Code:
[SIZE=2][COLOR=#008000]/*ADDED*/ [/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2]index [/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#006400]= [/COLOR][/SIZE][B][SIZE=2][COLOR=#191970]AddCraft[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#006400]( [/COLOR][/SIZE][B][SIZE=2][COLOR=#008b8b]typeof[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#006400]( [/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2]Canvas [/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#006400]), [/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#00008b]1044290[/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#006400],[/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]"canvas"[/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#006400], [/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#00008b]100.0[/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#006400], [/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#00008b]125.0[/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#006400], [/COLOR][/SIZE][B][SIZE=2][COLOR=#008b8b]typeof[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#006400]( [/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2]Log [/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#006400]), [/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#00008b]1044041[/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#006400], [/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#00008b]30[/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#006400], [/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#00008b]1044351 [/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#006400]);
[/COLOR][/SIZE][B][SIZE=2][COLOR=#191970]AddSkill[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#006400]( [/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2]index[/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#006400], [/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2]SkillName[/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#006400].[/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2]Tailoring[/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#006400], [/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#00008b]75.0[/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#006400], [/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#00008b]90.0 [/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#006400]);
[/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#008000]/*END*/ [/COLOR][/SIZE][B][SIZE=2][COLOR=#191970]AddRes[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#006400]( [/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2]index[/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#006400], [/COLOR][/SIZE][B][SIZE=2][COLOR=#008b8b]typeof[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#006400]( [/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2]Cloth [/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#006400]), [/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#00008b]1044286[/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#006400], [/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#00008b]20[/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#006400], [/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#00008b]1044287 [/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#006400]);[/COLOR][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][COLOR=#006400][/COLOR][/SIZE] 
[SIZE=2][COLOR=#006400]
[/COLOR][/SIZE]

I had the wrong number there so it said it wanted iron rather than cloth.

My appologies.

Koluch