RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[RunUO 2.0 RC1] XmlPoints - pvp dueling and challenge game system

ArteGordon

Wanderer
llessur1 said:
why do they keep showning xml scripts for 2.0 wen they wont work with out a xml spawnber i did it 100 times and its the same thing GET RID OF ALL THE XML SCRIPTS CUS THEY DONT WORK

you need to install xmlspawner for these to work as described in the installation instructions. You can find it here
http://runuo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=70748
There are other installation steps that you will need to follow as well in order for this system to work.

ArteGordon

Wanderer
DarkOs said:
how do i change the interface language?

Individual players can set the language that it uses for them with the [pointslanguage command.

from xmlpoints.txt
- added a language translation system that allows individual players to see points-related text in their selected language. The default language for a shard can be specified in XmlPoints in the SystemLanguage static variable (ENGLISH by default). Individual players can change their language by issuing the "[pointslanguage language" command. Presently only english is available. Anyone who is willing to provide additional language translations, simply make a copy of the EnglishText.cs file, translate the text that it contains into the target language, and send it to me. I will include it with full acknowledgements. (thanks to sUpplier1 for the suggestion).

spanish and portuguese are also available.

(edit)

the way a player would use this would be to issue a command like

[pointslanguage spanish

and from then on all text would be in spanish. This only has to be done once and it will keep that setting for that player. You can issue the command as many times as you like, any time you like, to change it to something else.

ArteGordon

Wanderer
Suil Ban said:
How can I make all the games but [challenge startable by GMs only?

in XmlPoints.cs in the Initialize method, change the accesslevel for the commands as you like

Code:
			CommandSystem.Register( "PointsLanguage", AccessLevel.Player, new CommandEventHandler( Language_OnCommand ) );
			CommandSystem.Register( "Challenge", AccessLevel.Player, new CommandEventHandler( Challenge_OnCommand ) );
			CommandSystem.Register( "LMSChallenge", AccessLevel.Player, new CommandEventHandler( LMSChallenge_OnCommand ) );
			CommandSystem.Register( "TeamLMSChallenge", AccessLevel.Player, new CommandEventHandler( TeamLMSChallenge_OnCommand ) );
			CommandSystem.Register( "Deathmatch", AccessLevel.Player, new CommandEventHandler( Deathmatch_OnCommand ) );
			CommandSystem.Register( "TeamDeathmatch", AccessLevel.Player, new CommandEventHandler( TeamDeathmatch_OnCommand ) );
			CommandSystem.Register( "DeathBall", AccessLevel.Player, new CommandEventHandler( DeathBall_OnCommand ) );
			CommandSystem.Register( "KingOfTheHill", AccessLevel.Player, new CommandEventHandler( KingOfTheHill_OnCommand ) );
			CommandSystem.Register( "TeamDeathBall", AccessLevel.Player, new CommandEventHandler( TeamDeathBall_OnCommand ) );
			CommandSystem.Register( "TeamKotH", AccessLevel.Player, new CommandEventHandler( TeamKotH_OnCommand ) );
			CommandSystem.Register( "CTFChallenge", AccessLevel.Player, new CommandEventHandler( CTFChallenge_OnCommand ) );
			CommandSystem.Register( "SystemBroadcastKills", AccessLevel.GameMaster, new CommandEventHandler( SystemBroadcastKills_OnCommand ) );
			CommandSystem.Register( "SeeKills", AccessLevel.Player, new CommandEventHandler( SeeKills_OnCommand ) );
			CommandSystem.Register( "BroadcastKills", AccessLevel.Player, new CommandEventHandler( BroadcastKills_OnCommand ) );
			CommandSystem.Register( "CheckPoints", AccessLevel.Player, new CommandEventHandler( CheckPoints_OnCommand ) );
			CommandSystem.Register( "TopPlayers", AccessLevel.Player, new CommandEventHandler( TopPlayers_OnCommand ) );
			CommandSystem.Register( "AddAllPoints", AccessLevel.Administrator, new CommandEventHandler( AddAllPoints_OnCommand ) );
			CommandSystem.Register( "RemoveAllPoints", AccessLevel.Administrator, new CommandEventHandler( RemoveAllPoints_OnCommand ) );
			CommandSystem.Register( "LeaderboardSave", AccessLevel.Administrator, new CommandEventHandler( LeaderboardSave_OnCommand ) );

You can also restrict the challenge game buttons in the points gump by adding this mod to the PointsGump code around line 2500

Code:
                    // add the challenge button
                    AddLabel(x1 + 30, 190, 55, a.Text(200229));   // "Challenge"
                    AddButton(x1, 190, 0xFAB, 0xFAD, 400, GumpButtonType.Reply, 0);
[color=red]
                    if (from.AccessLevel >= AccessLevel.GameMaster)
                    {[/color]
                        // add the last man standing challenge button
                        AddLabel(x2 + 30, 190, 55, a.Text(200230));   // "LMS"
                        AddButton(x2, 190, 0xFAB, 0xFAD, 401, GumpButtonType.Reply, 0);

// add the deathmatch challenge button
                        AddLabel(x3 + 30, 190, 55, a.Text(200231));  // "Deathmatch"
                        AddButton(x3, 190, 0xFAB, 0xFAD, 403, GumpButtonType.Reply, 0);

// add the kingofthehill challenge button
                        AddLabel(x1 + 30, 215, 55, a.Text(200232));  // "KotH"
                        AddButton(x1, 215, 0xFAB, 0xFAD, 404, GumpButtonType.Reply, 0);

// add the deathball challenge button
                        AddLabel(x2 + 30, 215, 55, a.Text(200233));  // "DeathBall"
                        AddButton(x2, 215, 0xFAB, 0xFAD, 405, GumpButtonType.Reply, 0);

// add the teamlms challenge button
                        AddLabel(x3 + 30, 215, 55, a.Text(200234));  // "Team LMS"
                        AddButton(x3, 215, 0xFAB, 0xFAD, 406, GumpButtonType.Reply, 0);

// add the team deathmatch challenge button
                        AddLabel(x1 + 30, 240, 55, a.Text(200235));   // "Team DMatch"
                        AddButton(x1, 240, 0xFAB, 0xFAD, 407, GumpButtonType.Reply, 0);

// add the team deathball challenge button
                        AddLabel(x2 + 30, 240, 55, a.Text(200236));  // "Team DBall"
                        AddButton(x2, 240, 0xFAB, 0xFAD, 408, GumpButtonType.Reply, 0);

// add the team KotH challenge button
                        AddLabel(x3 + 30, 240, 55, a.Text(200237));  // "Team KotH"
                        AddButton(x3, 240, 0xFAB, 0xFAD, 409, GumpButtonType.Reply, 0);

// add the CTF challenge button
                        AddLabel(x1 + 30, 265, 55, a.Text(200238));  // "CTF"
                        AddButton(x1, 265, 0xFAB, 0xFAD, 410, GumpButtonType.Reply, 0);
                    [color=red]}[/color]

Melantus

Sorceror
We are find little expoit. This system make possible PK travel to continent Malas and hunt here. Red's simply use
[challenge command, choose luna grand arena, next leave this location and hunt freely

Hazey

Wanderer
I followed Installation steps, step-by-step. Including the XMLSpawner2 script and came out with some compile errors:
Code:
Errors:
[b][COLOR="DarkGreen"] + Customized/Customs/Systems/XML/1 of 3/XmlSpawner2.cs:[/COLOR][/b]
    [COLOR="Red"]CS0029: Line 9451: Cannot implicitly convert type 'System.Collections.ArrayL
ist' to 'System.Collections.Generic.List<Server.Tile>'[/COLOR]
[b][COLOR="DarkGreen"] + Customized/Defaults/Misc/Notoriety.cs:[/COLOR][/b]
    [COLOR="Red"]CS0117: Line 84: 'Server.Mobiles.BaseCreature' does not contain a definition
 for 'Controled'[/COLOR]

What should I do?

ArteGordon

Wanderer
Hazey;630721 said:
I followed Installation steps, step-by-step. Including the XMLSpawner2 script and came out with some compile errors:
Code:
Errors:
[b][COLOR="DarkGreen"] + Customized/Customs/Systems/XML/1 of 3/XmlSpawner2.cs:[/COLOR][/b]
    [COLOR="Red"]CS0029: Line 9451: Cannot implicitly convert type 'System.Collections.ArrayL
ist' to 'System.Collections.Generic.List<Server.Tile>'[/COLOR]
[b][COLOR="DarkGreen"] + Customized/Defaults/Misc/Notoriety.cs:[/COLOR][/b]
    [COLOR="Red"]CS0117: Line 84: 'Server.Mobiles.BaseCreature' does not contain a definition
 for 'Controled'[/COLOR]

What should I do?

Look at the Latest News at the beginning of the main post in the XmlSpawner2 thread for the first error.

For the second error, go to line 84 in Notoriety.cs and change 'Controled' to 'Controlled'.

(edit)

I fixed the 'Controlled' typo in the installation instructions shown in the main post. Thanks.

Hazey

Wanderer
Alright. That fixed the compile errors, now I went to test the [challenge system and used a player on player and it tells me this:
"No XMLPoints Support"

Unless its saying this because im using 2 players from the same IP address.

I know I installed everything correctly:
XMLSpawner 1 of 3 - [Installed]
XMLSpawner 2 of 3 - [Installed]
XMLSpawner 3 of 3 - [Installed]
XML Support - [Installed]
XMLPoints 1 of 2 - [Installed]
XMLPoints 2 of 2 - [Installed]
and every script that I was shown to edit, was edited.

I wana guess its just the IP address conflict and I need to test it on my public server which I cant ATM because my host is not around right now.

ArteGordon

Wanderer
Hazey;630881 said:
Alright. That fixed the compile errors, now I went to test the [challenge system and used a player on player and it tells me this:
"No XMLPoints Support"

Unless its saying this because im using 2 players from the same IP address.

I know I installed everything correctly:
XMLSpawner 1 of 3 - [Installed]
XMLSpawner 2 of 3 - [Installed]
XMLSpawner 3 of 3 - [Installed]
XML Support - [Installed]
XMLPoints 1 of 2 - [Installed]
XMLPoints 2 of 2 - [Installed]
and every script that I was shown to edit, was edited.

I wana guess its just the IP address conflict and I need to test it on my public server which I cant ATM because my host is not around right now.

it isnt an address conflict, you just need to add the points attachments to the existing players.
You can do this with the

[addallpoints

command.
This is completely reversible and you only need to do this once when you are initially setting up the system. To remove the attachments use the

[removeallpoints

To have the points attachment automatically added to all new players, follow installation step #4

Hazey

Wanderer
Alright thank you, that works.
Sorry to give you so much BS, but now I have 1 last problem that I see.

[add ChallengeRegionStone

I get target to add this stone and when I click a spot to add it I get this in the game:

"Usage: ChallengeRegionStone"
Am I forgeting something again, or is there an error somewhere?

ArteGordon

Wanderer
hmm, that command

[add ChallengeRegionStone

should work. What version of the server are you using? RC1? The latest SVN?

Hazey

Wanderer
Im using RunUO 2.0 RC1 yes. The latest release.
I also found that the LBSStone when double clicked always says off when double clicked. it doesn't switch from off to on.

ArteGordon

Wanderer
Hazey;630899 said:
Im using RunUO 2.0 RC1 yes. The latest release.
I also found that the LBSStone when double clicked always says off when double clicked. it doesn't switch from off to on.

double clicking does not toggle the save state, it just reports the current settings.
To turn on leaderboard saves, use the "[leaderboardsave filename" command. To turn them off use "[leaderboardsave off"

- added the "[LeaderboardSave [filename [minutes [nentries]]][off]" command that can be run by administrators to enable/disable the periodic saving of xml leaderboard information to the specified file (thanks to stormwolff for the idea). Once turned on, it will continue to save the updated leaderboard at regular intervals. The number of ranked players to be saved can optionally be specified (default is 20). Setting this to zero saves all players. Leaderboard saving is off by default.

Hazey

Wanderer
Lol, alright sorry bout that. I dont read anything from books to newspapers.. I hate it and when I read I naturally just scan it I cannot read line by line, i think it has alot to do with A.D.D., but thank you. Anyhow what do you suggest about the ChallengeRegionStone problem?

ArteGordon

Wanderer
Hazey;631025 said:
Lol, alright sorry bout that. I dont read anything from books to newspapers.. I hate it and when I read I naturally just scan it I cannot read line by line, i think it has alot to do with A.D.D., but thank you. Anyhow what do you suggest about the ChallengeRegionStone problem?

I'm stumped on the problem adding a challengeregionstone. That error would indicate that it is trying to construct the object but it is encountering an error.
Maybe try adding it to a different location.
I would also make sure that you have the right version of challengeregionstone.cs. The one in the package is dated 6/30/06.

Hazey

Wanderer
Alright actually im gonna go through everything again, because I finally had the chance to test this script out on my server publicly and I must of forgot some things because its not working properly, such as Me sending duel to girlfriend and we get sent to jhelom pits. I kill her and she stays dead and after resurrected we are still hostile/Orange to eachother and able to fight anywhere and it doesnt count the duel as win and send us back to our previous location. So like I said I have something I must of missed, ill let you know if the shits working properly after I look it over

ArteGordon

Wanderer
Hazey;631085 said:
Alright actually im gonna go through everything again, because I finally had the chance to test this script out on my server publicly and I must of forgot some things because its not working properly, such as Me sending duel to girlfriend and we get sent to jhelom pits. I kill her and she stays dead and after resurrected we are still hostile/Orange to eachother and able to fight anywhere and it doesnt count the duel as win and send us back to our previous location. So like I said I have something I must of missed, ill let you know if the shits working properly after I look it over

yeah, you missed an installation step.

STEP 1:
Install the latest XmlSpawner2 package. You can find it here (http://www.runuo.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69750). You must perform installation step 6 from the XmlSpawner2 thread otherwise the system wont recognize kills.

which is

STEP 6: (recommended but not required)
To allow the XmlQuest killtask keywords KILL and KILLNAMED to be applied to players providing a contract kill system, one line must be added to ReportMurderer.cs (Scripts/Gumps/ReportMurderer.cs) as described below (note, you dont have to make this mod if you dont want to, the spawner and other items will work just fine without it, the KILL and KILLNAMED features simply wont work when specifying players as the targets).
This is also required to allow the attachment system to register kills (through the OnKill or OnKilled methods). Some addons such as XmlPoints require this.

around line 64 of ReportMurderer.cs change

Titles.AwardKarma( g, karmaAward, true );

to

Titles.AwardKarma( g, karmaAward, true );
// modification to support XmlQuest Killtasks of players
Server.Items.XmlQuest.RegisterKill( m, g);