RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[RunUO 2.0]Shard GPS system (display players & houses on map)

unixfreak

Sorceror
[RunUO 2.0]Shard GPS system (display players & houses on map)

What is this?

Combination of RunUO script and PHP scripts that will display players & player houses "live" at webpage.
When you hover you mouse over the "player dot" it will show its name.

Preview:

Demo(not live)

Locate Luna on map to see "players"

What do you need to make this work?
  • Webserver like Apache, Ngnix...
  • PHP 5
  • RunUo server... (doooh)
How does this work?
Simple, you can set up in script either to generate locations at each worldsave
or you can use commands ingame [gpsplayer or [gpshouse

How to use this?
  1. Drop UOGPS.sc to some custom scripts directory.
  2. Open UOGPS.cs and read comments on how to set up.
  3. Copy unzipped files from web_part.zip to webdir.
  4. Unzip maps.zip(see download link at bottom of this post) and copy maps folder to webdir you have created.
  5. The .xml files are generated by UOGPS.cs script and should be in same directory as your .php files.
  6. Use ingame [gpsplayer to generate current online players locations
  7. Use ingame [gpshouse to generate all player owned houses locations
How should my directory look like?
Code:
/var/www/gps
│   house.gif
│   mark.gif
│   playersFelucca.php
│   playersHouseFelucca.php
│   playersHouseIlshenar.php
│   playersHouseMalas.php
│   playersHousePosistion.xml
│   playersHouseTokuno.php
│   playersHouseTrammel.php
│   playersIlshenar.php
│   playersMalas.php
│   playersPosistion.xml
│   playersTokuno.php
│   playersTrammel.php
└───maps
       Felucca.jpg
       Ilshenar.jpg
       Malas.jpg
       Tokuno.jpg
       Trammel.jpg

Since forums have max upload size, I placed maps.zip file to my own hosting...
Maps.zip

Attachments

• UOGPS.cs
    7.9 KB · Views: 91
  • web_part.zip
    8.9 KB · Views: 95

oiii88

Sorceror
Now this is a really nice addition. A shard I played years ago only had around 40 players and 2 were PKs and finding their home took a long time for those looking for vengeance. A system like this would have made it so much easier :D

Thilgon

Sorceror
oiii88;852167 said:
Now this is a really nice addition. A shard I played years ago only had around 40 players and 2 were PKs and finding their home took a long time for those looking for vengeance. A system like this would have made it so much easier :D

Or, it would have been easier for PK to come and get YOU :p Notice this system will screw you hidden anywhere, publish your house to anyone, generally making life easier for PK...
I personally don't appreciate it in a game, but it's a good scripting example :)

unixfreak

Sorceror
Thilgon;852183 said:
Or, it would have been easier for PK to come and get YOU :p Notice this system will screw you hidden anywhere, publish your house to anyone, generally making life easier for PK...
I personally don't appreciate it in a game, but it's a good scripting example :)
Thanks for replies,
It is flexible as you can disable housegen but leave playergen availible, and if you "edit" it abit you can disable name display =) but yeah this could be a "paradise" for pk's :)

Pure Insanity

Sorceror
Pretty neat idea. If anything it would be a useful staff tool that could be used to figure out where everyone and their houses are at a quick glance. I suggest maybe making it remember where people are when they log off. That way it can track everyone, online or not (if it doesn't already.) Would make it easy for staff to figure out where the popular places are, where people tend to hang out, what paths they take, ect. So then they could maybe decide to add some new hard spawns down people's favorite paths, or anything. To spice the game up or make it slightly harder.

Oh, and if I might also suggest. Make it possible to just automate the command. Kinda like how the Wipe Duplicate Items command works, that Vorpsire wrote. Here's the link if you don't know what I'm talking about.

http://www.runuo.com/forums/custom-...-command-wipe-duplicate-items.html#post819843

unixfreak

Sorceror
James420;852201 said:
Pretty neat idea. If anything it would be a useful staff tool that could be used to figure out where everyone and their houses are at a quick glance. I suggest maybe making it remember where people are when they log off. That way it can track everyone, online or not (if it doesn't already.) Would make it easy for staff to figure out where the popular places are, where people tend to hang out, what paths they take, ect. So then they could maybe decide to add some new hard spawns down people's favorite paths, or anything. To spice the game up or make it slightly harder.
Curretnly shows only online people, but I can add the generate logout location/offline player
James420;852201 said:
Oh, and if I might also suggest. Make it possible to just automate the command. Kinda like how the Wipe Duplicate Items command works, that Vorpsire wrote. Here's the link if you don't know what I'm talking about.

http://www.runuo.com/forums/custom-...-command-wipe-duplicate-items.html#post819843
You can choose either to generate locations on each world save(by default switched on) with
Code:
PlayersLGenAtSave = true;
PlayersHGenAtSave = true;

Iraq-

Sorceror
This would be very nice for a guild to use, if it were to be tweaked a bit to only show party/guild/alliance.

I can see this script taking off :)