RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[RunUO 2.0, SVN] Guaranteed Gain System & Rate Over Time System [OSI like]

[RunUO 2.0, SVN] Guaranteed Gain System & Rate Over Time System [OSI like]

I've released this systems for my shard and now I want to make a present for you. This is Guaranteed Gain System like the one used on OSI servers, and additionally Rate-over-Time system used on Siege Perilous.

Attachments

• GGS & ROT.zip
    78.5 KB · Views: 581

skills3200

Sorceror
I was just wondering what would happen with anti-macro turned off and the gain system would they conflict in anyways?

The idea of garenteed gain is great due to those long crafting gains lol

LordHogFred

Knight
Could you post the changes made to the distro scripts please as I've got heavily modified scripts of which SkillCheck.cs is included.

LordHogFred;689138 said:
Could you post the changes made to the distro scripts please as I've got heavily modified scripts of which SkillCheck.cs is included.

Just open Patch\SkillCheck.patch file with notepad. :)

skills3200

Sorceror
Hmm i have noticed that using this system will allow players to gain there skills past the skill cap enforced by the shard i am guessing this is something to do with the mods made to skillcheck.cs

any idea's on how i can fix this?

skills3200;734269 said:
Hmm i have noticed that using this system will allow players to gain there skills past the skill cap enforced by the shard i am guessing this is something to do with the mods made to skillcheck.cs

any idea's on how i can fix this?

How its possible? I didn't edit those parts of SkillCheck in order to have possibility to gain outside the skill cup limits.That's I've added:

Code:
if ( from.Alive && ( ( gc >= Utility.RandomDouble() && AllowGain( from, skill, amObj ) ) || skill.Base < 10.0 || [COLOR="Red"]( GuaranteedGainSystem.Enabled && GuaranteedGainSystem.ForceSkillGain( from, skill )[/COLOR] ) ) )
				Gain( from, skill );

But, if you see, I didn't edit Gain( from, skill ) function itself.

skills3200

Sorceror
Yup sorry about that seems i missed a few things when i was adding the patch manually all seems to be working fine thanks :)

Mideon

Page
I missed this submission initially! This is absolutely amazing thanks again for another amazing submission Prohor.

I've converted this thing to 1.0, if I feel it's a solid conversion I'll likely post it with a link to your submission and all credit to you of course. Great work!

ntony

Sorceror
Prohor Meletevich;734585 said:
How its possible? I didn't edit those parts of SkillCheck in order to have possibility to gain outside the skill cup limits.That's I've added:

Code:
if ( from.Alive && ( ( gc >= Utility.RandomDouble() && AllowGain( from, skill, amObj ) ) || skill.Base < 10.0 || [COLOR="Red"]( GuaranteedGainSystem.Enabled && GuaranteedGainSystem.ForceSkillGain( from, skill )[/COLOR] ) ) )
				Gain( from, skill );

But, if you see, I didn't edit Gain( from, skill ) function itself.

I think this line restricts the skill gain over skill cap

Code:
public static void Gain( Mobile from, Skill skill )
		{
			if ( from.Region.IsPartOf( typeof( Regions.Jail ) ) )
				return;

if ( from is BaseCreature && ((BaseCreature)from).IsDeadPet )
				return;

if ( skill.SkillName == SkillName.Focus && from is BaseCreature )
				return;

[COLOR="Red"]if ( skill.Base < skill.Cap && skill.Lock == SkillLock.Up )[/COLOR]
			{
				int toGain = 1;

if ( skill.Base <= 10.0 )
					toGain = Utility.Random( 4 ) + 1;