RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[RunUO 2.0 SVN] Holiday Gift Giving Package

LordHogFred

Knight
[RunUO 2.0 SVN] Holiday Gift Giving Package

Hi guys,

Been a long time since I actually submitted something so I thought I should :p.

NOTE: XmlSpawner is required for this package to work.

FEATURES:
- Distributes gifts for holidays from a central stone wherever you place it.
- Each stone can support a different holiday event.
- Gifts given inherit from BaseHolidayGift which has holiday name and year properties, so no need to code new items every year for each holiday.
- HolidayGiftBox can be easily edited to support different holiday events.
- A minimum age for each stone can be set and the stone can be disabled after the event.
- Once a player has received their gifts a Date attachment is added which prevents them from getting another gift for that holiday again until next year.

At the moment this is set up to support Christmas along with all current Christmas gifts inherited from BaseHolidayGift. However, adding another holiday is very simple and I will very likely be releasing updates when new holiday events come about :).

I decided to do this as I A) could never get the default gift giver to work properly and B) because I like the idea of players going to get their gifts rather than automatically receiving them.

Enjoy :)

P.S: At the moment all of my gifts are set to be "from" my staff and characters, you may want to change these to suit your shard better.

EDIT: Added the missing BaseHolidayGift script.

Attachments

• HolidayGifts.zip
    25.6 KB · Views: 175

JoshyB

Sorceror
Hi.. Looks good .. HOWEVER seems to be missing the baseholidaygift script. I am using xml spawner and i checked that directory its not there either ..

oiii88

Sorceror
JoshyB;824490 said:
Hi.. Looks good .. HOWEVER seems to be missing the baseholidaygift script. I am using xml spawner and i checked that directory its not there either ..

It is with-in the file I mentioned \HolidayGifts\Xmas Gifts\XmasDeed.cs... As can be seen from the code below.

Code:
namespace Server.Items
{
   	public class XmasDeed : BaseHolidayGift
   	{
      	[Constructable]
      	public XmasDeed(int year)
      	{
            ItemID = 0x14F0;
         	Movable = true;
			Hue = Utility.RandomList( m_Hues );
         	Name = "A Gift Certificate";
            HolidayName = "Christmas";
            HolidayYear = year;
			LootType = LootType.Blessed;
      	}

JoshyB

Sorceror
oiii88;824491 said:
It is with-in the file I mentioned \HolidayGifts\Xmas Gifts\XmasDeed.cs... As can be seen from the code below.

Code:
namespace Server.Items
{
   	public class XmasDeed : BaseHolidayGift
   	{
      	[Constructable]
      	public XmasDeed(int year)
      	{
            ItemID = 0x14F0;
         	Movable = true;
			Hue = Utility.RandomList( m_Hues );
         	Name = "A Gift Certificate";
            HolidayName = "Christmas";
            HolidayYear = year;
			LootType = LootType.Blessed;
      	}

Dude .. that is just a reference in the xmasdeed script TO the baseholidaygift script.. every xmas gift in that package has the same refernce to the same script HOWEVER , the baseholidayscript itself is missing.

bazspeed

Sorceror
Trying to run this on SVN system. Keeps asking about XmlSpawner2. Can you help me on this one? Do I need to get an XML spawner from somewhere?

sexylady

Sorceror
ye i have just had a look and there have stop people sigh up i put in on here for u

Attachments

• XmlSpawner 3.26c.zip
    1 MB · Views: 8