RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[RunUO 2.0 SVN][Mono Ready] Running server without the scripts source code

bacca87

Wanderer
[RunUO 2.0 SVN][Mono Ready] Running server without the scripts source code

If your shard is on a Third-Party hosting, you must upload the source code remotely and compile it.

This isn't a good idea if you want protect your work or update many scripts!!!

Now you can start your server with only the precompiled DLL.

How to install:
Extract the archive into server directory and replace the files.

Usage:

Running server without source code:
Code:
[COLOR="SeaGreen"]#Windows[/COLOR]
runuo.exe

[COLOR="SeaGreen"]#Mono[/COLOR]
mono runuo.exe

--

[U]N.B.[/U] The Server will load the DLL only!!! if dll does not exist, it will try to rebuild all.

[COLOR="Red"]WARNING: The Scripts.CS.dll must be into /Scripts/Output/ directory.[/COLOR]

Running server and build source code:
Code:
[COLOR="SeaGreen"]#Windows[/COLOR]
runuo.exe [COLOR="Blue"][B]-compilescripts[/B][/COLOR]

[COLOR="SeaGreen"]#Mono[/COLOR]
mono runuo.exe [COLOR="Blue"][B]-compilescripts[/B][/COLOR]

enjoy it!!

Attachments

• server.zip
    9.2 KB · Views: 85

TheNorthStar

Sorceror
This is a neat idea, but I'm a big fan of sharing code. Sharing code is how I learned to program, by seeing how others did it. I have to admit though, this seems like a handy way to keep a server updated, if I understand it correctly. Basically I could precompile all the scripts on my local server, then upload 1 file to the remote server and have it be fully updated with every change I've made, correct? That sounds quite handy.

Cheers, and thanks for sharing this. :)

ft2085267

Sorceror
This really is a very good project
But I do not know how to do
Can help me?

Details point to tell me please?

Thanks..:D

Rasmenar

Sorceror
Man, you're awesome. Just got access to a third party host, this makes it SO much easier to update my live data.

Question tho. I collaborate with another programmer. Would I have to compile his scripts in my local server, then upload the DLL, or would he be able to compile his own seperately, and add them to the server himself?