RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[RunUO 2.0 SVN] Movable Addons and Flying Carpets

ps again - a fyi fix

for the magic thread, to make it so you can add more than 1 at a time in game, or use in script to add more than one (new MagicThread(5) etc)

change the top to look like this

Code:
namespace Server.Items
{
	public class MagicThread : Item
	{

[Constructable]
		public MagicThread() : this(1){}

[Constructable]
		public MagicThread(int amount) : base( 4000 )
		{
			Name = "Magic Thread";
			Weight = 0.1;
			Stackable = true;
			Amount = amount;
			Hue = 1152;
		}

*edited to place in the {} i forgot lol

azcopper

Wanderer
Error Message

Hey folks.. Looking forward to trying this out. Have a few errors though -

RunUO - [www.runuo.com] Version 2.0, Build 2357.32527
Core: Running on .NET Framework Version 2.0.50727
Scripts: Compiling C# scripts...failed (5 errors, 1 warnings)
Warnings:

Errors:
+ Custom Scripts/Movable Addons/Flying Carpet/Gumps/FlyingCarpetConfigGump.cs:
CS0234: Line 6: The type or namespace name 'CliLocHandler' does not exist in
the namespace 'Solaris' (are you missing an assembly reference?)
+ Custom Scripts/Movable Addons/Flying Carpet/Gumps/FlyingCarpetControlGump.cs:

+ Custom Scripts/Movable Addons/Gumps/MovableAddonConfigGump.cs:
+ Custom Scripts/Movable Addons/Gumps/MovableAddonControlGump.cs:
CS0234: Line 7: The type or namespace name 'CliLocHandler' does not exist in
+ Custom Scripts/Movable Addons/MovableAddonControlComponent.cs:
CS0234: Line 5: The type or namespace name 'CliLocHandler' does not exist in
Scripts: One or more scripts failed to compile or no script files were found.
- Press return to exit, or R to try again.

Thilgon

Sorceror
Compatibility

NOTE: this system requires the CliLoc Handler project to function. After that, this has been tested and proven to work on a fresh download of the following:

* RunUO 2.0 SVN 300
* RunUO 2.0 RC1 ( see this link for details on setting it up)

Read before asking help...

Fenn

Wanderer
azcopper;794109 said:
Hey folks.. Looking forward to trying this out. Have a few errors though -

Errors:
+ Custom Scripts/Movable Addons/Flying Carpet/Gumps/FlyingCarpetConfigGump.cs:

Yea, I used my CliLoc Handler system to access the name of the fuel source for the carpet. I suppose I could make it optional, if people don't use fuel for their carpets, or don't mind a more generic name.

But I figure the CliLoc Handler system is such a handy little tool, so why not get it? :)

Thilgon

Sorceror
oh Fenn, by the way, i was wondering...
This Movable Addon System, can surely be used to create cart, wagons and such, right?
(all things a fantasy-style shard could have a great benefit from)
haven't digged in it still :p, but i'll apply to it... my biggest question is how attach an horse to a cart, and keep having the horse motion animation lol

azcopper

Wanderer
Thanks

Thanks Fenn for the awesome script. My apologies for not seeing the link... Don't know why I missed that...

Fenn

Wanderer
Thilgon;794163 said:
oh Fenn, by the way, i was wondering...
This Movable Addon System, can surely be used to create cart, wagons and such, right?
(all things a fantasy-style shard could have a great benefit from)
haven't digged in it still :p, but i'll apply to it... my biggest question is how attach an horse to a cart, and keep having the horse motion animation lol

Well, you could probably come up with a cart, but to have a living horse pull it would be quite the feat! You'd have to get the horse to be part of the movable addon, and make sure it doesn't want to wander off on its own. Maybe best to make a subclass of a mobile that looks like a horse, but doesn't think or act like a horse.

Maybe if I have time I'll tinker with that idea and see what I can come up with. Aside from the horse handling, the biggest thing I can think of is having a realistic-looking cart multi. If you or anyone can suggest something that looks good while facing in all four directions, I can give it a shot and see how it works.

Thilgon

Sorceror
Thanks for your interest in this :)

I thought about starting from a ballista/catapult base, since it has the 4 direction for all tiles, AND weels lol (that could be animated with an alternateID to give the effect), building on it the fences and the floor (basically 1 tile wood row all around and the floor), and a little stair-thingy on the back or side to get on and off...
that would be a nice cart i think, with some sits in the back and one in the front for the driver, and a boat-like stash in the back...

otherwise, starting from the ballista again, but using only 2 weels, a nice little 2 sits cart, with a stash behind :p
compact, but the effect would heavily rely on the pulling horse...

another way might be using the in-game cart (the graphic can easily be seen adding a mage or banker camp in game... they are covered, can be easily made an un-covered version), but i don't know if they have the 4 direction...

i was thinking also another, maybe rude, way... i have found looking around the graphics for a little pull cart facing in the four direction... nothing useful for this, but i was thinking about creating an animation for those (yep, very long and time-consuming idea, i know), so players could "equip" the cart and move around without an interface...

Fenn

Wanderer
Thilgon;794231 said:
Thanks for your interest in this :)
i was thinking also another, maybe rude, way... i have found looking around the graphics for a little pull cart facing in the four direction... nothing useful for this, but i was thinking about creating an animation for those (yep, very long and time-consuming idea, i know), so players could "equip" the cart and move around without an interface...

Yep, custom graphics or animations are always a possibility, but require custom or patched data files. I'm keeping the official release patch-free, but if you want to develop something with custom graphics, it can always be listed as an optional addon.

A'kin

Sorceror
Sup :)

I know, this is pretty much a bad case of thread necromancy, but...is there any hope someone made a RunUO 1.0 version of this? :(

titan012

Squire
Also a bad case of thread necromancy, and I know it was made for svn 2.0... however I seem to of run into a crash that Greywolf seems to of ran into as well... it seems...

Code:
Exception:
System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
  at Solaris.Addons.MovableAddon.CanCreateAt(Point3D point, Map map)
  at Server.Items.MovableAddonKey.FinishCreation(Mobile from, Point3D point)
  at Server.Items.FlyingCarpetMagicLamp.FinishCreation(Mobile from, Point3D point)
  at Server.Items.MovableAddonKey.PlaceMovableAddonTarget.OnTarget(Mobile from, Object targeted)
  at Server.Targeting.Target.Invoke(Mobile from, Object targeted) in c:\UO\RunUO-2.2\Server\Targeting\Target.cs:line 283
  at Server.Network.PacketHandlers.TargetResponse(NetState state, PacketReader pvSrc) in c:\UO\RunUO-2.2\Server\Network\PacketHandlers.cs:line 1179
  at Server.Network.MessagePump.HandleReceive(NetState ns) in c:\UO\RunUO-2.2\Server\Network\MessagePump.cs:line 271
  at Server.Network.MessagePump.Slice() in c:\UO\RunUO-2.2\Server\Network\MessagePump.cs:line 129
  at Server.Core.Main(String[] args) in c:\UO\RunUO-2.2\Server\Main.cs:line 520

Any help on narrowing down the issue would be nice or we might have to abandon it.