RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[RunUO 2.0 SVN] Severe Punishment for Murder

zoggins

Sorceror
[RunUO 2.0 SVN] Severe Punishment for Murder

Ok long story short. :) I didn't want to remove tram, but I also didn't want tram to be all safe and completely disallow PvP. So i modified the ReportingMurder gump to make the punishment for murder fit into the story of Tram's creation. Basically if a character receives a murder count in Tram they are instantly killed in a fireball and teleported deep into a dungeon in Fel. They receive the message. "The magic that protects Trammel from evil has expelled your soul for your misdeeds." Well that was kinda short. :)

This is a pretty simple mod, I am considering adding a timer to when they can re-enter tram if they aren't red yet and/or making it 2 murder counts that triggers this not 1.

I modified \Scripts\Gumps\ReportMurder.cs from the latest SVN, but I think it should still work on RC1. I don't have RC1 to check, but I would be willing to fix it for RC1 if there are any problems. All you have to do is replace \Scripts\Gumps\ReportMurder.cs with this file attached. Remember to back up the original file.

Also there are some bizarre situations that can be encountered, I think I caught and handled them all, but if anyone thinks of something let me know.

Attachments

• ReportMurderer.cs
    6.5 KB · Views: 114
*giggle a little bit*

Nice.... I can't tell you how many times I've wanted to oblitherate trammel bank sitters. I think this is a very cleaver way to handle this urge. I'd be more than willing to be blow to peices in exchange to be able to smear that trash talking tailor! Fun little mod, If I had OSI standard maps I would definately use it.

Keep the cleaver idea's coming! +karma+ :D

dunhill

Sorceror
i did not test it yet but if it works like i think, the problem will be, pking someone in trammel while the person is afk, then move your char to fel will make you be untroubled by the punishment..

zoggins

Sorceror
Yes you are right and I debated back and forth on how to deal with the situation. The roleplaying part of me eventually defeated the programmer part of me. :) If you kill someone and can make it back to fel before they ding you for murder, well, the magic protecting tram really has no power of you. This situation is also why i was thinking about invoking a timed ban on the character entering tram if they are still blue.

The murder gump not having any form of timeout also caused another problem that I had to deal with. In fact this whole mod was like 4 lines of isolated code before realizing the problem of someone being murdered in fel, moving the gump over, walking to tram and then hitting yes. I considered this a way worse problem then the murder making it to fel before someone hit yes on the gump. :)

I am completely open to any suggestions for handling the making it to fel before a count is given situation.

zoggins

Sorceror
This only accounts for receiving a murder count. It does nothing about stealing or any other criminal action. Again dealing with other criminal actions did cross my mind, but I decided that the purpose of this was just to make ganking undesireable in tram while still allowing the Fel ruleset.

On a side note, when I play I almost always play a thief so I might be biased on the subject. :) Although I don't think getting blown to smithereans is a fair punishment for stealing. Heck, it is probably not a fair punishment for murdering some obnoxious players, but you got to lay down the law somewhere. :)

Varkasal

Sorceror
Rather then blowing someone to pieces and sedning them back to fel .... why not a suitable punishment ... blow thier body to pieces have them teleported to a locked cell in lord british's castle in trammel where they will sit for 24 hours of real time ... say.... or maybe 12 hours for each count ... and the first one is not tagged until the second kill . and ofcourse if he does it again once he is out he then gets 36 hours etc .... shouldnt be to hard keeping track of kills .

peepeetree

Sorceror
Just a heads up to everyone, I tried this on 2.2 and it works great! You can allow people to kill each other in Tram, towns take care of people attacking each other while outside of town you get a single kill and are blown up and tossed into Fel. Good stuff!