RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[RunUO 2.1] Facet Gold Controller (on the fly)

Konstantine

Squire
I have not been on RunUO forums in awhile, but now that I been browsing around and getting a thing or 2, I feel like it's important to give back.

Not sure if a similiar system has been posted like this before, so if it's old news I apologize. I been using this Pandora for over 2 years now and never had a problem. It's one of my favorite systems as anyone knows who runs a shard with 200+ players at peak, it's important to keep a balanced economy. But also works great for any size shard.

Facet Gold Controller
Attached:

A Screenshot on how it looks.
GoldControlGump.cs
IntensityControlGump.cs
LootController.cs
goldcontrolgump.gump
intensitycontrolgump.gump

Installation:

Drag, Drop, Restart.
(I think, but like I said we been using it for years so their might be some adjustments)

Uses:

Controls the drop rate of gold on all creature/monsters/etc killed in any given facet.

Ex. Someone kills a dragon in Felucca and will get around 500 gold. While someone in Trammel kills the same dragon and gets around 200 gold. Allows you to control how much gold is being dumped on your shard. We use it to have more gold drop in Felucca facets than Trammel facets, as we believe in High Risk = High Reward. (Don't get PKed!)

Instructions:

In game type [goldcontroller, a gump will pop up with all of the facets & numbers next to them. (be warned, that this includes Ter Mur, if you do not have Ter Mur you will want to comment out any places it says Ter Mur)

The numbers next to the facet names are the gold controls. 1.0 is about normal gold drop, or stock you would say, but you want to test it out yourself. The system can read any number value down to the .1. If you want let's say more gold to drop in Felucca, then change the 1.0 to like 1.25 and it will drop more gold on each mob in Felucca than Trammel which is at 1.0. You can look at the exact equations in the script to see the math, and some of it will depend on how your all around loot is set up.

Another example, if you want to keep Felucca dropping about normal gold, and what other facets to drop a bit less, then change Trammel, Malas, or whatever to 0.875 or something, anything. This system is best for you to keep playing with the percentages till you have what you want for your shard.

After you enter your values simply click "OKAY" on the gump. A message will pop up telling you it will take effect at the next Save for the Serialize etc. If you cannot wait simply type [save and it will automatically go into effect.

Credits

I honestly do not know 1 particular person. I believe it's a accumulation of several developers, including myself, who have worked on Pandora over the years. I remember designing the idea a long time ago but 1000's of scripts later I am not sure where it exactly came from. Don't know if I wrote it myself or another Developer jacked it from someone else. So sorry, but here it is.

I hope this is useful to some people, as we use it a ton. I can try to help with any problems the best I can, but Pandora is very custom and modded by now. A lot of things/changes we do will not line up with your scripts.

- Cheers

King Konstantine

Attachments

• King_Konstantine_Gold_Control.jpg
    King_Konstantine_Gold_Control.jpg
    257.9 KB · Views: 229
  • PandoraUO Loot Controller.rar
    7.7 KB · Views: 87

Tresdni

Squire
I won't be using it, but it's nice. Thanks.

I'm almost betting there is a required edit to either BaseCreature.cs or LootPack.cs/Loot.cs. If not, then it's magic.

Edit: Yep, as I suspected. You are missing core edits for this. Currently, this only saves values to a controller in-game. Doesn't do anything with loots at all.

Konstantine

Squire
I won't be using it, but it's nice. Thanks.

I'm almost betting there is a required edit to either BaseCreature.cs or LootPack.cs/Loot.cs. If not, then it's magic.

Edit: Yep, as I suspected. You are missing core edits for this. Currently, this only saves values to a controller in-game. Doesn't do anything with loots at all.

I might suspect that, If someone really needs help referencing it etc I will be glad to dig through my files to offer help if I can.

But at the same time, I think this is really only going to be useful to people who run large shards, and they should be able to take it and make the proper adjustments in their core. Sorry it's not for everyone.

There is a lot of good code in their that is useful, if someone wants to use it, post here and I will do a search for things within my core if they cannot figure it out. Sorry for the hassle.

I will try to post cool things that is more relevant for everyone in the future.

Pure Insanity

Sorceror
Imagine the edit needed to make this work would be a mod in the BaseCreature, since you say it works after save. Guessing your BaseCreature Serialize() method is setup to apply the changes there. Shouldn't be too hard to do it yourself, or wait for Konstantine to dig out his edits. I like the idea of it applying after a save, since adjusting that many mobs at once would kinda freeze the shard for a bit anyways...may as well do it during a save. Pretty nice system to share.

Konstantine

Squire
Thanks for the kind words.

If anyone wants me to look through it and cannot do themselves post here and I will do my best to help