RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RunUO 2.1 Some Extra Tokens, a way to combine them and moongates to consume them.

tass23

Page
I started with daat99s tokens and ran with it. I created a bunch of token based on an abstract token class, to make adding tokens to the same script easier. I setup some moongates in a dungeon that specifically needed these tokens in order to use them and used XMLSpawner2 to add tokens to each player's backpack as they walked past. I also added an item that allowed me to take 5 tokens and combine them into a 6th token. The first script in the package; LootTokens.cs is the listing for all the custom tokens and the token combiner with some comments in the token combiner section. The second script, DeathMawTeleporter.cs contains the various teleporters that consume tokens from LootToken.cs. To distribute the tokens, I simply added to various mobs around the world, or you can use XMLSpawner2 to add them to player's backpacks. I can't support this a whole lot as I fumbled through it in the first place, but it's solid and working perfectly on RunUO 2.1 & the svn from Orbs. Enjoy ;)

NOTE: Yes, there are TWO different archives. See the post below for an explanation.

Special Thanks To:
daat99 for his token system and Stygian Stalker for his Nim's Quest script that I got the teleporters from.
Kevin10 and Lichtblitz for their help in narrowing down a token consumption issue.

Updated 5-5-11
This update I just cleaned things up a bit and added lots of comments to help people who aren't good at scripting, like me, hope this helps.

Attachments

• Tokens & Teleporters.zip
    2.7 KB · Views: 66
  • Tokens_Teleporters.zip
    4.1 KB · Views: 34

tass23

Page
Updated:
Added addtional functionality with Token_Teleporters. Now the teleporters can consume all of a certain token. If a player has 5 of one token, all 5 will be consumed when they use the teleporter. This is a good way to prevent players from collecting certain tokens just for the teleporters. If you want to mix and match, download both zip files and you can combine code wherever you'd like. The only noticable difference is in the OnMoveOver function in either package. In order to mix and match, that entire function must be copied, not just one line.

Foster

Account Terminated
Sweet system man, I have been trying to work out how to add a TOD moongate and keep the same co-ordinates using the code in the handbook alongside the spawner, any way i found it easier to script an actual moongate with sets of co-ordinates and set this moongate to a TOD spawner, any way, my point is this is really creative, now you can specify exactly what iterm is used for certain teleporters in the script and set it up so it works with quests. *AWSOME*

Thanks for your hard work and dedication.
(I myself am working on a release of a craft system i found & Updated!!!)

tass23

Page
I just adapted previous scripts into one usable system, the credit really goes to the guys above who did all the hard work in the first place, but glad you like it Foster :)

jayates

Sorceror
I just adapted previous scripts into one usable system, the credit really goes to the guys above who did all the hard work in the first place, but glad you like it Foster :)
Everytime I put in some coordinates to a spot it sends me out in the middle of the ocean. What am I doing wrong?

tass23

Page
I'm guessing you forgot to set the map in the destination. I did that the first time I started messing with the teleporters lol