RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RunUO Beta 33 released! [Updated]

Atheena

Wanderer
I just wanted to say... I have been here for a very short time.... and reading all the wonderful things that so many of you all have posted... I am so impressed and excited about this program and all the stuff you do with it....

It is incredible that a total newbie like me trying to run a brand new server for my family and friends to learn a little...... and YOU have made it FUN!!!!

I just wanted to take a moment to REALLY say thank you for this upgrade as with all the others....

I have been using since RunUOBeta 23 I think.....

Thank you so much for all your work,
Atheena

Harvest

Wanderer
(Game Master) OpenBrowser, OB : opens the web browser of a targeted player to a specified url

(Game Master) HWInfo : displays information about a targeted player's hardware.

Great, thanx now I do not have to keep telling the players on the shard, We ar not hiring right now. Or send them the Rule List.

BTW You guys are so freaking awesome. Keep up the awesome work!

Ryan

RunUO Founder
Staff member
Jarrod said:
Drull said:
runuo > everything else

Im not knocking RunUO, but until it compiles on the fly, its got one major drawback

WRONG

Compiling scripts on the fly is a HORRID THING for a PRODUCTION SERVER.

It is absolutely HORRIBLE, you risk ruining EVERYTHING doing that when you have a powerful system like we do.

Jarrod

Sorceror
if you could incorporate the ability to unload a single specified script during runtime and restart it globally without having to take everything down. (for example, changing an NPC vendor message from "nohting" to "nothing") that would allow total control over the server.

Again, I am watching the progression of RunUO anxiously. All of the features it provides guarantee player satisfaction, which is what any shard strives for. However, as a Dev, I need the flexibility of making modifications without throwing everyone out. (yes, i know i can do it locally, then upload during a reboot, the problem isnt changing the scripts, the problem is constant downtime to upload them)

psz

Administrator
Constant downtime?

Takes me ~45 seconds to restart the server....

Hell, even OSI goes down NIGHTLY for awhile. When do you think THEY update stuff? :->

Jarrod

Sorceror
they also have a few thousand more players than all freeshards put together.

and I mean constant downtime due to changes locally. script, reboot, test, repeat.

A script, test, repeat scenario would be more efficient.

--btw--

just for info again, im not saying RunUO is bad, its extremely good. That the non existant on the fly compiling is a drawback is only my opinion. That doesnt make it any less good, I would see it as an additional feature.

Kamron

Knight
Why is RunUO being a resource hog all of the sudden? It didnt used to be like that in Beta 32. Both Service mode and normal are like that. :?
It uses 45-50% CPU, 230MB ram. When the exact same thing used to use 140MB ram, and 0-15% CPU.

Also now the client is being slow, 50% CPU as well, and 45MB ram.

All stats are from task manager, windows xp pro sp1a

psz

Administrator
Why would you script, restart, script, restart? That makes no sense... Have a test server (this is also what OSI does) and put new scripts there to test. Once you know it works, put the scripts into the regular RunUO Dir. When you've copied enough, THEN reboot.

This way you may only have to reboot the main RunUO once a week.

Torment

Wanderer
my work = constrution
your work = scripting on a great emulator

and your is def more harder

much appreciation to the staff

dankeggo

Wanderer
Stamina

I just phantom around these forums but, the whole thing with stamina is really annoying.. I get hit 2 times and I can't move.. I have not died at all on the shard I play until RunUO33, a Dragon will hit me with a fireball then hit me with melee and that drains 25 stamina? Its a good idea but bad implication IMHO, Maybe tweak it down some next version?