RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RunUO Beta 33 released! [Updated]

krrios

Administrator
grrrrrrrreat:)
thanks guys, just one quick question
isn't swing speed increase supposed to be a jewelry modifier too?
No, according to here, 'swing speed increase' applies just to weapons.

Monsters may now move over obstacles placed in their way

this disturbs me deeply. general objects? or non-passable objects?
(dragon walks through a wall)
This applies only to items that are movable, but at the same time impassable. Primarily this would be crates, chests, tables, and the like. This was done, like OSI, because players were 'boxing' creatures in order not to take damage from them.

It's certainly possible to disable this functionality. Open up Scripts/Engines/AI/Creature/BaseCreature.cs, and look down to line ~511. Replace the return statement with 'return false;', so it looks like:

[code:1] public virtual bool CanMoveOverObstacles
{
get
{
return false;
}
}[/code:1]

I'm getting errors on first boot because its trying to make a log file in a directory that doesnt exist. I made the directory manually and it works fine.
There was additional code added in the command logging area, but that all looks safe; not only does it check directory creation before file creation, it's even wrapped in a try..catch block to avoid any possible exceptions. PM me a crash log and I'll take a look.

Ravenclaw

Wanderer
Looks like agreat update to bad i can not get it to install :(

says teh se4rvice can only be intsalled on win 2000 and up I thought windows ME was 2000 or in that range ( I am running ME still )

Ryan

RunUO Founder
Staff member
Ravenclaw said:
Looks like agreat update to bad i can not get it to install :(

says teh se4rvice can only be intsalled on win 2000 and up I thought windows ME was 2000 or in that range ( I am running ME still )

Get the Windows 9x zip file, and please upgrade your OS to either Windows 2000 or go back to 98 because ME is HORRID :(

Revan

Sorceror
Okay.. I just realised something while reading through all this fame and glory stuff (Or whatever you'd call 'em.. I've never given you any credit!
Perhaps it was because of the credit-whore slaughter of last year... but anyways, ignore all that before this sentence and read this:
Good work guys!! I love you so much!... In a.. friendly way :p

:D:D:D:D

(note the date i joined :p)

mytaru

Wanderer
crafted containers?

* Skill values for crafted containers changed
o Req = (tinkering * 0.8 ) - 4 [max 95] (was (tinkering / 10) * 10)

doesn't crafted containers run off of carpentry, not tinkering?

Rackull

Wanderer
hmm i have found a problem with public houses

even if you have a house that is public, and if this house has doors, with this new instalation you still have to 'set security' on the doors or else no one other than the owner will be able to get in.

just my two cents ;)

and yes great job indeed !

UOT

Knight
Re: crafted containers?

mytaru said:
* Skill values for crafted containers changed:
o Req = (tinkering * 0.8 ) - 4 [max 95] (was: (tinkering / 10) * 10)

doesn't crafted containers run off of carpentry, not tinkering?

He was talking about the locks on crafted containers.