RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RunUO Core Project Creator

Arahil

Sorceror
RunUO Core Project Creator

though there was no ide project file in the sourcecode i thought i'll modify tylius project creator source, so that i don't need to add files manually or that sort of stuff.
i think it may be useful for some of you, so i'll post it here.
i'm not sure if it really works for all the development environments listed there, because i need my time to get into the core ;) vs2k3 works fine on my computer - feel free to test the others and report the bugs here.
edit: well, now i'm pretty sure that some projectfiles will be messed up, especially the one for sharpdevelop :) feel free to post the correct header for the file here....

credit goes 99% to tylius for his project creator source, i just took some lines out and modified some others - rather beginners work than real coding :)

oh, and though this file starts indexing .cs-files with "." you can use it for quite every folder with sourcecode in it, even though you may have to change some project options....

hope you guys need it, have fun modifying the core ;)

you can download EggMan's version of the tool in this thread: http://www.runuo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=47879
it's a little more up2date than mine :)

Arahil

Sorceror
i'm sorry for double posting, but though it seems that there are some people around here using this program i would really like to build a stable version that works for alle the listed ide's...
for that i need support from you, because i really can't image that my program works well for sharpdevelop. if it does that's fine - but i really don't think so.

anyways, i need either someone telling me it works or someone posting the prjx-file of a newly created and empty executable project. not one created with this program, just like file => new project or however it is namend in sharpdevelop.

thanks in advance

Tylius

Sorceror
From what I remember, SharpDevelop works fine with my original version of this, the only versions I didn't test were VS2K2, and VS2K3

Edit: Oh, and if you wanted an idea for something to do, why not make it so that there's only one program, and you can choose whether to create a project for the Core directory, or for the Server directory. Then people would only have one program, instead of the original and the modified.

Edit 2: Then again, most people won't be touching the core, so if anything, have it default to the script project gen.

I'm glad you found the source code useful, by the way, I wasn't sure if anyone ever actually had used it for anything ;)

Arahil

Sorceror
Phantom said:
Original work is always best.
you mean like insideUO? :)

tylius: yeah, your project headers are correct for the scripting-thing (i tested vs2k3, it works). but now for the core the program has to create an executable, allow unsafecode and some other stuff. so there are definitely some mistakes, especially when using sharpdevelop, because i don't know their format at all. as i read here there is the need of some changes to the project options, and they won't be necessary if i fix these issues in the project header strings.
the idea with the choice for scripts or core project is fine, i'll include that in the next version....

Khaz

Knight
I'm posting this because this is all I have to work with to efficiently build the core right now. This is a blank project file with the #Develop pre-constructed project named Server. I hope it's what you need.

Atomic

Wanderer
Following your logic the dev's shouldn't have developed RunUO to compete with Sphere. That's what you think Phantom? Your logic is flawed and there is nothing you can do about it.

Arahil

Sorceror
phantom, you can't be serious complaining about no one using an unreleased program. work over it, release it and i'm sure there will be lots of people working with the "original" ^^
to me you posts seem rather like you can't stand the fact someone released a program like that before you did, and you are afraid people will use other programs than yours. feel free to cry on in this thread, even tough i will most likely ignore it, because it doesn't really matter to this program or thread.

khaz, that's exactly what i'm looking for. thanks a lot.

i'll fix the project headers and put in the features tylius listed above. i think i'll release the new version today, but that depends on how fast i get this damn cisco stuff in my head...

Tylius

Sorceror
Phantom said:
You offered to back down from your program.

But considering you released the source, thats no longer possible. We talked in private an I thought had an understanding.

Work on my program was slow during the holidays, but I made alot of project estimate the total rewrite is at about 40%

I suppose I will just have to be original in how I will go about my updates.

I removed the topic when I had first released this, but when I released the source code it wasn't meant in competition or anything like that, I was merely releasing it so that others could fool around with it (or maybe learn, though I don't think there's much to the program).

I offered to send you the source code of this (before I released it), so that you could check it out and do what you'd like with it, but I never received a reply back (that I saw at least).

This wasn't meant for competition or anything, I just released it so that others could tear it apart and maybe improve on it, or change it to suit their own personal needs, no harm intended

Edit: And from what I remember from using your program, it wouldn't allow you to run it from a different folder (I had RunUO in a different folder from the default install folder, before the 1.0.0 release). Plus I believe you *had* to do the auto-update for it to generate the scripts, which if say, your server ever went down, got changed, or someone didn't have an internet connection, then they wouldn't be able to use it. (*** This may not all be correct, but this is just what I remember from using it a while ago, I'm not putting it down or anything ***)

Arahil

Sorceror

Tylius

Sorceror
Arahil said:
hope you guys like this copy, which uses both stolen ideas and sourcecode from someone else *smiles*

Source code was released under without conditions, you didn't even have to give credit, so it's not stolen at all ;)

Arahil

Sorceror
phantom: the idea you cried about in some posts above, that were deleted or something like that. can't see them anymore ^^

wasn't meant too serious, tylius :)
giving credit to the original author goes without saying i think...

Tylius

Sorceror
For the source code of the new version, RunUO_Project_Creator.Scripts seems to be missing (leading to it being uncompilable)

Phantom

Knight
Arahil said:
phantom: the idea you cried about in some posts above, that were deleted or something like that. can't see them anymore ^^

wasn't meant too serious, tylius :)
giving credit to the original author goes without saying i think...

Base on Tylius reply I figured that.

I deleted my post

I made my objections public, thats all I wanted to do.

Doesn't change the fact I am still hurt.

Arahil

Sorceror
i can't reconstruct your error, tylius. it compiles and works fine for me, i don't see anything missing.

phantom, i never ment to hurt you or something like that. i needed a program to generate a project file out of this bunch of .cs-files and couldn't find one - so i did it myself.
i posted it here, because i thought the other people around here could take advantage of it.
nothing more, nothing less. just a tool for the runuo-community, like yours. and to be honest - this is really just a hack. release your program and i'm pretty sure nobody will care about this thread or program anymore.
i had my famous five minutes on shardwire.org and am fine with that hehe:)

Phantom

Knight
Its the only thing I have left to work no is all.

This simple yet handy program.

Its not fun to have somebody release the exact same too :(

Arahil

Sorceror
though my host seems to be down at the moment i kindly ask you guys if someone could host these files for me temporarily, it just takes a few kbs (16 for both rars).

if you want to do this pm me or post in this thread, i will mail the actual files to you.

thanks in advance

Phantom

Knight
If your willing for it only to generate a project file for the Core ( soucecode )

I would be willing to sponser a link.

I get something out of it, for the time being, because I don't have time to redesign my program to support that feature at this time.