RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RunUO-Dev Visual Studio Project

gilgamash

Knight
RunUO-Dev Visual Studio Project

Greetings,

is there any way to construct a Visual Studio Project from a SVN copy (SVN 429 for instance) and
debug procedures (I really need to debug a function stepwise, though somehow I doubt it works
due to the multithread and client/server charcter)?

If you know a way, please let me know asap!

G.

LuxoR

Sorceror
It is possible, I recall doing it years ago with VS2005. I did not test this it later on with VS2008. Look for the VS project creator that was posted on here somewhere. It will help you get started with the basics. Configure the project properties to better tune it for runtime debugging.

Mideon

Page
To construct the project use the search function for something called "Project Creator" or something to that effect....I remember someone posted a small proggie that can easily setup projects for you, it was very handy.

Just open VS, create a new solution/project, and add the files via the Solution Explorer. Not incredibly difficult.

gilgamash

Knight
Hoi Sui Ban and all,

did not know it was that easy (I know it works like that in Eclipse, but VS :)).
Now let's hope I can debug step by step the parts I need to...

Thanks all,
G:

Kamron

Knight
There are SVN plugins you can get for Visual Studio so that it can import your SVN into a new project, maintain the SVN, and allow you to work with the solution in its entirety. I saw the plugin at trigris.org - Good luck!

atdp

Sorceror
Try the one in this zip file.
It assumes that the Server and Scripts folders are under c:\runuo\devel, so extract the zip in the folder that contains the Server and Scripts folders, and if it is c:\runuo\devel it should work (anyway, check that the runuo.exe executable is created in the folder that contains the Sripts folder)

Attachments

• runuosolutionvs2008.zip
    37.2 KB · Views: 38

gilgamash

Knight
Greets and thanks for the last reply, I will test it this WE.
I managed to get a project running, but as soon as the debugginh starts I get
a nullpointer in one of the cs-files .

Lemme check your solution!

Laters,
G.