RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RunUO Overlord Preview! RunUO Admin Tool and Script Tool!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Philantrop

Sorceror
I beg to differ, Sno. While one monolithic tool might be good for some I don't like it. I like to keep different types of tools apart.

And: The updated frontend actually exists. This new GM tool so far isn't downloadable anywhere I'm aware of.

warlocke

Wanderer
here's an interface idea for ya:

take a look at flash mx, dreamweaver mx, not sure what other programs are similar. docking tool windows that can be collapsed and expanded. depending on one's desktop real estate and how well the tool windows are designed, you could have 5 or 6 tool sets open at once, the ultimate gm tool w/ high customization.

yup.

GoodVillain

Wanderer
I am doing other projects that I can profit from or rather do. I also pretty much lost interest in RunUO tool development. I am going to clean up the source a bit and finish parts of it and then I am going to give the source to Phantom because he said he will be happy to finish it.

Thanks to those that have had an interest in the past.

GoodVillain

Wanderer
Yeah. One problem. I was reformating my harddrive so I move the source code safely to my schools student file server. The server went down due to network problems and has been offline for about 2 weeks. I cant get the source back till the server comes back up. I requested to the school if I can get my files back directly but they said since its not "important" I will have to wait for the server to go back up to get it. Lucky for me I know the server operator very well and I help him with his VB.NET homework for college so I think if I ask him he will glady give me access. :)

Neonbox

Wanderer
man thats bummer but sweet sounds like somethings i did in highschool because my crew knew more about the computers then anyone but one of the computer teachers but he let us(because he liked nerds) get away with murder

GoodVillain

Wanderer
Wow, I was suprised that I am still getting requests to use my tool which is a good thing. But I have some bad news. I wasnt able to get the source code back. After the many positive responses over it I would like to recode the tool from scratch. But at this time I am way too busy and I doubt I will get the chance to code it anytime soon or maybe for a long while. I do have 3 screenshots saved from way back in the past. Its only the admin tool so the others tools such as the map tool, gump tool, and C# tool are not shown. You can find them from my web site at http://goodvillain.tk

But I do have some good news that can lead to the future development of tools like RunUO Overlord. I have the source code to my very own SDK that I made to have my tool interact with UO. The code is in Visual Basic and it only works for Visual Basic programs. I will not release the source code but I will release the SDK in the future when I have time so it could take a month. It can only send data to UO so it can not get it but I still think it will be extremely useful to UO tool programmers. If anyone finds out how to get information from UO you should contact me in a month so we can improve the SDK.

Chances are I wont be around this forum for several weeks so if you have questions or comments please direct them to [email protected]

Neonbox

Wanderer
i'ed still like to see progress on this i wish i could still see this come into beeing and as far as reading from uo i think the ultima online sdk has that covered

tejster24

Sorceror
Neonbox said:
i'ed still like to see progress on this i wish i could still see this come into beeing and as far as reading from uo i think the ultima online sdk has that covered
Don't post in month old threads! This was last posted in in January!

Neonbox

Wanderer
oh no a whole month that isn't realy that long i've propped up a year old thread i know its nothing to be proud of but a month isn't realy a big deal i know people that have lost thier net for longer then that and got back on msg boards without skipping a beat

Phantom

Knight
Neonbox said:
oh no a whole month that isn't realy that long i've propped up a year old thread i know its nothing to be proud of but a month isn't realy a big deal i know people that have lost thier net for longer then that and got back on msg boards without skipping a beat

actually its been 8 months.

Yeah the point is this:

DON"T BUMP 9 MONTH OLD TOPICS!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.