RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RunUO Release!

Ryan

RunUO Founder
Staff member
RunUO Release!

Ok.... help us get that release out!

Test Center : 24.27.162.245,7775

Report those bugs!

anouther up false prophet.

:? funny how the new release's are never being released. care to enlighten the people who are not working on the code on what the hold up is. or do we have to just keep on guessing and wonder if this program really exist beyond someones pipe dream of of having a good working version of uox. :rolleyes:
I hate to sound sarcastic I know your probbly working really hard on this project but at least keep the people who you have got there interest
perked informed of what your doing.
thats the main reason why I gave up on sphere they always promsied a great release and then months went by with no word of what was going on and then we was always let down with some crappy code that had more bugs than my last girlfriends trailer.
Thanks and have a nice day,

C

Chaos

Spawnpoint, do you read any other posts before making an ass out of yourself? hehehe

This is NOT UOX. There is no "hold up". Have you been on the test center at ALL, you'd notice the developers are pushing new stuff every day. RunUO isnt released yet because it is not ready for people like you, who will complain if every single thing doesnt work.

Trust me, these guys are working. RunUO is getting very close to release, but they want to be SURE before releasing something that is only half working (for people who want to run public shards, etc)

Tim

Wanderer
Ryan I can not speak for, but I believe he is out of town. That may play a part in the delay, but I am not sure. I haven't heard from him since wednesday. I have been sick with some nasty cold going around since thursday, which is why the website hasn't been updated at all. Sorry for the delay =[

R

Rainman

I really don't want to go into any flames so i'll put this nicely :)

If you have ever used UOX and gotten formiliar with UOX, then you would know just from playing on test center this is not even close to UOX :)

Like the faq says, the only thing brought over from UOX was skill & lessons learned :)

fenris

Wanderer
Chaos said: "Trust me, these guys are working. RunUO is getting very close to release......"
But what i have to ask is: HOW close is this close? hehehe
I mean aproximately, how much time until we can have what every UO Shard Developer always dreamed for: a reliable, up to date, server emulator is released? a year? a month? week? day?
Or this is going to be just like Blizzard´s release dates?

Ryan

RunUO Founder
Staff member
Rush us... Rush us... Rush us..

Rushing developers really makes for a reliable product doesnt it.

Guess what... when we release it.. no matter how hard we do work you wont be happy... You'll complain and moan that Cartography wasnt included in Beta 1.

You do understand what BETA means right... ok good..

With that said we are shooting for a Wednesday release. (Yes, Wednesday of this week... thats not a commitment, thats just a guestimate... if we dont hit it you cant complain because I am not promising it.).

Kryal

Wanderer
sure it's up?

I tried logging in and it's not working. I can log into other servers. I tried logging into yours with the 3D client, 2D client, and Krrios client. I removed encryption and everything. I know the IP you gave us is active because I get a ping response, but in UO there's nothing. Is 7775 the right port?

SickLab

Wanderer
The test server is moving from a computer to another, (not sure though)

i suggest you to go on mirc to see what exactly is the IP every day.

hmmmmm this is off topic to say the least...

Thanks for posting a reply I didn't think you guys were working on it to be honest thought maybe you hit a bug that you could not fix or something and the core fell thu..who knew.....there is no rush you can take a year if ya want .
I just wanted to know what was going on with the project because i had'nt head anything new in a while and was curious.
I do run a shard and if a stable version...way out there...i know comes out i would consider trying if. but for now i will stick with what works of course I'd never run a beta on a production shard thats silly..
and to reply to you chaos...pffft flame this.... nobody asked you.
I was just trying to get some kinda of response from one of the real people that actually work on the project not some board flamer.
people like you need to find something else to do beside flame people that have real questions.ennuf energy wasted on that topic.anyways,
some people have real questions something even tho you might think is stupid a lot of us want to know simple things like...WHAT GOING ON?heheh ...oh yeah ....have a nice day :D

by the way it sounds like you guys are working hard at fixing it and good luck. laters!

Ryan

RunUO Founder
Staff member
Quite the contrary. We arent working at fixing anything. The core is extremely stable. Ive been running an older build here internally with 500 simulated users online for over 9 days with no crashes... I dont know of anything out there that can do that... but again dont forget we arent here to beat everyone else... we are our own project, and our own genre. There is nothing out there like what RunUO is or will be.

We are doing what we want... and sharing it with you guys. You guys will love what we put out im sure.

As for Chaos I can see his points... you really dont read anything before posting.. thats what makes people mad... if you'd read or hop on IRC you would know what is going on. We aren't going to start posting any announcements until the Beta series comes out more than likely. And heck.. who knows... we may not even have documentation until the initial Stable series...

Dont flame Chaos for flaming you, thats all I ask, it makes everyone look bad... in the mean time enjoy test center.