RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RunUO Remote Administrator

Jeff

Lord
MarciXs;841124 said:
Which exactly is the "complicated" part? Creating an class that inherits MarshalByRefObject
create reflection methods in it? Such as

public void CallStatic(string type, string method,object[] pars)
{
Type t = Type.GetType(type);
MethodInfo m = t.GetMethod(method);
m.Invoke(null, pars);
}

then having a script that hosts it?
HttpChannel hChan = new HttpChannel(2554);
ChannelServices.RegisterChannel(hChan,false);
RemotingConfiguration.ApplicationName = "Admin";
RemotingConfiguration.RegisterWellKnownServiceType(new WellKnownServiceTypeEntry(typeof(WHATVERE), "Connect", WellKnownObjectMode.Singleton));

Then in whatever client ...like win app for example..
ChannelServices.RegisterChannel(new HttpChannel());
RemotingConfiguration.RegisterWellKnownClientType(new WellKnownClientTypeEntry(typeof(WHATVER), "http://localhost:2554/Admin/Connect"));

Open a portal? Huh? Do you know that most of web api's ask for developer's key?
So where's the problem of passing an username and password as parameters?

Very complicated.
Neat....

You crack me up, why would i go through all this, the packets exist, and creating packets is so easy, not to mention authentication already exists for remoting into the RunUO server.... you make things so complicated.... OH, and, have you looked at the binary stream used by remoting? It's huge.... not to mention deploying on both ends can be quite painful, especially when this needs to be for people using RunUO on both Linux and Windows, and needs to be a breeze to install...Whats wrong with the current networking packet system? It's small lightweight and anyone using RunUO already knows it and doesn't need to learn something new to modify it. I don't want someone to have to create API keys to use remote administration for their own server.... you are ridiculous.

Your post just validated my first response to you.

Jeff

Lord
MarciXs;841140 said:
I wrote quite a bit but then just deleted it all. Cause I am ridiculous.

Code chat ftw.
linux -> WPF - Mono

Your link said:
At this point, the Mono project does not have plans to implement Windows Presentation Foundation APIs as part of the project.
nuff said ?

plato_xhare

Sorceror
Is this project closed? Cant find it on codeplex..
Sorry to bring this thread back but really need a remote administration tool to work on. I am trying to create a remote help page management system and a base would be great..