RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[RunUO SVN] Basic chat system

_Epila_

Sorceror
[RunUO SVN] Basic chat system

this is a ingame based chat, an alternative to the client chat

Version 0.1 5/Apr
it still only a basic chat, but i will improve and add a lot more

this is my first release, please comment
thanks

Feeeh / Epila
UOBrasil.org

Attachments

• DChat.cs
    6.2 KB · Views: 215

Tartaros

Wanderer
you should only have one global copy of the messages list, and ideally load and save it to disk as the wolrd itself loads and saves. Your solution is totally unscalable.

also, why are you creating and sorting an arraylist of netstates when updating the messages? can't you just foreach around the Instances property?

StaticZ

Sorceror
As for me GUMP is terrible.
In fact this kind of chat are not comfortable, because you can't send replyies by Enter key. So to improve this chat I thing a good idea to do next:

1) Write in the window speech from world (soo you can answer by pressing enter)
2) Make Chanels(filters) - world, party, guild, global(broadcast), private
3) Make color highlighting of messages - each person have own color or group (party, guild, you, pk, criminal and soo on)
4) Make some kind of integration with public chat or IM survices (for example IRC, Jabber, etc) so it will be global chat system which can be use in game, website, or some IM.

P.S. And what happend with standart chat in new clients?

StaticZ

Sorceror
its good but, It isnot what i mean.
I decided to write chat system myself) After that I show much more comfortable chat )

Finally someone is making a chat system for 2.0 final. :) Knives chat sure is a great script but due to the fact that it wasn't designed for final I always had problems with it. Can't wait to get your improved version. :)

astrild

Traveler
I'm looking for a World Chat system for 2.1... doesnt seem to be one out there.. anybody modified one lately that I don't know about? We really need one for our shard bad.

duponthigh

Sorceror
Hey vorspire I wanted to try out your system, sounds awsome.Cant get it installed im running the new forkUO 3.0 i believe.Its orbs old server with some juice ;)Im running the virgin server *no mods*.Im comming up with this error:Think you could point me in the
right direction kind sir ?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Scrips: Compiling c# scripts... Failed with:1 errors, 0 warnings
Errors:
+custum/WorldChat/WCCommands.cs:
Cs0246: Line 57: The type or namespace name 'CommandEventArgs' could not be
found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
Cs0246: Line 90: The type or namespace name 'CommandEventArgs' could not be
Cs0246: Line 121: The type or namespace name 'CommandEventArgs' could not be
Cs0246: Line 154: The type or namespace name 'CommandEventArgs' could not be
Cs0246: Line 186: The type or namespace name 'CommandEventArgs' could not be

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks vorspire

Vorspire

Knight
Converting scripts from RunUO 1.0 to 2.0 is fairly simple, there are a few guides out there on these forums that explain the main differences.

The commands system was changed dramatically between the two versions, here's what you can do:

Replace any traces of:
[syntax]using Server.Scripts.Commands;[/syntax]

With;
[syntax]using Server.Commands;[/syntax]

Also, any traces of;
[syntax]Commands.Register[/syntax]

With;
[syntax]CommandSystem.Register[/syntax]

duponthigh

Sorceror
Hrm I been messing with it for awhile still cant seem to get that error gone .Got anymore ideas?apperciate your time kind sir