RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RunUO Weapon Generator

rsmiller21

Wanderer
RunUO Weapon Generator

RunUO Weapon Generator v 1. 0

Unlike nothing the RunUO communty has ever seen, this peice of software will cut your development time in half. The best part is that it is free! Create hundreds of weapon scripts in mear minutes with only a few clicks. Programming is a thing of the past.

Requirements

Operating Systems
  • Windows 9x
  • Windows NT
  • Windows 2000
  • Windows XP (Recommended)
  • Windows Server 2003
Other
  • .NET Framework 2.0
Minimum Hardware
  • Pentium 233 MHz
  • 256 MB RAM
  • 52 MB hard drive space
Screenshots

[View]

Features:
  • Easy to use interface
  • Comprehensive weapon options
  • Ability to save and load your project files
  • Create scripts in both C# and VB
  • Supports RunUO Server 1.x and 2.x
  • Supports all standard scripted weapons

Attachments

• RunUOWeaponsGenerator.zip
    169.8 KB · Views: 1,165

rsmiller21

Wanderer
RunUO armor Generator should be released on Thanksgiving. I ran into a problem with some Elven armor items that don't seem to be included with RunUO 2.0 server.

Nagozi

Sorceror
Excellent Program!!!

Thank You So Much For This! Here are some suggestions I think will be useful if you're willing to put in the time to create these with the same excellence as this weapons generator:

> Item Generator - create any item (except weapons and armor) in the game; make them rares or make them artifacts, hue them, name them, give them special properties.

> Armor Generator - I read you're already working on this one, awesome man! I am looking forward to using it.

> Mobile Generator - Create god like monsters with the ability to add custom graphics or use the ones from the game. Give monsters attributes and special abilities based on the weapons they wield.

> Animal Generator - create a new species, add wings to any animal or invent a species that when it bites the victim gets hit with a lightning strike or another magical ability. Just a thought but how about a ridable dragon or ridable gammon!

Okay I'll stop my dreaming, but you get my point. I think these generators are awesome and its people like you we have to thank for them. :D

rsmiller21

Wanderer
Rofl i compleatly understand where you are coming from. I have thought along these lines and am confronted with various choices such as, should I make one large project workspace(Visual Studio like), or just do smaller projects like the ones you listed. Both have there pluses and minuses but I dunno.

RunUO Armor Generator will look and act like the Weapons Gen when it comes out. It is basicly the same code which makes everything fairly easy.

The RunUO Mobile Generator will allow the creation of anything BaseCreature. So you could create vendors, quest mobiles, ridable animals, ect, ect. I would love to talk about it more but I think you will be more impressed when you see it.

Thanks everyone for their kind words.

wow for lack of better words....

This is just amazing. You have really impressed me. This program is very professional, and works flawlessly. easy to download/install/and use. This program is an absolute must for any server owner. Truely remarkable.

However I did notice one thing missing. You can't set what resist the weapon is hitting ( or I am overlooking it). By this I mean like the Zyronic claw. it deals damage to every resist group, not just physical.

Also I noticed that you can chose what special attacks a weapon has ( whirlwind, bleed, ect ). I thought that a weapon can only have the ones that are originally assigned to the weapon. So a long spear can only have paralizing blow and armor ignore. Trying to change it to anything else will result in the special attacks just not working. Does this program work around that, or do you still have to assign the correct moves to the correct weapons? ( which if that is so there really is no point to that setting ).

That aside, this program will make soo many peoples lives so much easier. Thank you.

rsmiller21

Wanderer
vermillion2083 said:
This is just amazing. You have really impressed me. This program is very professional, and works flawlessly. easy to download/install/and use. This program is an absolute must for any server owner. Truely remarkable.

However I did notice one thing missing. You can't set what resist the weapon is hitting ( or I am overlooking it). By this I mean like the Zyronic claw. it deals damage to every resist group, not just physical.

Also I noticed that you can chose what special attacks a weapon has ( whirlwind, bleed, ect ). I thought that a weapon can only have the ones that are originally assigned to the weapon. So a long spear can only have paralizing blow and armor ignore. Trying to change it to anything else will result in the special attacks just not working. Does this program work around that, or do you still have to assign the correct moves to the correct weapons? ( which if that is so there really is no point to that setting ).

That aside, this program will make soo many peoples lives so much easier. Thank you.

Thanks so much for your comments and suggestions they are very appreciated and welcomed.

So to answer your second question first. As far as I know, with RunUO 1.0 the PrimaryAbility and SecondAbility will have no effect on the base weapon type. RunUO 2.0 may have fixed this but I highly doubt it. That option was thrown in 3 days before launch and was suggested by a tester. I guess it wasn't fully tested. Sorry, yes this feature doesn't have any effect on how the item behaves. In other words it is just program fill on the tab, ie it makes it look pretty lol.

The answer to your first question is not so lengthy. I didn't add that feature. I totally forgot. That feature will be included in the next update which I haven't decided if it will be a major revision or a minor.

Depending on various issues going on in my life, this program will be updated some time after the first of the year. If it is a minor revision these issues will be fixed along with some quarky issues dealing with saving projects. If I decide to overhaul the program to a major revision these issues will be resolved entirely but will take longer to implement and release. I am leaning toward the minor at least untill August '07.

So to answer your second question first. As far as I know, with RunUO 1.0 the PrimaryAbility and SecondAbility will have no effect on the base weapon type. RunUO 2.0 may have fixed this but I highly doubt it. That option was thrown in 3 days before launch and was suggested by a tester. I guess it wasn't fully tested. Sorry, yes this feature doesn't have any effect on how the item behaves. In other words it is just program fill on the tab, ie it makes it look pretty lol.

*smiles* I totally understand. Who doesn't like as many bells and whissles as humanly possibly in their goodies.

The answer to your first question is not so lengthy. I didn't add that feature. I totally forgot. That feature will be included in the next update which I haven't decided if it will be a major revision or a minor.

I can see why you missed it. it's not a very commonly used attribute when making weapons. The only reason I noticed was because the first weapon I tried to make with this program needed to hit all 5 resist. Im glad to her that this will be incorperated into the program. It's truely remarkable, keep up the great work

Soultaker

Sorceror
Very cool Programs

This program is awesome! i made up a really cool script in just a few minutes. didnt even have to edit anything!!! gotta love it!!! can't wait for the rest of these.
Thanks again
Soultaker

greywolf79

Sorceror
I know this thread is dead but I was wondering 2 things...

1. Is there any plans for a new version or a way to get the source code so a new version can be made?
2. Is there a way to change the hues it has? because they do not match completely to the ones I use and I would like to change it in the one I have installed so that I can use my hues file.

GreyWolf.

Sexy-Vampire

Sorceror
rsmiller21;607118 said:
Rofl i compleatly understand where you are coming from. I have thought along these lines and am confronted with various choices such as, should I make one large project workspace(Visual Studio like), or just do smaller projects like the ones you listed. Both have there pluses and minuses but I dunno.

RunUO Armor Generator will look and act like the Weapons Gen when it comes out. It is basicly the same code which makes everything fairly easy.

The RunUO Mobile Generator will allow the creation of anything BaseCreature. So you could create vendors, quest mobiles, ridable animals, ect, ect. I would love to talk about it more but I think you will be more impressed when you see it.

Thanks everyone for their kind words.

omg love thee whepon gen :p would like to see the others soon :) but no rush :D

Sythen

Sorceror
Good Luck With That....ROFL

The dude that made this Generator was on a roll for like 1 month last year when he released the armor and weapon generators... then he made promises of an item/mobile generator of sorts and his real life got in the way. Should he ever come back, I think a lot of people here will be extremely happy. :) But don't hold your breath for any new releases anytime soon; or you'll make yourself miserable waiting.

Awesome Programs Though!!!