RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RunUO Weapon Generator

Uopwnzor

Squire
I wish i was a Nerd like you Rsmiller it would be awesome if i can make my own generators and my own server and all that computer stuff but what am i talkign about am only 14 years old:(

xenoglyph

Sorceror
what does your age have to do with anything? you can learn anything you want to learn. the internet is the largest library on earth. i only wish i had these same resources when i was your age.

rsmiller

Wanderer
Actually, I have been bouncing in and out of the forums from time to time. It is true that life has gripped me, and hard. During the those releases, and over the past four years, I've been dealing with getting married, graduating, a divorce, getting a job with my degree, and *Ashamed* playing WoW. Life sometimes likes to bend you over her knee.

I would post on the rsmiller21 account which I created over five years ago, but I deleted that attached email account many years ago. That email was also consequently attached to my XBox account. Good times. For the time being, I am on this one.

About a year ago, I jumped on here and thought about recreating the Armor and Weapon generator, and finishing up the Mobile Generator to release. However, I found all my old code, with exception to a really old version of the Weapon Generator were deleted. :(

Over the past few months, my younger brothers have renewed an interest in UO and have been playing on Demise. I of course, joining them in their adventures found my self toying with my own Freeshard, coding Zombie Systems, Security Auditing Systems and wishing I had my old generator code.

I have thought about these programs from time to time and if my interest continues will probably find myself creating something just as special. Perhaps web based this time, as that is what I do for a living nowadays. And I will ad litter the pages so that the newbies won't know what to click thereby giving me enough money to purchase a much needed couch :D :p. Just kidding.

P.S. - Thanks to everyone who shared their kind words.

Sythen

Sorceror
To: rsmiller

I have archived your generator tools and love them! are you sure you can't decompile them to get the code? The first time you mentioned Mobile Generator I was Like OMG... so pleaaassssee finish one? lol

If you do complete one, here is a suggestion: add a quest module in it for single quests and chain quests.

Anyway missed ya!

xenoglyph

Sorceror
you can decompile them yourself with reflector. i'd create an empty project and recreate the structure manually, never had much luck with the plugins.

Sythen

Sorceror
ROFL... Not I...

I'm not in the business of decompiling anyone elses work. It was a mere suggestion to rsmiller because he said he lost his source code. Decompilation seems to be the only logical way to make some sense out of what he lost; that way, I would think he'd be skilled enough to fill in the blanks if recreating these programs is what he wishes to do. Personally, there is nothing wrong with the programs he has out there. The armor and weapons generators work perfectly as long as UO is in the Windows registry. :)

rsmiller

Wanderer
Well I did find some code last night, and it is down right fuggly and undocumented. I started a complete redesign from scratch written in C# once I found that the installer wasn't working for Windows 7. I'll be taking feature requests now :D

Sythen

Sorceror
Feature Requests:

RSMiller's Quest Generator:

Quest Engine - handles both single 1 time quests, single quests we can do over and over, and chain quests that might include interactions with 1 or more NPCs or Creatures. Including custom gump options and a premade line template like Iluztio's Quest Generator.

RSMiller's Mobile Generator:

Ability to create mobiles for quests, including monster/creature quest givers rather than just npc.

RSMiller's Weapons And Armor Generator(s):

Combine the 2 generators into 1 application since they make like-items. Call it Armory Generator. lol.

RSMiller's Item Generator:

Ability to create books, and special custom items out of graphics already inside the mul files as well as any graphic item id's from custom items added. I think it would be cool to have a talking book or a talking candle. Or even an item that can give a quest or be used as a teleporter like EA just introduced with the new crystal ball teleporters and runic teleporters.

General Suggestions:

Option To Choose The Directory UO Is Installed; rather than having the program read from the registry

Integrate all these apps so you can make quests using bits and pieces from what you create from them. Maybe add a number or letter or group of either like a tag that links all the script files together that are created for a given quest.

rsmiller

Wanderer
I've been working on it a little...
So, far I have over 1500 lines of code, minus the various tools I've created for other purposes.

Thanks for the post Sythen and you hit the nail on the head. Before you posted that I decided that if I was going to do this it would be a "suite" type of application. So, in essence all generators would run from the same program.

Currently, I have two modules, the Weapon and Armor module which provide the same basic functionality as their predecessors, minus code generation for VB files(For now anyways).

Modules are built in XML and follow a strict but programical adherence. For instance, anyone looking at the xml could essentially create their own module. Basically, all one would need to do, is import two dll files, one which contains custom controls(hue, type selection, ect) and the other outputs these and other controls(checkbox, textbox, groupbox, combobox, numericupdown, and labels) to an xml file.

Once that is finished a developer would need to create another xml file which assigns "UO Attributes" to that control. So, when Sue sets a value the Resist Cold Bonus Numeric Up Down Control it is registered to the UO Attribute "WeaponAttributes.ResistColdBonus"

I've provided a few files for those interested in how this comes together:
Attributes.xml - For each module there is an attributes.xml. This file is what assigns UO Attributes to a given control.
Layout.xml - This sets up tab pages and the controls that are contained within them.
Armor.xml - This file is what a custom control called a TypeControl(yeah, original I know) uses. The user selects a category dropdown list and is then presented with those items within it. The base attribute corresponds with that types base class.
Config.xml - This is where the program looks to see what modules are installed.

Once I have coded in the functionality to accept item and mobile types I'll consider that Alpha and place that in a code repository.

This program would be done by now, if I had the free time I once did : ). Give me about a month at this rate.

Also teaser photo is attached. :D

Attachments

• ScreenshotTeaser.png
    ScreenshotTeaser.png
    328 KB · Views: 29
  • Attributes.txt
    4.3 KB · Views: 11
  • Layout.txt
    9 KB · Views: 4
  • Armor.txt
    12.3 KB · Views: 4
  • Config.txt
    511 bytes · Views: 4

Gorelord13

Wanderer
ok if anyone could PM me with a link to a weapon and armor genreator that would be awsome, i want to make TONS of custom artifacts and stuff its going to be sweet :p