RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RunUO's IRC

Tarn Blackhail

Sorceror
Hello,

This post may seem a bit odd, perhaps even un-needed, but i felt it was. I have made several posts, and spoken to several others, of the IRC Channel, for RunUO. Some people, have never even heard of this channel, others, did not know how to join it. So, i have decided to write a quick introduction to RunUO's IRC Channel. I am a big fan of IRC in general, in certain methods of application, and i have decided to make it my personal mission to make it my business to keep the community informed.

IRC (Internet Relay Chat), operates very similar to a chat room. There are several servers, with a wide variety of channels among each server. People can join, and communicate simultaneously with other people.
Right now, i will focus on letting you know what a variety of methods you have to connect to the channel specified for RunUO.

On just about every page of RunUO's website, there are links to join IRC. i will go into detail about a few.

http://www.runuo.com
if you highlight the link 'community', at the bottom, you see "IRC". This link will lead you to the IRC Channel of UOGamers: Hybrid, by default. you will have to choose your nickname, and then join. once within, you can ither remain in hybrid's channel, or type:
Code:
/join #runuo
to join RunUO's IRC Channel

http://www.runuo.com/community

this link by default, will take you to RunUO/Affiliate-Shard Forums. If you look just below the banner, at the top of the page, you will see a link called "IRC Chat". Clicking this link, will open a window, within the forum, leading straight to RunUO's IRC Channel. It will ALSO, pre-determine your nickname, based on your forum alias. Thus, this is my personal preferred method.

Well, that's really about it.. i know this is kind of redundant, but no one knows everything, some things have to be written in instructional form. hope this helps.