RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[RUO 1.0] Tutorial Books -> one Source multiple reader

Minddragon

Wanderer
[RUNUO 1.0 maybe 2.0 too?] Tutorial Books -> one Source with multiple Readers

I where inspired of Lokai and his:
http://www.runuo.com/forums/custom-...inked-books-linked-bags-oh-my.html#post689745
so thanks for the inspiration to you.

Description:
It's just my first publicscript and i hope somebody find it usefull ... all other things i have scripted are to shardspecific to publish it.
So have fun with that books.

Both items:
prefix of the booknames, the booknames when empty, and the msg when the clientbook can't find the sourcebook are no longer hardcoded. they are customizable ingame thru the props or with a script.
But u can change the defaults in source as well.

(sourcebook)TutorialBookSource:
It's just a simple book with a modified constructor and addnamemethod. But what u type in here, the the clientbooks will show this to the reader.
There's a static method FindSerialbyTitle in it it's used by the tutorialbooks to get there current content.

(clientbook)TutorialBook:
a modified BaseBook that will use a modified Bookheader that will send a readonlybook.
It saves a string that matches the Title of a TutorialBookSource
on open a book it try to get the first TutorialbookSource with the given Title or else it will Send a Message that the Player will contact the staff because the TutorialBook can't find his source.
u have 2 constructors in here,
so u can add a book via add menu ingame u must set the sourcebook via props or with another script.
or just add ingame with add tutorialbook <sourcetitle> so it's directly linked to a sourcebook that will searched for and displayed.(or add with this constructor in any script)

Installation:
just put it in your custom Scriptfolder and run the Server
used namespace: Server.Custom.Items

if you wan't to localize the viewable Messages names ... just do it ^^ there are only 5 Strings in the file that will be shown by Player's (also changeable via props now)

Other things

Feel free to use it, customize it, or redistribute it as customized version!

But i hope u give me a feedback here or as PM. Thx.

Attachments

• Tutorialbooks.cs
    6.8 KB · Views: 85

Minddragon

Wanderer
I think this one update is also the last, because i have no idea in moment how i can make it more flexible as it is.

but if someone try this out and have a question or suggestion .. feel free to contact me ^^