RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[RUO 2.X] E-Mailing API

Vorspire

Knight
I will release it along with everything else, I'm just waiting for the right time to do it. That post wasn't directed at you Insanity and I'm not upset with the community, what I meant to say was that there has been an increase in people just taking advantage and pushing out shards just for monetary gain and I don't want my work to help fuel that right now, this phase seems to happen every summer and I'm just biding time.

As for dangling candy in-front of a child...
Admittedly true.
What is life without whimsy, suspense and a hopeful future?
It is a good idea, it's one of the most common and best ways to get your product known. (other than actually getting it released)
When will Valve finish HL2:Ep 3? I don't know, they keep disappointing me, but I'm not down at their office telling them they need to remember it, but I'm bursting to get the damn game! :)

Also, if I didn't take my time, I'd run out of ideas or motivation, whichever first...

I honestly don't mind about people asking me about release dates and general questions, but I don't remember employing a personal assistant to keep track of my submissions for me.
What if I didn't want to come back to this system and finalize it?
What if I wanted it to die off because I decided I wanted to keep it private?

What you said Insanity, was the equivalent to making a promise to everyone on my behalf, which is very annoying considering you do not know any of my plans, hence the tone of my post.
I went through all of my older submissions and resurrected them selectively, passing over the Email API (and a few others) that still need testing.

Long story short, don't resurrect my threads and tell me I need to work on them.
Questions are more than welcome.
My overall opinion is indifferent.
Rock On.

Vorspire

Knight
Actually now the I remember, the main reason I've been falling behind with the Emailing API is not just because of lack of testing, it's using a unique save strategy that I've been integrating into all of my newer systems, the newest version of the save strategy is being used by the AutoPVP system I'm finalizing.
It's a vicious circle, when I customise or add new features to the AutoPVP system, it improves somewhat, but never feel like it's "completed", as in I always think more can be added, therefore I'm stuck in an endless loop of upgrades to the utilities.
The save strategy will be updated to the Emailing API from the AutoPVP system, as you cansee now the Email API, although unrelated to the AutoPVP system, is still depending upon completion before it can be updated.
A number of my projects are stuck in a loop-hole like this and they all depend on which project I'[m working on most currently. So when the AutoPVP system is perfect, everything else can be finalized much faster.
I hope this opens a small window into the way I prioitize my work-load so you can better understand when to expect things to happen.
When you see the AutoPVP system go public in custom script releases, you should assume the Emailing API will follow with a week.

duponthigh

Sorceror
Hehe no doubt dude you do have alot on your plate.I give you props for that.I bet it is hecktic worken on all those.Lol I was reading over some of your scripts and when you do, get one out man is it good.Me being new just in aw at your work and time u put in.Im kinda new but if you need some testers let me know.Im all about learning maybe I could learn something.Keep it up man , take your time will all be here and all be waiting lol :)