RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ryan Playermobile? What the hell is that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buggler

Wanderer
Ryan Playermobile? What the hell is that?

Ok, I installed RunUO, cleared all facets of all worlds, deleted all my items but it still remained 2 playermobiles in world.

One it's me, but the other is.... Ryan!?!?

I found this out using WorldSpy Script. In the list there is my playermobile and a playermobile "invisible" called Ryan.

I don't know if this is a bug, but somebody has found this before?

cward

Wanderer
Buggler said:
Ok, I installed RunUO, cleared all facets of all worlds, deleted all my items but it still remained 2 playermobiles in world.

One it's me, but the other is.... Ryan!?!?

I found this out using WorldSpy Script. In the list there is my playermobile and a playermobile "invisible" called Ryan.

I don't know if this is a bug, but somebody has found this before?

It was from when he ran all the generators that decorated and created docs before packaging.

Buggler

Wanderer
I didn't understand. You're saying that they forgot to remove this playermobile before packaging RunUO to download?

And this playermobile comes with all items from testcenter.

Quantos

Lord
They couldn't remove it. It's tough to delete the player you are using to decorate. Don't worry about it, Ryan is not out to hack your shard :)

Grae

Wanderer
Scripts: Compiling C# scripts...done (0 errors, 0 warnings)
Scripts: Compiling VB.net scripts...no files found.
Scripts: Verifying...done (1410 items, 389 mobiles)
World: Loading...done (77713 items, 1294 mobiles) (3.5 seconds)
Regions: Loading...done
Address: 127.0.0.1:2593
Address: 192.168.0.1:2593
Address: ***.***.***.**:2593
Cleanup: Detected 1 inaccessible items, including 1 bank boxes, removing..

Would the Ryan Mobile be the reason I get the above cleanup everytime I start the server? If not any ideas what it could be? I am lost trying to track this down.
I have done a search of the forums in hope of an answer, and found alot of others posted the same thing, but none give a answer on fixing or what really causing it. Even after it cleans up I do a save, but when you boot again it's there again. Someone mentioned possibly a bad account deletion, thats why when I read this about the Ryan Mobile I thought it maybe that might be behind it. It could be the bad account deletion, since you say his character is still in the world invisable. And the cleanup is trying to remove the bankbox attached to this character. I most likely way off track, but it the only answer I can come up with. Maybe these 2 problems are related, maybe not. Any suggestions.

Regards,
Grae

Quantos

Lord
That cleanup occurs when a character is deleted. Either by the staff or by the players. It is not the Ryan playermobile.

awdball

Sorceror
I know I accidentally caused that message to happen on my test shard. I used [props on a pet and looked in the bankbox for pet. This apparently created the bankbox for a Mobile that should never have one. Next time I re-started from that save I saw that message. But for me, when I save and subsequently re-start, I do not keep getting the message. It was cleaned up no prob, just like the message reports.

My first thought when you say it keeps happening is that some script you're running might be referring to the bankbox of a Mobile that is not a PlayerMobile.

I REALLY wonder why bankbox is defined on Mobile, unless only to have it in the core where folks can't mess with it....

In any case I suggest checking any customizations you might have that refer to BankBox. If say it were in one of your Serialize functions it would get created on every save and thereby cleaned up in every re-start.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
awdball · NON-beligerent Forum Member · · · · ;^) · · · · RUNUO-FAQ · · [CODE] Post CODE inside tags [/CODE]
The team for moderation on RUNUO Forums · · · · HelpSomeone
(old school c coder learning and luvin c#) · · · · · · · Great C# Tutorial

Grae

Wanderer
awdball said:
I know I accidentally caused that message to happen on my test shard. I used [props on a pet and looked in the bankbox for pet. This apparently created the bankbox for a Mobile that should never have one. Next time I re-started from that save I saw that message. But for me, when I save and subsequently re-start, I do not keep getting the message. It was cleaned up no prob, just like the message reports.

My first thought when you say it keeps happening is that some script you're running might be referring to the bankbox of a Mobile that is not a PlayerMobile.

I REALLY wonder why bankbox is defined on Mobile, unless only to have it in the core where folks can't mess with it....

In any case I suggest checking any customizations you might have that refer to BankBox. If say it were in one of your Serialize functions it would get created on every save and thereby cleaned up in every re-start.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
awdball · NON-beligerent Forum Member · · · · ;^) · · · · RUNUO-FAQ · · [CODE] Post CODE inside tags [/CODE]
The team for moderation on RUNUO Forums · · · · HelpSomeone
(old school c coder learning and luvin c#) · · · · · · · Great C# Tutorial

Thats the weird part, I did a total uninstall of the server, deleted everything and started again from scratch. Total fresh install, no modifications, no customisations, no outside scripts add as yet, just basic RunUO 1.0 RCO. Only account and character created is Admin. And still I get the cleanup thing, even after a save and reboot. I even let it cleanup, and deleted all the saves in case any may have for some reason corrupted. Did a fresh save. Yet it remains every reboot. Other than the Admin Account/Charater, there is no other, besides the possible invisable Ryan Mobile. Thats why I thought there could be a possible link.

I guess in time the answer will reveal itself. Or you guys that know this stuff better may come across an answer. Till then be well.

Regards,
Grae

Buggler

Wanderer
Just use WorldSpy Script and remove "Ryan" from your shard ppl. I thought it was a bug or a spawner in a wrong place, but it's just a playermobile that can't be deleted by the [clearfacet command.

jaynigs

Wanderer
Ok sorry to bring this up again, but i have a question...

Im using myrunuo and i wanted all players in game to be shown unless set otherwise, so i used this command..

[global set publicmyrunuo true where playermobile

then i started to get database problems basically stating that the players were more than the ones listed. so i then set them all to false, ever since then the myrunuo page goes wrong on the letter R, i can see all players up to RY.... then i get an error on the page and it only displays players up the nearest player which is a player called robin and the only player next to him which would come alphabetically is ryan.. and my player ryanthegreat isnt shown...

So my question is,

How do i get around this? is ryan still there but totally invisible (and ive set his publicmyrunuo to true then false so he is now on the database in some form and therefore making it invalid?, or is this another problem??

Thanks

Jay

I am going to keep my Ryan for good luck... I always feel like he's holding up the place, running around doing little chores when no one is watching :p

Besides... now you can say: Ryan once logged into your shard... which in itself is not a bad achievment at all hehe

Myrddin

Sorceror
Ryan is definately a good luck charm. All shards with Ryan still in the worldfile are guarnteed prosperity and to win many awards in the UO community.

KillerBeeZ

Knight
salamando said:
Ryan is definately a good luck charm. All shards with Ryan still in the worldfile are guarnteed prosperity and to win many awards in the UO community.

lol I never know he was in there... thus never deleted him, yet I've won no awards :mad:

that is interesting that Ryan is in everyones world, I actually think its funny that people are trying to delete him and getting errors... sorry, I'm twisted I guess

I'll leave my Ryan in the world :D otherwise, who would keep the Harrower company when he isn't out killing newbs?

I think Ryan comes out once in a while in the form of the Wanderer :p

Fluesopp

Wanderer
I HAVE SEEN RYAN!
I once saw a figure in the throne room. He had a white admin robe and was adding some decoration to the castle. The name sayd: Lord British AKA RYAN. Beside him was another figure. It was the harrower. They was chatting so I hide behind the wall. Suddenly the RYAN teleported to me and yelled: WAKE UP!!! IT'S 8.AM. YOU'll BE LATE FOR SCHOOL!!!...
Aw.... I didn't saw Ryan...

Status
Not open for further replies.