RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[SA] Race Changer Deed

Pure Insanity

Sorceror
[SA] Race Changer Deed

This is the first thing I have ever released here that I've made myself. Main reason because I don't want to release something until it's perfect from my point of view. Although something like this is rather simple, and I mostly created it because someone recently was having trouble getting an old deed to work with Gargoyles.

This new deed is called RaceChangerDeed. It allows you to change into a Human, Elf, and Gargoyle. It won't let you turn into the race you already are in. When you double click the deed, it opens a gump. Showing an image of each race, with buttons at the bottom to change to the race.

If the player is a female, the correct images will be shown. Same goes for male. Currently it just shows the paper doll. Later I might have it display some clothing over the images to look a little more professional. If anyone else has any other ideas to put into this, let me know.

Below are images of the gump.

Expect a lot more releases from me soon, atm I'm just working on getting my shard stable and where I want it. My shard is a CRL shard, so I'm going all out to make things as realistic as I can. While still having neat things like this deed and other things to help and influence game play.

Attachments

• 12-4-2010 7-49-09 PM.png
    12-4-2010 7-49-09 PM.png
    102.9 KB · Views: 175
  • 12-4-2010 8-02-20 PM.png
    12-4-2010 8-02-20 PM.png
    105.4 KB · Views: 149
  • Race Deed.zip
    2.8 KB · Views: 220

Pure Insanity

Sorceror
Just figured I would let everyone know that I have plans on updating this tomorrow if I don't get busy with something else. It has come to my attention that when changing from a gargoyle to another creature that you still keep the same body hue and horns. I'll come up with a method of fixing the hair and hue and update the original post if anyone is interested in using this.

Also I'm open to other ideas if you can think of any.

Pure Insanity

Sorceror
Yes, I have noticed this myself shortly after making it. It wouldn't be hard to go in and edit it to set the horns to nothing, but I have plans to just make it so it allows you to pick your hair/ect when switching to and from. Right now I'm working on a pretty big system, but once it's done and out of the way or I need to take a break from it. I will get around to fixing this and adding a few more minor features.

i tryed this script for runuo2.0 this is wat i get can someone give me the link for Gargoyle or script if not im not gonna use this script for the shard

RunUO - [www.runuo.com] Version 2.0, Build 3567.2838
Core: Running on .NET Framework Version 2.0.50727
Scripts: Compiling C# scripts...failed (1 errors, 2 warnings)
Warnings:
+ Custom/Knives Chat 3.0 Beta 9/General/MultiConnection.cs:
CS0168: Line 65: The variable 'e' is declared but never used
CS0168: Line 134: The variable 'e' is declared but never used
CS0168: Line 165: The variable 'e' is declared but never used
CS0168: Line 184: The variable 'e' is declared but never used
CS0168: Line 201: The variable 'e' is declared but never used
CS0168: Line 252: The variable 'e' is declared but never used
+ Custom/Knives Chat 3.0 Beta 9/Gumps/Error Reporting/Errors.cs:
CS0618: Line 91: 'System.Web.Mail.MailMessage' is obsolete: 'The recommended
alternative is System.Net.Mail.MailMessage. http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?lin
kid=14202'
CS0618: Line 91: 'System.Web.Mail.MailMessage' is obsolete: 'The recommended
alternative is System.Net.Mail.MailMessage. http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?lin
kid=14202'
CS0618: Line 102: 'System.Web.Mail.SmtpMail' is obsolete: 'The recommended a
lternative is System.Net.Mail.SmtpClient. http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid
=14202'
Errors:
+ Custom/Race Deed/Race Changer Gump.cs:
CS0117: Line 88: 'Server.Race' does not contain a definition for 'Gargoyle'
CS0117: Line 158: 'Server.Race' does not contain a definition for 'Gargoyle'

CS0117: Line 164: 'Server.Race' does not contain a definition for 'Gargoyle'

Scripts: One or more scripts failed to compile or no script files were found.
- Press return to exit, or R to try again.

Pure Insanity

Sorceror
This script won't work for your shard. It's meant for the SA svn, as it includes the gargoyle race. Sorry.

This won't be supported on 2.0 or 2.1 atm, as 2.1 also doesn't have the new race enabled.

Pure Insanity

Sorceror
Not sure how you went about doing this, but there is a svn build that has all of it functioning also. But apparently you setup your Gargoyle race differently. This was built using the SA svn. You would have to adapt the script it's self, or implement the new race correctly. Just changing the body value isn't good enough. As some things are race specific, such as many of the new gargoyle equipment. Without being able to refer to the player mobiles race, you'd have to compare bodyvalues or something. Which just isn't a good idea. Your server has values such as Server.Race.Human and probably elf, not sure why Gargoyles wasn't added in the same way.

Pure Insanity

Sorceror
The link to the svn I posted above is what this was built for. It is already setup to support all 3 races (human, elf, gargoyle) for a player to choose when creating a new character. This will not work with 2.0 or the 2.1 svn even. Support for the new race hasn't been added yet. If you've added the new Race definition and setup the new race, then you should be fine. But supporting the gargoyle as a race is much more than just changing the bodyvalue. :/