RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[say?

Korin

Wanderer
[say?

I seem to remember a script that allowed you to use "[say blahblah" on someone and it would appear as though they were talking, anyways, I can't find it, so I was wondering if there is any item in UO that I could base my own script off that would work the same? I can't seem to think of anything, nor any of my friends...

Fallacy

Wanderer
hmmm

I ran across a script that might be able to help you as a basis for comparison while I was searching the other day. Try looking under a few "pet" based searches... I believe it was something along the lines of petspeak.

Hope this helps.:)

Jeff

Lord
Its rather simple to just create

Simply make the command produce a target cursor for the player and pass the string to the target, on targetting a player simply grab the players speach hue and just do targeted.Say( hue, "message" );

its simple, if i get a chance later when im home i will post it here, but in the mean time try and script it yourself and post the problems you are having and we can work you through it.

Kamron

Knight
Umm.... I may be wrong, but is there a [tell command for staff?
or something to force someone to say something? I thought there was a command like that put in.

Jeff

Lord
XxSP1DERxX said:
Umm.... I may be wrong, but is there a [tell command for staff?
or something to force someone to say something? I thought there was a command like that put in.
That just does what it implies, it "Tells" the person a message, it doesnt make then say it.

Kamron

Knight
I know, I figured I got the command wrong... but I thought there was a command to make someone say something.... hrm I will look it up when I get home.

Jeff

Lord
XxSP1DERxX said:
I know, I figured I got the command wrong... but I thought there was a command to make someone say something.... hrm I will look it up when I get home.
I've looked but never found something, that would be great if there was, then we would kill at least one post that keeps repeating :)

Korin

Wanderer
I found a couple of [say scripts about 15 pages back after I had searched for "make a player say"... Good job though Avorneen.

Edit: Also comes with [itemsay... It was made by David for anyone who is interested.