RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Scripting In VB.NET

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swerve_jnr

Wanderer
you see thats why we need someone like david around he thinks so time in't wastd in running into massive problems :) nice 1

zeocrash

Wanderer
I think it's stupid to assume that if someone can't code scripts in C# they can't code in VB. I used to be a proffesional VB developer, my VB skills are top notch, I don't know the first thing about c#. I think it's great this guy want's to write a tutorial to help us VB guys out

Sep102

Page
zeocrash said:
I think it's stupid to assume that if someone can't code scripts in C# they can't code in VB. I used to be a proffesional VB developer, my VB skills are top notch, I don't know the first thing about c#. I think it's great this guy want's to write a tutorial to help us VB guys out

Perhaps he is assuming that for those who have never coded anything and have no prior knowledge of programming before coming here, using VB .NET to write scripts would be a poor idea, most especially concerning the level of support they would likely receive on them than if they were written in C# (that is, not saying that VB .NET is a bad language or development platform, only that the vast majority here who know how to program most likely know more C# than VB).

Greystar

Wanderer
Sep102 said:
Perhaps he is assuming that for those who have never coded anything and have no prior knowledge of programming before coming here, using VB .NET to write scripts would be a poor idea, most especially concerning the level of support they would likely receive on them than if they were written in C# (that is, not saying that VB .NET is a bad language or development platform, only that the vast majority here who know how to program most likely know more C# than VB).

personally i know more VB then C#, but I write all my scripts in C# for the exact reason that was mentioned in this thread... the order in which they compile prevents any C# script from accessing anything in a VB script although you can have a VB script access information from a C# script... It's all just a compiler order issue... but, there you have it.

Sep102

Page
Greystar said:
personally i know more VB then C#, but I write all my scripts in C# for the exact reason that was mentioned in this thread... the order in which they compile prevents any C# script from accessing anything in a VB script although you can have a VB script access information from a C# script... It's all just a compiler order issue... but, there you have it.
Yes, but for how many other people on these forums is that true for?

Status
Not open for further replies.