RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Secret Sliding Walls (OSI like)

nerun

Sorceror
I was trying to decorate Underworld (Ter Mur) and there is a lot fo secret walls there, but those secret walls are a new kind of, that don't open like a door, but it "slid". So here goes a BaseSliding script and an example SecretSlidingWalls. Paste both in your Custom folder.

In-game, you can add the only two examples available: SecretShadowWallNS and SecretDungeonWallNS. Just add them with [add. Both are oriented North-South.

[add SecretShadowWallNS

[add SecretDungeonWallNS

This is like it works in OSI shards.

Attachments

• BaseSliding.cs
    1.2 KB · Views: 97
  • SecretSlidingWalls.cs
    1.1 KB · Views: 94

JoshyB

Sorceror
Awesome I will give them a try. I also wanted to thank you for all the other really nice things you have donated. I wish someday that I will be able to make some contribution to the community. Anyway I enjoy the stuff you send out .. Thanks :)

clark71822

Sorceror
Just tested them out in 2.0 Final and works great! These would come in handy for making custom dungeons :D
Great work!

tyrtix

Sorceror
Sorry, but why not add a normal door and make right settings for make it slide instead of normally open? Then you replace the graphic with a normal wall, and done.. Is there something i miss?

mumuboy

Sorceror
The only difference that I can see tyrtix, is the timers. He has the sliding door set to 1.6 and 5.0, and not 0 and 20. There is no Open variable, so a GM cannot set/fix the door if it gets screwed up. And lastly, it is not effected by the open door macro. I assume though that all of this is by design.

Pure Insanity

Sorceror
Secret doors shouldn't open with the open door macro. But yes, this wouldn't anyways as it's a new door type...as far as Razor knows, it doesn't exist. The door could probably use some extra stuff to polish it off, but he has supplied the base class for us to work with and do as we please. As for the question about not using a normal door...imagine you could use a normal BaseDoor and just set the offset correctly to achieve the same effect, not sure.

tyrtix

Sorceror
I've done it, works perfectly, but yes, it opens "like a door", and then with a macro could be opened every time a key is stroke (or maybe even if you step too close), revealing the "secret".
Now i understand the reason of this script, thanks